Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for National Velvet

Great family movie; even better for horse lovers.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bytiger19511 August 2, 2009

A good movie for the whole family

This movie is a delight to both adults and kids, alike, especially if you like horses. It tells of the realization of dreams and the cost of achieving them. Velvet, a horse crazy girl, longs for a horse and falls for a questionable gelding. She meets Mi Taylor, who is looking for information about his dead father. The story tells of the work it takes to make a dream come true. Velvet has the support of her mother and the rest of the family. Mi starts out as a scroundrel but responds to the trust Mrs. Brown puts in him. National Velvet is a great movie to be seen over and over.

Parent of a 5, 7, and 10 year old Written byDeniseArts February 15, 2016

Great movie.

Just great. My daughter (9) was completely with it the whole time, my son (6) had moments of "is that horse really hurt?" - but then watched as the horse got up. Emotional, great models for kids, the adults are smart but let the kids make some mistakes- a truly great family movie.
Adult Written bymabel2009 March 22, 2009

sweet horse movie!

Wonderful horse movie-will keep even little kids interested in the beauty of it while older children will be able to understand it & parents won't be bored! :) Great acting, great story!