All member reviews for Never Been Kissed

Sweet, romantic story for teens has some edgy scenes.

Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

Great for showing how "the other half" lived through high school

I really related to the main character. When I saw it for the first time, I remember thinking that all junior and high school students should see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 23, 2009

Really cute!

This is one of my all-time fave movies. (yeah, I know i say that alot, but this really is!) Josie is the perfect role model, not compromising any of her values to fit in. Rob too, when a girl (16) asks to sleep with him (23) he turns her down though thouroughly tempted. Yeah, there's a lot of sex in it (nothing totally explicit) My advice would be to watch it before your kids see it, and then watch it with them with your finger on the fast-forward and mute buttons.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

great movie

I liked it, except it has a few sexy parts so ages 11+ The bad stuff: A little sexy things and references, talk about kissing, and kissing. Some language. The good stuff: Positive role models and messages, for example, a character quits being part of the mean "popular clique" The movie: Good. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybooboobooboo January 10, 2011

Great!

Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS in my opinion

NOT FOR KIDS. It's a great film. But has a few sexual themes and a relationship between a girl and her teacher (even though she is legal). I would not let my kids watch this if I had any. It is geared towards teenagers
Adult Written bylive4tea April 9, 2008

My eleven year old is not ready to see teenagers putting condoms on bananas and obscene gestures, like suggestively licking pencils. Too bad, it could have been a cute movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHethurrr May 6, 2011

It's a great movie! Perfect movie for like sleepovers and fun girly stuff.(:
Teen, 17 years old Written bymeghan2011 February 5, 2010

Never Been Kissed is a funny movie that teaches a lesson about not judging someone before you know them. For me this is a movie I never get tired of watching. Drew Barrymore does a great job in this movie as she takes on two different lives one as a journalist and one as a high school student. In this movie Drew Barrymore plays both parts very well. This movie may need parental supervision because there is adult language and adult content used. It will keep you laughing and I love how the end of the movie keeps you on the edge of your seat. I think this movie is better than most romantic comedies because there is so many different things going on throughout the movie.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

Sweet

this movie was great i watched it when i was 10 and my heart drop i though it was the sweetest
Teen, 13 years old Written bykit.katz28 November 1, 2011

Awesome, but watch w/ your kid

Very cute and funny :) some flirting/ kissing, etc., but it was soooo good :) Definitely a movie to watch with your child, but I'd recommend it :)
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2010

Horrible Movie!

Ugh! It was a waste of time to watch! If you want a rom-com watch Breakfast at Tiffanys or Sabrina or anything else with Audrey Hepburn but Not this!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFutureCritic July 23, 2011

Blah

This movie was kind of blah. I own it, but I've only watched it once. In some parts, it's so pathetic you have to look away. I don't like those kinds of movies. It's really not worth seeing. Vanilla in a styrafoam cup.
Adult Written byDLJones3423 April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2011

TEACHES YOU A LOT OF THINGS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

Well my opinion is that this is a movie that could teach you things letting you know if you like math or something that doesn't mean you are a nerd ETC...but this is the kind of movie where in you can keep on watching it and never get tired of it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivvy314 February 6, 2011

GREAT MOVIE.

such a good movie! cute, sweet, funny, charming, witty, what else could you ask for? drew barrymore is amazing (obviously, when is she not?) along with the other cast members. the story is original and sweet. the outcome is kind of predictable, but it doesn't really happen the way you would think it would. It's an overall sweet and funny movie (: great for girls night!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhaneelynegeronimo April 3, 2011

Parent of a 13 year old Written bydelilahv June 3, 2009

kljkujkoujo

its a good movie
Adult Written byilovegodsomuch July 29, 2011

Never Been Cuter

This is a wonderful love story! I mean, the title itself makes it appropriate for teens. "Never Been Kissed" implies that a girl can become a women without kissing boys and still find true love eventually. Thats a strong and overlooked message. The movie confronts defeat, being a geek, and reinventing oneself. All of which are incredibly relevant topics to any teenager! Not to mention Drew Barrymore is adorable and an excellent role-model.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2010

Good and Awesomely Awesome Movie

A good, sweet, and clever movie.