All member reviews for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

OH MY GOSH!!!!! TOO MUCH LANGUAGE!!!!!!

Language, language, and more language. You can barely go a scene in this movie without at least 1 profanity.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback December 27, 2010

pretty okay, but not that good, its funny though!!

well it was pretty okay, but in one scene it shows a lady appears in a daydream stripping out of her bathing suit, and a camera cuts away, but the breasts almost appeared, and theres alot of profanity in here also
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

HILARIOUS HOLIDAY COMEDY, IF YOUR MATURE ENOUGH

This is the funniest thing ever! I watch it every Christmas and every year I end up crying it is so funny. THE LANGUAGE IS THE WORST THING ON THIS MOVIE! The f word is said once. i can't remember whether the s word was said or not. It is a funny movie that kids can most likely watch. But I would not recomend it to anone under 10. Unless they are very mature.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2014

Quite iffy...

Well,I watched this with my 7 and8 year old sisters and they honestly didn't care. The iffy parts were when Clark gets his"Christmas bonus" and says a never ending list of swears referring to his boss;he goes Christmas Shopping at the mall and finds himself talking to a woman in her mid-20s with ridiculously large breasts and slipping up words like:"It's very nipply outside--I mean nippy". Also later that night he is looking outside the window and sees the woman again in a day dream: the woman is on the diving board of the pool he wants, she gestures for him to come outside and strips down her bathing suit entirely. The camera is put back on Clark just as she turns around to face the camera. Other than that,There are positive messages and role models.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2011

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too profane for a child's eyes:X

the language, let me tell you all, is DOWN-RIGHT PROFANE!!! This movie should be rated R instead of PG13. For suggestive humor, strong profane language, and strong humor
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile December 5, 2008

NOT APPROPRIATE

This movie had sexual dialogue and scenes and pictures, and plenty of language. Many sexual and crude comments, and I can't see how anyone could say an eleven year old could watch it. DO NOT WATCH!
Teen, 14 years old Written byaabigailrose November 29, 2014

Good Old-Fashioned Family Fun!

My family has been watching this movie around Christmas for years! The movie itself is simply the hilarious story of a family trying to put together a "good old-fashioned family Christmas", and all of the crazy mishaps that come their way. Most of the humor is appropriate and funny for children as young as five years old, that being said however, some of the language is not appropriate for preteens and younger. There are some mild sexual references, however they go waaayyy over the head of very young children, and there is no major sexual scenes that cannot be watched by anyone twelve years old. The violence is mostly in the form of funny accidents; a pet cat gets electrocuted, Clark Griswold falls of a latter, etc. While this movie may seem to have some very flawed characters, the message they send about the holidays is a good one, especially in our modern age. Clark goes out of his way to make Christmas special for his niece and nephew who's parents can't afford presents, Clark's boss admits to people being more important than saving a buck, and of course there's a happy family ending. Overall, I would have to highly recommend this movie for anyone with children 12 and over, it is a great family classic.
Kid, 9 years old December 20, 2012

I absolutely LOVED this movie but I am glad I didn't watch it with my brothers.

Language: about 20 uses of "Sh*t" and one 9 yer old girl says it twice. Middle finger gesture twice. "f*ck" is used once. mild swearing is constant and about 75+ uses of "ass" Sex: a few kisses here and there. Violence: There is a lot of slapstick violence that is more comedic than violent. Overall this is an OUTSTANDING Christmas movie and I am glad I watched this on 12/20/12. NOTE: never watch this with anyone under 9!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

You don't know what disfunctional means until you've seen this holiday movie

An average family comedy for the holidays that features probably the worst family ever. The put their waste in the gutter, the wrap a cat in a box and then accidentally electricute it, set fire to a tree, kidnap a man, crash a car, destroy a turkey and do just about every other crazy thing you could imagine.
Kid, 10 years old September 19, 2010

hilareous family comedy
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2009

I think this is the better one of the three movies like concerned wise so i think kids that know right from wrong and no not to say bad words or anything could handle this

I loved this movie

This movie was another sequel to how Clark Griswald screwed up his family's holiday. I loed it I laughed through the whole thing. I like Eddie, and the squirrel.

funny

one of the funniest christmas movies ever made, ever!. for kids 10 and up because it is a little inapropriate like flipping someone off, but on tv they don't show the middle finger. Overall an appropriate movie for tweens and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 August 1, 2015

watch it every christmas

this movie is a classic. i watch it every single Christmas with my family. There's still lots of language in this movie but not as much sex or stuff like that. The Griswalds do some silly and stupid things but it shows you that family is super important. Watch this movie- you won't regret it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. June 4, 2015

Funny as heck!

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. If you're cautious about your kid watching it, there are some innuendos such as Clark looking at a woman's butt as she shows him the size of an underwear brand. And some language such as ass, hell, bitch, s--t, and one f--k
Teen, 14 years old Written bywoods.1000 December 26, 2014

Funny!!!

Language and sexual references frequently occur, but this is one hilarious movie and is suitable for 12 and up. Some strong words are heard like the f-word (this was only used once). There is a part where a girl strips, also, but no parts are on-camera. Her breasts are almost shown. Hilarious!!!!
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2014

Funny but not appropriate

This has some iffy scenes and a lot of language it should be rated R
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2014

LEARNING

I should have realized it was PG-13

I watched this on Netflix, not realizing it was PG-13 (but my parents had already said that this movie was okay to watch). It's hilarious. It's suggestive, but not like you need to brainwash your kids or anything. The swearing is probably all words many kids (sadly) already know about or have heard.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOwen Rohm December 11, 2013

Christmas Vacation

I think that this movie is ok (not as good as original) but still funny has some inappropriate scenes but if you watch it with your parents/kids it will be fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe November 24, 2013

Funny, silly Christmas movie

This is funny. I got turned on from seeing a woman in a one-piece swimsuit stripping naked. I even liked when "some jackass is riding Clark's tail" and he strikes back by flipping them off. This is my brother's favorite Christmas movie. It's a great dramedy.