All member reviews for Natural Born Killers

Bloody, violent, sexually explicit. Mature teens+.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byIronman1963 November 22, 2011

An intense movie with a good message

First off i would like to say that Natural Born Killers is a thought provoking and intelligent movie, but it is also extremely violent. You should know whether or not your kids are going to understand the message, if the point is missed than it is a movie that glorifies violence and serial killers.
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheAnonymous March 27, 2013

Definetely a NO

Gives you a sense of "dafuq did I just watch?" This is one of the worst movies I've seen. Some may argue that the plot is about our society and the media, but I find this to just be mindless killing that teens will enjoy just because shooting and sex are cool to the teens today. The message that he is trying to send out about our media is way too overdone and it comes to a point where you don't see the message anymore. I also think it's too easy to get the wrong idea from the movie, and that some may interpret it as killing is cool rather than the message that Stone was trying to send out. No teen should watch this. Content: Throughout the movie, there are a lot of sexual content, mindless shootings, etc. By the end it gets crazy to a point where there are scenes where a prison guard is put into an incinerator, hanged guards throughout the prison, blood everywhere, and a man's head on a stick.
Teen, 13 years old Written byE. Flores August 25, 2012

Amazing Film

This film has a positive message, but make shure a child who views this film understands that killing is wrong and should not be seen as a positive. Still it's a masterpiece and I highly recommend this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 10, 2009

A daring and interesting movie, but not for kids, period.

This movie has an interesting social commentary on the media, and it is a very entertaining and daring movie. That said, it's not good for any child or teen, myself included. The violence is brutal and extreme throughout, and is, hands down, the most explicit violence I've ever seen in a movie. (One scene on the director's cut even shows a man get decapitated and his head is impaled on a pole.) The violence is so shocking that I can't even describe much of it here. There's also swearing all the way through it, and some sexual scenes that, while not extremely explicit, are very disturbing. There's also some explicit drug use. One word could be used to describe this movie: sick. And that's exactly what the movie was aiming for, and exactly what makes it work. No kids should see this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWilliam C. February 1, 2011

Deffinitely worth watching ... It's a movie you have to scratch off your 'FILMS I HAVE TO SEE BEFORE I DIE LIST'

I watched this film just a few days ago,I wanted to watch it but my mum didn't let me until I was a bit older ,and now I am a bit older and I have seen it. Natural Born Killers was kind of a strange film,it's not the kind of film you would expect from Oliver Stone,but I don't think he was trying to make it look like a classy movie... He tried to make us noty forget that this is just a movie ,and it worked. I thought it was very intense especially at the end. The story was by Quentin Tarantino so ofcourse it was going to be a bit strange. there was a lot of swearing and lot of violence but I wouldn't keep my child from seeing until he was 17 because by the age of 13 - 14 you are already know all the swear words in the book and you know about sex,i mean the kids now a days are all swearing and talking about sex and having sex from an early age so there is no point in keeping a child from watching a film that contains those things...

Read the Review

A Beautiful Masterpeice "Sniff"
Adult Written bygrizmaster1981 January 23, 2012

Columbine

Whomever made this film and whatever the theme of it is lost in its glorification of murder
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMr. Boxbox September 23, 2009

Good for teens

Great film. Everybody talks about how extreme and violent this film is but when i saw it i was suprised that it was pretty tame.
Adult Written bysall311 April 9, 2008

I had to watch this for a film class... it was embarassing...

This movie should never been created. If you like this movie you are sick. It is LOOSLY based on Bonnie and Clyde, other than that, it is completely worthless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChris Crosby March 27, 2014

Natural Born Killers movie review and parents guide

Review This movie is strange but surprisingly good and it is really horrific and you have to tell yourself that this is just a movie and you will enjoy it more. It follows 2 traumatized individuals who fall in love and go on a killing spree in order to rid the world of evil people who is everyone that crosses their path. Their environment is always disturbing and oddly enough you find yourself cheering for the bad guy by the end of the movie. This movie is extremely fast paced and just so insane you have to love it. It is so bad that it is good making this movie a classic above any other. NOW THE PARENT Guide The language in this movie is pretty high and quite frequent. Not as much as Death Proof but still a lot. The violence in the movie is none stop but is over the top and not realistic sometimes even comical. Sexual content is pretty strong but not graphic. The sexually content happens back to back but how the movie is made if you blink you will miss it. The intense part of the movie is that Mickey and Mallory kill anyone for no reason. The movie does have a message behind it. That if the media keeps giving criminals attention they will continue their crimes
Teen, 16 years old Written byRustyShackleford February 14, 2014

Fantastic and thought-provoking satirical masterpiece

This 1994 movie was very controversial for its graphic violence that supposedly glamorizes killing so you impressionable people should not watch it. However if you are looking for a dark movie that will make you think this is one of the best. Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Oliver Stone this thrill ride has lots of surreal visuals and lots of shots at the media for making killers stars. People have always embraced and been fascinated by outlaws like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid and Bonnie and Clyde so this film naturally made people very uncomfortable and has since become a scapegoat for real life violence. The film is full of great performances from Woody Harrelson and Julliete Lewis as Mickey and Mallory, a couple who blaze across the country killing almost everyone they come across but always leaving someone to tell the tale. Robert Downey jr is the sensationalist reporter who turns the titular two into international celebrities, all the while becoming rich and famous for his work. The great Tommy Lee Jones is at his best here as the warden at the prison Mickey and Mallory eventually are held. Tarantino's writing is as sharp as ever, despite Oliver Stone editing to be more his style. Stone's direction is surreal and psychedelic. You think you see a lot more violence than you actually do as there are plenty of quick cuts and most of the more gruesome acts are off screen, though we do see much of the gory aftermath. As always in Oliver Stone's films there is plenty of swearing. There are a few sexual references and very brief sex scenes which shouldn't be much of a deal for teenagers to see. Overall, Natural Born Killers is Oliver Stone's second best movie,JFK being his best, and is a must see if you like crime movies that will make you think or are just looking for a surreal and violent thrill ride.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 1, 2012

awesome crime action thriller with a crazy finale

i saw this on netflix and i loved it, it has nonstop action and mayhem and lots of blood and gore, and the last 20 and a half minutes with the big riot and the big shoot em up prison break just flat out rocked lol, and also, I saw the uncut version and it is several times better than the theatrical one
Adult Written bykimberleyjade April 21, 2012

NBK

Brilliant, one of the best films around!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byMr. Luke September 15, 2010

Filthy but engaging movie

This movie is full of filth. I am an adult and I found it to be incredibly offensive. I watched it a long time ago but even then it was probably the worst movie I had seen. That being said, it was well made and really engaging. The story was great, and it was well filmed. The content is not at all appropriate for kids and teens.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byJenoi January 8, 2010

No Impressionable Youth should see this movie.

This is a great movie for a stable adult who could appreciate the satire. It's a statement about the glorification of violence in our society, made like a mock documentary, and to an impressionable youth it could indeed glorify murder & mayhem, as it makes it seem like tons of fun and cool.