Respectful adaptation of rich Dickens novel.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjlsa October 30, 2009

Good for older teens but violent for tweens

A great story and fantastic acting!!!! The movie as a whole was fantastic but there were many child abuse scenes and sad deaths of characters. Not very graphic at all but sometimes hard to watch.
Adult Written bykellyrosenberg April 9, 2008

Great for preteens and up--filled with good values

I and my family loved this movie. Aside from great acting and cinematography, it was a beautiful expression of the values I hold most dear--integrity, family loyalty, forgiveness. It also manages to be quite funny. The child-abuse scenes are scary, though, as is the non-graphic suicide scene, so it is for tough preteens--but a great pick for teens. Also loved the music! Nothing to dislike about this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJaneEyre<3 June 9, 2011

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

This movie was amazing, and I think it is a very faithful adaption of the book(I've read the book),considering the book is about 800 pages long,and they had to edit it down to 2 hours. All the cast did a great job, my favorite was Smike(acted by Jamie Bell!) and the Squeers. It might be rather intense for younger people because there is some cruelty and abuse to children,but it depends on what you can handle. The men associated with Ralph are very rude to Kate, and that might be a little disturbing. But watch it! If you like period drama and Charles Dickens,that is.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 April 15, 2009

A wonderful movie!

A heartwarming tale from Charles Dickens. The only things that need be concerned about is the violence and innuendo. The innuendo consists of an old man trying to seduce a young woman, many times. However, this is not graphic and the woman refuses every time, there is also a childbirth scene. The violence shows the way they treated young boys in boarding schools. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time!