All member reviews for New in Town

Formulaic romantic comedy has mostly mild content.

Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

average and a little funny

its worth checking out but you probably wont watch it again. not as innapropriate as people think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 5, 2010

Okay

It's okay...not really worth-seeing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 31, 2010

New In Town was in MY TOWN!

Honestly, I wouldn't have watched this movie if it wasn't filmed in my VERY OWN NEIGHBOURHOOD! Oh, and I don't live in Minnesota, I live in Manitoba, and they filmed this movie in Winnipeg, a couple of streets away from my house! Yes, you can see my neighbours houses in the movie, which is pretty cool! It was an okay story, with a little bit of heartwarming diologue thrown in for good measure, but I think it was more exciting to watch with friends and neighbours, screaming when we recognized something.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightluver16 February 2, 2010

Love it!

I loved this movie. Me and my mom watched it and we laughed the whole movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2009

Surprising Language for "PG"

I myself think this probably should've stayed PG-13 (it was rerated to PG), but I loved this movie! It's a good family movie. Lots of funny moments, an only one very quick instance of blood. I was surprised this still got PG due to the amount of cursing. But I love it and you should see it.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2009

Well.....................

New In Town was a very ok movie! The message was not very good! But great potential! They referr to nipples and thong! Not a very good....... well go see it for yourself
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovie madness March 10, 2011
this is a great movie for the hole family! The movie follows a verry seious bussness women from the city who movies to a samll town in wisconson to manage a company. while there she finds out 1st hand how diferent it is to live in a small town and about the importance of friends family and careing about people! the movie is very funny and has a good message!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 27, 2009

OH MY GOSH! PG???????

This movie totally deserved a PG-13 rating.
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 17, 2009

Don't take your kids

PG? More like PG-13
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCaleb_Mitchell May 28, 2009

Good movie; don't take the kids.

NiT was a very cute movie that was funny & enjoyable, if simple, but it had some issues. For starters, I think this definitely should have been a PG-13 movie. Between more recent PG films like this & Bride Wars, I really think the movie ratings association has lowered their standards for todays PG movies. They're becoming more & more filled with inappropriate material that should merit them an PG-13 rating. For instance: this movie included references to a woman wearing a thong. Also for like a good 10 minutes Renee Z.'s nipples are visible through her shirt (it is implied that she is cold). While scenes like this one were highly amusing, I also think they're a bit too crude for a PG film. There was also a pretty heavy make-out scene, though it was interrupted, & there was a comment about how a girl can't tell whether a man with a lazy eye is looking at her or her breasts. There was also a lot of alcohol content, which I don't think sends good messages to younger kids. In one scene, Renee Z.'s character gets trapped in her car in a snowdrift & to stay warm she downs nearly a whole bottle of wine & is insanely drunk by the time she is rescued. There were also many other various scenes of people with liquor, as well as several bar scenes (Renee's character also becomes the butt of a drinking game joke). However, I think the main thing that concerned me about NiT was the language. I was appalled with the language. A**, a-hole, & dumb a** were used several times, as were h*ll & d*mn. Sh*t was also used a couple of times, which was the main thing I was shocked about. B*tch was used several times & mother F was used once though it was cut off; Renee screams "MOTHERF--!!" then the door she just walked out of slams cutting the rest of it off. In one scene a man starts to say what sounds like godd*mn but changes it to goddang. Overall, it was a very good movie with a lot of heart & laughs, I just wouldn't take the kiddos to go see it.