All member reviews for National Treasure

good movie

great history movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 4, 2010

Fun Film With Some Education

While this is not the best film out there, it's a fun adventure film (similar to Pirates of The Caribbean). The storyline is interesting as well as the characters (Riley is really funny). The main character, Ben, does steal, but he does it for a good reason, so I do believe it's a (mostly) positive message. Also, there is a little bit of history in this about the Revolutionary War, so it's sort of educational. As far as content, there is a good amount of violence. Not only do people fight, but there's also a lot of peril. Not much blood, though, and there aren't a lot of action scenes as compared to those superhero films. Abigail is considered "hot" and is seen dressing in one scene. There is a joke in which Ben tells his dad that he's in trouble and he asks, "Is she [Abigail] pregnant?" There wasn't much language; in fact I don't remember any. I think the whole family will enjoy it; just make sure kids can handle the violence. I'd give it about a 3.5/5 stars
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2010

NT (National Treasure) is TB (The Best)!!! :)

THIS IS THE BEST!!! My favorite movie. There is a little violence and two characters kiss, but it's great. It also teaches some great things about history. Amazing!
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byGilldel September 19, 2009

excellent and intelligent

National Treasure is one of my favorite movies. This is NO dumb stunts and explosions movie! There are intelligent puzzles great suspense scenes and solid acting. There is a bit of shooting and violence including two of the main characters being killed in an exploding ship and a villian plunging into a black pit. There is only one piece of language that I heard (d***) and I wouldn't have heard it if it wern't for the subtitles. The heroes steal the Decleration of Independance but only to prevent the bad guys from getting at it. Over all an excellent and intellegent film definately worth checking out!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRosebud95 July 5, 2010

Good Movie!

This movie is really good and has some funny parts.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2011

Best movie ever of all time!

Okay. This is the best movie ever of all time. I know that you will look at this as just another review but I really truly recommend it. My five year old brother watched it and said "This is kind of scary...I like scary." (He jumped less than my Grandma) It has a lot of guns but there is no blood shown or deaths from them. One bad guy fell down a tunnel and died but again, no blood. There is a fairly intense part right after that but we all thought it was great! Hope you enjoy the movie!
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

great for the whole family

luv this movie it is very great for the whole family no matter how old u r or what kind of person u r u will luv this movie and series

the movie has good historical content and teaches the reader about america's history. I liked that the movie gives a possibility of what could be, and makes us think. I also liked figuring out the clues and riddles
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

AAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

This is a great movie! The language is mild. There's no blood, just a lot of shootings that miss every time. This movie is unpredictable! That's what makes it so great! And there's almost as much comedy as there is action/adventure! This is a must-see for everyone 10 and up!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

A smart and very exciting action movie.

National Treasure is an action packed adventure with a cleaver story. Its not 5 star film but its a 4 star film which makes it good too. It might scare little kids and may be a bit to violent but still it was pretty good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquertydog April 9, 2008

Very cool....

THis was amazing. Lots of people thought this was really stupid but it's really sweet, cause they have all this high tech stuff and they have some really cool shots such as Nick Cage is walking down a sidewalk and is being followed by some guys...he walks across a diagonal crosswalk and a bus goes by so you cant see him. when the bus is gone and you can see him, hes running as fast as he can go and then the villains are like whoa and run after him. It's really REALLY cool...see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybandgeekl April 9, 2008

Amazing!!

I LOVE this movie!!! It's sooooo good! Its about history and there trying to figure out a long national mystery and the find a treasure. I love it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjietoh12622 April 9, 2008

I loved it.

I thought this was a very good movie. The language, drug and sex references were mild. I appreciate also the educational yet fun way they put it together. I think its a must-see for history lovers and familys alike. Enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybananabrain04 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohan April 9, 2008

Pretty good but could be better...

I don't understand why CSM thinks this movie is so awful! I liked it. The good thing is that throughout the entire movie, the film remains entertaining, just like Pirates of the Carribean. There are some really good scenes and it is a very intelligent movie. However, it can get ridiculous sometimes. Little kids will like it. There are some skeletons and guns and violence like that. For sexual content, there are juts some kisses and a referance to pregnancy. Some very mild swear words as well. There is also some reckless behavior, involing a man stealing his dad's own car and tying him up(but making it entertaining and putting the Tv remote in his hand with a soda as well.). Other than that, its fine for kids. Its an average movie with a lot of wit and entertainment. A good popcorn-popper or friday-night mvoie. Tons of non-violent action. See it when you don't have any other ideas of what to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkcrushxo November 15, 2009

I love this movie!

Action-Packed fun for Ages 9 and up!

National Treasure is an action-packed, fun, and suspensful film for the whole family. The film gets violent infrequently, but it is suspensful and intense a lot. There is no sex or language, but the characters do do several minor irrational things, like STEALING THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE! The theft plunges Benjamin Gates, friend Riley Pool, and a governemnt worker named Abagail into a frantic search for a hidden treasure. The threesome are paired against Ian and his thugs, all of whom are former colleagues. I strongly disagree with the people who say this film is dumb, for I enjoy it every time I watch it and it stands one of my favorites.