Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Fun, fast-paced sequel is more upbeat than the original.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

Parent of a 8, 9, 11, and 13 year old Written byAge approved dad December 22, 2014

Night at the muesum: Battle of the smithstone

Adult Written byJEDI micah April 23, 2012

JUST AS GOOD AS THE FIRST!!!

I am a fan of the first movie, and when I heard about a sequel, I was a little worried about the story of the second movie. But when I saw it, I thought it was as good as the first one! In fact, I think that this movie has better special effects than the first! Parents, if your kids are a fan of the first movie, they will probably find this movie as good as the first, maybe even better!

Adult Written byoweing September 4, 2011

Gotta Love it

If you like Ben Stiller you will love this. The dialog is witty and fast paced in the right areas with many great slapstick like moments thrown in. I loved how the writers took advantage of weaving in a lot historical characters - these aren't real rubies and "a little advice here: simplify..."
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymy favorites movies February 20, 2011
love it because, it gives me a chance to let my child to have a chance to watch something that she can just relax.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byLeon780 November 29, 2010

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Its the most funniest movie ive ever seen

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010

good kids movie,nothing harsh

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byAimeeblue June 13, 2010
Parent Written byLDSWarrior March 19, 2010

Good Movie, Bad Mouth.

The story line went well, There were a few parts that were educational, I enjoyed the small tidbits of history embedded in the movie. It was a creative scene to see different war leaders personalties re-enacted, and fit together in "teams" of good and bad. The movie was also much less violent then it could have been, The message of fighting for something, and friendship was uplifting and true to good morals. I was turned off by the repetitive use of "oh my God" by the Pharaoh during a dispute with Ben Stiller. He honestly used the phrase a good 6 -9 times, making me cringe and want to turn it off. Although comical, I believe the dispute between a Museum Guard and Ben Stiller was a little mean. Language that, although happens, I do not want my kids re-enacting to one another. Bottom Line: Don't watch it if you are worried about your children. If the things I mentioned don't bother you, it is a great movie; educational, humorous and standing for good morals.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion December 27, 2009

Funny, Amusing, and Silly

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 is a movie-going guilty pleasure. It is so funny and enjoyable, but so stupid and nonsensical that you feel weird for liking it so much. The script is full of holes, and sentimental dialogue cuts action sequences neatly in half (resulting in uneven pacing). There are plenty of groan-worthy "believe-in-yourself" moments, and, let's face it...who believes that Ben Stiller can understand the Capuchin language? Still, there are many, many moments in the film that are so effortlessly appealing that you can't help but beam and laugh. Amy Adams is perfect as Amelia Earhart, with her gutsy persona, 1920-isms, and charismatic grin. There are also several clever moments to remember: a troop of bobblehead Einsteins, General Custer discussing comically flawed battle plans, Honest Abe Lincoln (from the Lincoln Memorial) delivering famous quotes left and right at all characters, and a tiny Octavius being dragged through the grass by a squirrel. This is a good family movie for kids who won't ask too many questons. Adults will be able to see right through the cheesy plot and its holes, but will doubtless be amused and charmed, as I was. Plus, there is little objectionable content. There are two "d**n"s, and a couple of scenes that could be scary for kids, but aren't violent. All the main characters (except the four main villains) are exceptional role models who promote teamwork, friendship, and doing what you believe in.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bywa1107 December 11, 2009

fun to watch.

I enjoyed the movie.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byCaredad December 10, 2009

A fun family flick

Mild language - a few uses of d***. Full of action. I could not stop laughing the first time I saw it - so, great for adults as well, but I have to admit it wasn't as funny for me the second time I rented it. Lots of creative sight gags and things that keep the movie full of action and playful twists. Imaginative CGI work.

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byMangoFlamingo December 6, 2009

not a great movie, but the kids would like it ok...RENT!

I'm sure kids would like this movie well enough. I found it to be funny in parts, but I got those from the trailer anyways. I'm glad I didn't buy it as I was planning on, it's just not that good. I'm sure my kids would like it well enough however I limit their movie/tv time and I don't think this movie is "quality" enough to take up their time!
Adult Written byMovie Man December 6, 2009

Fun for the Whole Family, but Nothing Else.

This is a good movie, but nothing hugely special. I laughed a couple of times and PARENTS, there's nothing really to worry about here. there's a lot of action but no gore. Thanks for reading - Movie Man.

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bylightandlife November 12, 2009

Wonderful family movie!

Loved this movie! It was even better than the first one! Loved the history, the characters, and it was just plain hilarious. :)
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

good and funny for family 9 and over

good movie for family and kids 9 and over better then first
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug July 12, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Ok, so this is a movie my 9-year-old loved, but...not me. Good historical information, however, I don't approve of the following: 1. Amelia Earhart slapping the main character 2. The monkey slapping scene where the main character slaps the monkies (same as 1st movie) 3. The characters saying "I'm going to kill you", "I'm going to kill your friends", "Kill them!", etc. and also the word "murder". 4. The long overly passionate kiss 5. And words like "stupid", dum-dum to name a couple. 6. The main character stealing the badge after man-handling the security guard. What is the need to put all this in the movie? It would have been fine without it.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byDiamond98 July 3, 2009

Good movie

The movie has a strong, positive message about being true to yourself and doing what you love in order to be happy. Larry and his friends are frequently chased and threatened. Some flirting, a few kisses. Language such as dammit, suck, fanny, stupid, Oh my God andd shut up are used mildly. Walmart is mentioned by name a few times.

Adult Written byTripleL July 2, 2009

Adult Written byrussell-benoit June 28, 2009

Fun, family movie...just plain entertaining.

Just went with a 10, 11, and 12 year old boy. We all liked it, laughed out loud. Bad guy gets his come-uppance at the end, and there is a great happy ending.