All member reviews for National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2012

Nice Family Movie but...

There is some stuff you should know, Mitch dies, a cheesy kissing scene to create a distraction, the guys in the movie are flirts, Ben kidnapped the president, you find out Ben and Abigail have been living together without marriage (but not anymore because of a fight), and lots of struggling to try to get out of a enclosed room that is filling up with water. I would say it is good for 8 year olds who are aren't so sensitive. But this movie will have you at the end of your seats!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydroolingfan_not April 9, 2008

Terrible movie...

This was totally one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen! Honestly, kidnapping the President of the United States? What's he going to do in the third movie, murder someone?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byapplestoapples April 9, 2008

Disappointing....

I walked into this movie with my family and little brother; hoping that this NT would be more exciting and understandable than the first. It was not. The plot seems to be detailed at first, but it goes by so quickly that you just don't have the time to realise that it simply doesn't make any sense at all. The action is mild, and pretty weak by my standards. If your child has seen several other action movies, and is over the age of 10, they may feel the same way. My little brother, however, loved it, and he is 9 years old currently. BUT, take in the fact that he is deathly afraid of nearly every little "scary" thing in other movies like this and you'll find that he only enjoyed it because it WAS NOT very 'action-packed' or intense. As far as the language, sexual content, and violence go, everything is either kept to a minimun (and I mean MINIMUM) or just not included at all. This movie might satisfy younger fans, but I, personally, found it to be a big let down.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicallover2001 February 9, 2014

Really fun and action-packed!

It was a really good movie and really tied in with the first movie!! I highly recommend it.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

NATIONAL TREASURE 2 : BOOK OF SECRETS

2nd movie is action-packed but ok for younger kids
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Fun and Underrated

People say National Treasure is corny,lame, and a lot of other things. But here's what I say it's not corny,it's not lame and it's pretty entertaining movie. Okay,okay the only corny thing is they figure the mystery to fast,but you don't even notice. The script is good,the acting is great,and it's fun. So people don't go to hard on this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 30, 2012

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets Review

It contains all the elements from the original film, but that's the problem. It's virtually the same movie with new locations. The good news is that the movie has terrific special effects.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2010

OK for 10 and up

The movie was ok
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2010

alsome

it is a the best history movie ever
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

great

i didnt think this was possible but this one is better than the first one it was great
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2009

no no for under 10

very scary its really wierd when u see the skeltons its just plain wierd and the sex com'mon the lady just kisses him and you see that she really hates it and then she stops abruptly when the guy gets wwhat he whants
Kid, 8 years old February 19, 2009

I loved it!

I think National Treasure Book of Secrets is a very good movie. There are a ccouple of violent parts but everything else is ok. Iwould say that it is ok for 8 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTemerity April 9, 2008

Good Movie, but another unnessessary sequel from Disney

I personally loved the original National Treasure movie and Disney movies are not usually my thing. The National Treasure movies still require a suspension of disbelief like all Disney movies, but less so than your average cars and animals talking and singing fairy tale. Rather than searching for another treasure full of all the great lost historical artifacts through the ages, Ben and friends and now on the trail of Cibola, the lost city of gold. The storyline is very much similar to the first movie especially in the way that the "bad guys" do nothing to come closer to the treasure, but keep up with them anyways. You should definately still see this movie its great for most all of the family the only concerns are a fair deal of mild violence and high speed chases and some questionable social behavior such as hacking government computers and kidnapping the president.

I didn't think that national treasure2 had as much historical content as the first and I find it hard to beleave that the city of gold could be is south dakota. wasn't it suppose to be in south america? the history the movie made up wasn't as beleavable as the first one. a golden city beneath mt. rushmore? I don't think so. a book that is passed down through all the presidents seems logical though.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Encore!

Loved it like a brother I never had. I loved the action-packed chases. You just want to see it over over again. 100% baby awsome and AMAZING!

more clues...

This movie, like national treasure, Has the same concept with the clues, but the clues arn't as in depth and are harder to understand. The movie doesn't have a good message because the main character does things like kidnapping the president.

Better than the 1st

this National Treasure Movie was way better than the first one! This movie was so interesting with its histroical facts and artifacts! i really enjoyed it! it even had some funny parts! nothing bad in it but some mild fighting and kissing. great family movie! 7+

Disappointing...

The first was definitely better...'nuff said.

GREAT