All member reviews for National Lampoon's Vacation

Adult Written bymovieluvr125 April 9, 2008

There is no way this is 12+!!!!

This movie is not appropriate for 12 year olds! Strong language throughout, lots of drug references, and lots of sexual innuendo(including nudity). DONT LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymonkeyonatable April 9, 2008

It was good

This a true American classic. There are a few iffy spots, but not bad at all. Wow, shortest review that I have ever written.
Teen, 15 years old Written byViolinPlaya650 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 4, 2011

F-bombs galore, and at the end the amount gets pretty scary. The best in the series.

My rating: R for strong language, some nudity and drug content.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJoeNameth September 16, 2009

Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2009

Violence includes punching and shooting with a bebe gun. Nudity is skinny dipping when he is already married
Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2009

Iffy 4 kids aged under 15

I think that kids who realize they can't use bad language could handle this
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 August 7, 2009

funny

Funny movie, a few f-words. and two scenes of nudity. Not that innaproprite tho
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2009

I laughed so hard I had to go to the hospatol to get my stomach stapled.

I love this movie. I got it when I was six for christmas. I laughed so hard I really had to go to the hospatol to get my stomach stapled because my splean fell out. Well what I was trying to say is that this movie is pretty good for the younger ones because the sex stuff is mild and fly right over the littles heads. I don't know why it was rated R. My baby sister ( she was 4) did'nt get the sex stuff. This movie is difenitley a family comedy. So your kids will probbaly like this movie. And parents will too. Trust me you will NOT be dissipointed with this movie. But you will be dissipointed with epic movie. Check my review for that too. So bye till next time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDisneyGirl94 March 29, 2010

Not good for younger teens but older teens will love it as well as adults!

This is a very funny movie! Loved it. The only problems are some cussing and one scene with the main character skinny dipping but nothing shown. But other than that it is a great movie for laughs. Will laugh the whole way through
Adult Written byholmessph December 24, 2010

Find edited version, Walmart has ruined this movie for ever for the family

I just bought this from the $5 movie bin from Walmart.. I watched this on TV all the time growing up and I never ever remember it being this bad. This copy had several scenes of nudity, a lot more language and sexual behavior that was NEVER in the TV version.. It's ashamed, the edited version is HILARIOUS and I hate that I can't watch this with my family
Teen, 14 years old Written byhitchman June 6, 2009

Family Movie

THE BEST COMEDY OF ALL TIME! The perfect movie to watch with the whole family (if kids are about this age). Very little nudity, pretty strong language, and a dog left tied to the rear bumper and dragged to death.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

It depends...

This is not a movie for little kids, there is lots of language. Know your kids before you let them see it. Its good for my age as long as the parents are okay with it. It really depends on what the parent in question finds appropriate, though...
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2009

perfect for older kids over 10

I think its ok i mean its pretty funny but i think some stuff is to iffy!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Its Not that Bad!

Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

I was 7 when I saw it

I watched it at my aunts house when I was 7. They kinda muted the whole thing. They didn't realize that all the words appered on the bottom of the screen. Whoa I didn't realize that there so many bad words. Don't watch it.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2009

i luved it

i luved it but wouldnt reccomend it 4 kids under the age of 12
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 2, 2010

Catch the TV version

Vacation is basically a comedy for the whole family except for one scene with skinny dipping and outbursts of the f-bomb. It's very funny, and most definitely the ultimate road-trip movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymwplefty April 9, 2008

One of Chevy Chase's Bests!

This comedy starring Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Imogene Coca, among others is one heck of a comedy. It's beyond funny, it keeps you watching, and even anticipating what Clark Griswald will do to ruin his vacation to Wally World even more. I recommend this movie to children 14 and up because of the nine-time usages of the F-word. However, most of them were meant to be totally comical except for the three where Clark is yelling at his family. There were no uses of it sexually. The language was what really put this movie in the R category. The overall theme is suitable for all ages but nudity was also present. Beverly D'Angelo is seen briefly topless in 3 scenes one of which is jumping into the public motel pool. Also Audrey accepts marijuana from Cousin Vicki who grew it on her farm. She is seen briefly smoking it. Other than that, the sexuality is more on the lines of PG-13 as well as the violence involving a gun (supposed to be comical). Overall, it really was mild for an R and deserves a rating between PG-13 and R (if there really was one).