All member reviews for Night at the Museum

Cute adventure; OK for tweens, but a little scary for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypopcornlove July 24, 2010
One of my favorites, the original night at the museum is much better than the first. While learning some random facts about history, you'll also be laughing till you cry as Lary interacts with all of the fun characters, (especially Jed and Octavious.) Some language might be a little inappropriate for the very little kids and there is some crude humour involving a slap fight with a monkey, but overall is a fun family film.
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug July 11, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I did not at all approve of the main character slapping the monkey.
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written byproverbs226mom June 5, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written byJha80000 October 31, 2009

A really smart Movie

I really loved this movie i think that the idea the that museum coming to life seems really cool. for my end of the year field trip we saw the secend
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 14, 2010

Great movie, iffy for ages 8-10.

This movie was great, I just finished watching it a couple minutes ago (from the time I posted this review). In terms of violence, there's a fair amount of action, but it's mainly comic. My main concern is the language. There's some mild name calling, but my main concern out of the language is when someone says "Don't be an a**-kiss". Little kids don't need to hear that kind of language. I rate this movie iffy for ages 8-10.
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is truly funny. It has farly clean humor, and it does have education in it also. It is really good, and Ben Stiller is really funny. He also has to act like something was there and there wasn't anything. That makes it really impressive. An amazing movie!
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2009

great movie

It is a hilarios movie with lots of action!
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

Great effects but sometimes scary

Learning:Kids might pickup a few facts about the historical characters. Messages:A good message about going after your dreams but some potty humor. Role models:At first Larry(Ben Stiller) is an iffy role model.But he does become a role model at the end. Scary scenes:Although not PG-13 level violence there is some scary scenes. Swearing:Sometimes audible words like kiss a word and the d word and more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 27, 2012

Adventurous and weird film, good for kids

MOVIE INFO: There are some memorable funny scenes, but the whole movie feels like it is repeating itself over and over again. The monkey slapping scene was so annoying and I desperately wanted the film to be over immediately. VIOLENCE: Low. Some action and chases. No graphical/bloody scenes. LANGUAGE: Very low. Very occasional swearing: s--t. SEX: None.
Parent Written byLauren67 February 12, 2011

good

its great my kids loved it
Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2010

Love it!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byemiliedee November 15, 2009

Great for older kids, and even some 4 or 5 yr olds

My 4 1/2 daughter really loved this movie and has watched it many times but I'm sure she doesn't get all of it. But she doesn't find any of the parts she doesn't get overly scary or disturbing and there's lots she finds funny.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2009

I love it so much!

Loved it! :)
Adult Written bymollynirish May 1, 2009

BOND TRADER AS JOB SECURITY? HA LOL

Why is the father faced with the "get a better job or lose your son," question? Because the mom is engaged to a "bond trader?" How does that sound now?
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviereviewer April 9, 2008
Parent of a 5, 8, and 12 year old Written bybeckyhall April 9, 2008

Hilarious!!

I laughed out loud! We took my son, turning 11, and a bunch of friends for his birthday. We also took our 7 year old and 4 year old, and we ALL loved it. The T-rex and Attila the Hun are a tiny bit scary at first, but as soon as their flaws and secrets are revealed (quickly after their introduction), they are truly fun. The message is great, too! Much better than the review I read.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2015

slightly lacks excitement for any age

suprisingly not a must see but very detailed with weird humour. 7 and under should be accompanied by an adult. theres a scene where mummies come to life and look creepy and its towering servants try to destroy everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak September 18, 2009

A pretty funny movie!!!

This movie is a pretty funny movie. There is comic action,and brief language. There are mostly insults,but there is only one bad word in this movie. This movie is appropriate for all kids ages 7-8+. I recommend this movie to kids who like family comedies, history movies, and Ben Stiller and his funny movies.