All member reviews for National Lampoon's Vacation

Adult Written bymovieluvr125 April 9, 2008

There is no way this is 12+!!!!

This movie is not appropriate for 12 year olds! Strong language throughout, lots of drug references, and lots of sexual innuendo(including nudity). DONT LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byViolinPlaya650 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 28, 2012

national lampoons vacation

Families can talk about comedies. How can a dead dog -- or a dead old lady -- be funny? Can you think of other popular movies that turn disgusting and depraved situations into laughs -- or at least try to? How far can filmmakers push it before they've crossed the line into true tasteless territory? Who do you think most of these movies are targeted to? How do you know?
Teen, 15 years old Written bymonkeyonatable April 9, 2008

It was good

This a true American classic. There are a few iffy spots, but not bad at all. Wow, shortest review that I have ever written.
Adult Written byholmessph December 24, 2010

Find edited version, Walmart has ruined this movie for ever for the family

I just bought this from the $5 movie bin from Walmart.. I watched this on TV all the time growing up and I never ever remember it being this bad. This copy had several scenes of nudity, a lot more language and sexual behavior that was NEVER in the TV version.. It's ashamed, the edited version is HILARIOUS and I hate that I can't watch this with my family
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 2, 2010

Catch the TV version

Vacation is basically a comedy for the whole family except for one scene with skinny dipping and outbursts of the f-bomb. It's very funny, and most definitely the ultimate road-trip movie.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJoeNameth September 16, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

I was 7 when I saw it

I watched it at my aunts house when I was 7. They kinda muted the whole thing. They didn't realize that all the words appered on the bottom of the screen. Whoa I didn't realize that there so many bad words. Don't watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymwplefty April 9, 2008

One of Chevy Chase's Bests!

This comedy starring Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Imogene Coca, among others is one heck of a comedy. It's beyond funny, it keeps you watching, and even anticipating what Clark Griswald will do to ruin his vacation to Wally World even more. I recommend this movie to children 14 and up because of the nine-time usages of the F-word. However, most of them were meant to be totally comical except for the three where Clark is yelling at his family. There were no uses of it sexually. The language was what really put this movie in the R category. The overall theme is suitable for all ages but nudity was also present. Beverly D'Angelo is seen briefly topless in 3 scenes one of which is jumping into the public motel pool. Also Audrey accepts marijuana from Cousin Vicki who grew it on her farm. She is seen briefly smoking it. Other than that, the sexuality is more on the lines of PG-13 as well as the violence involving a gun (supposed to be comical). Overall, it really was mild for an R and deserves a rating between PG-13 and R (if there really was one).
Teen, 15 years old Written byDisneyGirl94 March 29, 2010

Not good for younger teens but older teens will love it as well as adults!

This is a very funny movie! Loved it. The only problems are some cussing and one scene with the main character skinny dipping but nothing shown. But other than that it is a great movie for laughs. Will laugh the whole way through
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2009

perfect for older kids over 10

I think its ok i mean its pretty funny but i think some stuff is to iffy!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Its Not that Bad!

Adult Written bydigitex30189 April 9, 2008

Great!!!

Common Sense has a tendency to call movies dated, but I assure you, this one is not dated at all. Just cause the cars and clothes look a little bit old, it doesn't mean you have to give it only 3 stars and call it dated. This is an excellent movie, it is hilarious, but the language is kind of iffy, and yes, due to all the F-Words, it does deserve its R rating, though that is mostly it. 5/5
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 28, 2014

Hilarious family comedy focus on iffy content

My rating: PG-13 for violence,language,sexual content and drug refrences
Teen, 16 years old Written byjamesbondfan November 18, 2014

Definitely not for kids. There's quite a lot of nudity and swearing in it. If your under the age of 14 you should probably try and find the edited version. 15 and over should be just fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenMonster2002 July 13, 2014

Great movie!

This movie is great, but there's some iffy stuff for preteens. Some language and some characters kiss, go skinny dipping (nothing is shown) etc. Otherwise awesome movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byacgolfer20 June 14, 2014

Interesting

This movie staring chevy chase showcases him as clark taking his kids on a vacation to really world. While traveling along the road Clark takes his kids to different way points that he finds most attrativating to go see. When in the various motels at night there is a lot of making love between him and his wife. At one of the motels he meets this lady who is very attractive and she talks with him and they walk together out by the pool. The part that is most disturbing is that she starts removing her clothing and jumps into the pool. The part I also find interesting is that Clark follows her and takes of his clothes even though he is married. Overall, this film is okay and has some iffy spots but the rest is fine
Teen, 15 years old Written byMelvin April 15, 2014

Really funny. Just skip a part or two

There are a few f words and a scene with female nudity but that can be skipped. It could be much worse
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2014

The Best Movie Ever!

This Movie Is THE BEST EVER MADE!! There are 9 F-Words and the wife is in the shower and her breasts are completely shown. Probably should watch it before your child. If you can find it on TV watch that with your kid because they take out all the language and nudity in the film. TV version ok for 8+ But DVD is 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv February 12, 2014

Why is it inappropriate for kids under 15?

Kids above 10 are allowed to watch this movie, but should not say the profanity words mentioned. This movie is VERY funny that you'll child will enjoy it!