Sweet, romantic story for teens has some edgy scenes.

Parent Written byglanderson June 21, 2013

NEVER BEEN KISSED is NOT FOR KIDS.

This is the first time Common Sense Media has really let us down. NEVER BEEN KISSED was included in the Best Sleepover Movie category for 12-year olds, so we were horrified when there was a condom demonstration and a lot of references to casual sex. This is absolutely not appropriate for 12-year olds, not even close. We eventually turned it off, something we have never done before with any movie based on Common Sense Media ratings.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

Well....

Drew Barrymore is a great actress in Never Been Kissed is playing a new reporter needs to have a good story about something that will sell it depends on her job and company.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS in my opinion

NOT FOR KIDS. It's a great film. But has a few sexual themes and a relationship between a girl and her teacher (even though she is legal). I would not let my kids watch this if I had any. It is geared towards teenagers
Adult Written byilovegodsomuch July 29, 2011

Never Been Cuter

This is a wonderful love story! I mean, the title itself makes it appropriate for teens. "Never Been Kissed" implies that a girl can become a women without kissing boys and still find true love eventually. Thats a strong and overlooked message. The movie confronts defeat, being a geek, and reinventing oneself. All of which are incredibly relevant topics to any teenager! Not to mention Drew Barrymore is adorable and an excellent role-model.
Kid, 7 years old June 13, 2010
well it is going to be on teennick
Adult Written bywonder dove December 27, 2012

Best 90's teen comedy!

Another awesome '90's teen comedy! This movie never gets old. Drew Barrymore is extremely likable, hilarious and her acting is spot-on! She plays a sweet down-to-earth 25 year old named Josie who works for the Chicago Sun Times. She's assigned a project to become 17 again and must go back to high school and report how teenagers live, what they think, where they go and what they do. It's not an easy task for her because her entire high school year was humiliating where she was extremely unpopular and disliked by many - including her ultimate crush who played a very mean prank on her around prom which is difficult for her to let go of. It's very touching and sad. But proving herself as a reporter is more important. After failing most of her assignment due to not being excepted by the "cool kids" once again, her younger brother Rob (who is easily liked by everyone) steps in and helps her out - he becomes a high school student too and joins the baseball team where in no time he becomes one of the most popular guys. Since he's "friends" with Josie, he recruits her into the cool crowd where she is finally accepted. She then gets to re-live her past while falling in love with her teacher. There's no violence, some sexual content like a funny sex-talk class, putting condoms on bananas (we actually did that in school too!) a teen/teacher crush, a school girl wants to sleep with Rob but gets rejected, kissing & flirting. Language is very mild. Great fun for 13++ and also has some very positive messages as Josie tells some ditzy high school girls what to expect in life and how important it is to be yourself, she also defends another nerd. I give it an easy 5 stars!
Parent Written byKatelil101 May 27, 2016

Totally toddler appropriate

Watched it with my 6&7 year old they loved thought it taught Grat lessons absolutely inspiring
Parent of a 17 year old Written byhaneelynegeronimo April 3, 2011
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybooboobooboo January 10, 2011

Great!

Parent of a 13 year old Written bydelilahv June 3, 2009

kljkujkoujo

its a good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylor_t June 1, 2009

think twice

This movie seems like an appropriate movie for 13 year olds to teach them what to do in there sex life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. May 12, 2009

Funny yet sexual

This movie is very funny a sweet but can get somewhat sexual
Adult Written byDLJones3423 April 9, 2008