All member reviews for Never Back Down

Bloody fight film has heart, but it's no champion.

Educator Written byaaronmichaellogan April 23, 2009

Nauseating

This movie glorified violence, plain and simple. The lesson to be learned (by teenage boys) was that the guy who delivers the bloodiest beating gets the respect, and the girl. Great message. I watched this movie with a group of about 20 teenage boys and they absolutely loved it. It made me nauseous.
Adult Written bySchulkman April 9, 2008

Do teenagers need more negative influences?

Even though this movie does have some redeeming value, I believe it is not appropriate for ages 13-15. It should have been rated R. I do not like the fact that my 13 year old daughter could go buy a ticket and see this "fight-club" movie. This movie contains girls fighting girls, girls fighting boys and boys fighting boys- sometimes to the extreme of sending someone to the hospital or kids passing out. The fight scenes are long and drawn out and the kids watching definately cheer the action on. They all want to see blood. It's sick. Note: there is a scene w/ 2 girls in a hot tub making out with each other. Also, numerous gratuitous shots of girls' breasts in a number of situations. Not a feel-good uplifting film! Definately one for the "boys".

BEWARE THE PG-13 RATING!!!

The violence-for-fun mentality of this movie was disturbing and NOT PG-13, the girls kissing in a hot tub covered only in bubbles with boys recording it wasn't PG-13 and the fixing-to-have-sex close-ups of the "teenage girl" lead's cleavage were not PG-13. The physical damage the good guy did to innocent men and not going to prison for it was VERY hard to explain to my son. NOT for children under 17. For adults, it had a pretty decent story. The way they managed to fill us in on the characters' back stories was quite clever and effective. The actors were, to me, unfamiliar and I was quite impressed with them all. All in all, I felt extremely uncomfortable having my 12 year old son, who can normally take just about anything. If you like crunching bones and severe gore for fun, this is the movie for you - not kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Sometimes boring, but overall pretty good...

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for some sports-related violence, brief language and sensuality.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavvyanna13 April 9, 2008

A great movie for all teens!!!

Omg i luved this movie and i didn't think that i would. I went to the theaters with my friends one night and didn't know if it was worth the price, but as i began to watch it totally was. There were some really hot guys and great fighting scenes. There were a couple of swear words but nothing above b--ch and many people have said that two girls make out in a hot tub that is tru but they show a backup shot for like 2 seconds, if youve seen others pg-13 then you have scene it before. the violence wasn't that bad for a fighting movie. all over i'd say 12+. Great movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bynorthcuttjj June 25, 2010
Some swearing and brief make out scene, but the real thing here is the violence. The thing about this movie that makes it violent is the fact that several of the violent acts are used on a helpless person. Ex: A guy who is trapped in a headlock gets pummled with elbow attacks until he submits
Teen, 14 years old Written byandy45 July 31, 2011

Jake FTW

True, Jake beat up the guys in the yellow hummer. In my opinion they deserved it. THEY called him a "tough guy" and "fa***t" to his face, so they deserved the fight. The message isn't "glorifying violence"!!!!! DID YOU WATCH THE MOVIE??? that's the POINT! the shield of Achilles! That's the pinnacle point of the movie, yet you still say it glorifies violence!!! did you notice the look Jake and the other guy share in the end? they have respect for each other. plain and simple. AMAZING movie. Really gets your blood pumping
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrooke Williams September 24, 2009
Never Back Down keeps you on the edge of your seat and has not one boring moment; it is a great movie for young adults, both male and female. The main character in this movie is new in town and has to prove he is worthy of being in his new location. He does this by defeating the bad boy in school in a UFC style fight. Although, it does not come easy for him, he trains hard to accomplish his goal. Like every fighting movie, there are a lot of punches being thrown, which should not be seen by younger viewers. In most, if not all movies, there are some romantic scenes. This movie has one particular scene of romance that might not be suitable for younger viewers. This movie does have a few scenes where the characters curse, which isn’t always necessary. I feel this movie could do without the cursing and be just as great. This movie teaches a great lesson, which is the title itself, Never Back Down from your dreams.
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2009
it just like karete kid
Teen, 17 years old Written byhahaha April 9, 2008

I loved this movie!!!

If you thought step up was good well let me just sau that was nothing bvest MOVIE EVERRRR!!!!! EVERYONE GO SEE IT.....ITS ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING MOVIE ITS Funny THRILLING AND ALLOT OF ACTION AND HOT GUYS AND HOTT GIRLS!!!! OMGGGGG!!!!!!! IT WAS BEST MOVIE EVER GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byAngel FBI Profiler March 31, 2011
this movie was awesome,so if your young and mature my advice WACTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymrjoe94 August 19, 2010
Good god people are sensitive here. If your son/daughter has seen a UFC fight on TV they've passed the test to see this movie. Also people mis-interpret the films plot. Someone gets beat up, kid wants to learn to defend himself from an MMA fighter, so he finds someone willing to train him. Fights guy at the end and wins. Sure it's a Karate Kid ripoff but its a good one. (in my opinion) The kid only fought in self-defense. (and the fact the Fighter would not stop beating up people until he fought him)
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009

Bloody Film

I like the movie but there is two girls making out in a hot tub, lots of cussing, and ALOOOOT of fighting. Bloody fighting.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008