All member reviews for National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

Action-packed treasure hunt is age-appropriate but so-so.

Parent Written bySinfoniarc September 24, 2011

Great Family Movie!

As a parent in his early 30s of children who are ages 8 & 10, this movie reminds me much of The Goonies...without all of the bad language. While the movie is fiction, there are historical elements to the movie that are neat to hear about and can be used as educational tools for your children. For example, the opening scene is a dramatic re-enactment of the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln. Relax...there's no blood or gore associated with it. Most kids will be familiar with the story, but few will know many details about it. On a social level, the movie deals with stuff that some kids will be able to relate to and others won't. For example, Ben Gates' parents are divorced and not necessarily fond of each other but somehow grow closer once again throughout the adventure in the movie. Ben and his girlfriend have lived together and are now broken up. There is a scene in which they're discussing who will take possession of some mutual property. Nothing is detailed throughout it, but your kids may pick up on it. The rest of the movie is action-packed without showing gore or much violence (especially by comparison to the first movie). Ed Harris is a great bad guy as always, who shows a good side in the end. As usual, Disney did a superb job with the HD rendering and the surround sound is great as well.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBenito36 July 23, 2010
I started watching the movie and really liked it however they use God's name in vain which is worse than cussing. B/c of that I cannot recommend the movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2012

Nice Family Movie but...

There is some stuff you should know, Mitch dies, a cheesy kissing scene to create a distraction, the guys in the movie are flirts, Ben kidnapped the president, you find out Ben and Abigail have been living together without marriage (but not anymore because of a fight), and lots of struggling to try to get out of a enclosed room that is filling up with water. I would say it is good for 8 year olds who are aren't so sensitive. But this movie will have you at the end of your seats!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 30, 2012

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets Review

It contains all the elements from the original film, but that's the problem. It's virtually the same movie with new locations. The good news is that the movie has terrific special effects.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 24, 2010
the first was a bit better,maybe
Teen, 15 years old Written bydroolingfan_not April 9, 2008

Terrible movie...

This was totally one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen! Honestly, kidnapping the President of the United States? What's he going to do in the third movie, murder someone?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byapplestoapples April 9, 2008

Disappointing....

I walked into this movie with my family and little brother; hoping that this NT would be more exciting and understandable than the first. It was not. The plot seems to be detailed at first, but it goes by so quickly that you just don't have the time to realise that it simply doesn't make any sense at all. The action is mild, and pretty weak by my standards. If your child has seen several other action movies, and is over the age of 10, they may feel the same way. My little brother, however, loved it, and he is 9 years old currently. BUT, take in the fact that he is deathly afraid of nearly every little "scary" thing in other movies like this and you'll find that he only enjoyed it because it WAS NOT very 'action-packed' or intense. As far as the language, sexual content, and violence go, everything is either kept to a minimun (and I mean MINIMUM) or just not included at all. This movie might satisfy younger fans, but I, personally, found it to be a big let down.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Parent Written byNilus May 8, 2015

Son loved it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicallover2001 February 9, 2014

Really fun and action-packed!

It was a really good movie and really tied in with the first movie!! I highly recommend it.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byDavidhp7 April 1, 2013

National treasure 2

Really awesome pg rating accurate perhaps not as good as the First but still spectacular
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

NATIONAL TREASURE 2 : BOOK OF SECRETS

2nd movie is action-packed but ok for younger kids
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Fun and Underrated

People say National Treasure is corny,lame, and a lot of other things. But here's what I say it's not corny,it's not lame and it's pretty entertaining movie. Okay,okay the only corny thing is they figure the mystery to fast,but you don't even notice. The script is good,the acting is great,and it's fun. So people don't go to hard on this movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2010

OK for 10 and up

The movie was ok
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2010

alsome

it is a the best history movie ever
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bylightandlife November 12, 2009

Great Sequel!

I was happy to see the sequel followed just about the same path as the first, which made it really good! It was a little more violent than the first one with the guy getting shot in the first scenes of the movie, but overall, it was clean like the first. Refreshing having movies like National Treasure and this sequel to see with the whole family that is actually clean!
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

great

i didnt think this was possible but this one is better than the first one it was great
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

good movie 10 and over

very good movie better then first good for family too 10 and over
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2009

no no for under 10

very scary its really wierd when u see the skeltons its just plain wierd and the sex com'mon the lady just kisses him and you see that she really hates it and then she stops abruptly when the guy gets wwhat he whants
Kid, 8 years old February 19, 2009

I loved it!

I think National Treasure Book of Secrets is a very good movie. There are a ccouple of violent parts but everything else is ok. Iwould say that it is ok for 8 and up.