All teen and kid member reviews for Night of the Living Dead

Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2011

I saw it when I was 10 and had nightmares for weeks

It's a perfectly good movie but it is very, very, very scary and quite gory. You won't regret giving it a miss
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap August 8, 2009

Genius Film

This film, about the breakout of a virus from space, is genius. The main characters are boarded up in a house, and they slowly turn against each other. It's done well, and the flesh eating monsters only help out the movie.
Kid, 12 years old October 17, 2014

this is stoooopid -_-

iffy for 16-17? yes, its a bit violent, but hey. its a movie about living dead, so what would you expect? its hardly realistic, and when the ghouls (aka word used before zombies) eat parts of people, it looks more like fried chicken, or a torn leather glove. Its classic, but not as good compared to other films. FYI the ending is messed up. if you let your kids watch violent stuff, let them watch the walking dead. I'm not aloud to watch it, but I know its better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEPGDrake February 14, 2014

One of my favorite movies!

This was the first horror movie I ever saw. I was in 3rd grade at the time (I was 8), and I honestly wasn't that scared by it (other than a pop-up scare here or there). And to be honest, I was a complete baby when it came to horror movies. This movie has some good characters and bad ones. Like any good zombie film, it shows the characters having to make tough decisions regarding the zombies and each other. The violence is occasionally graphic, but it never gets the same level as The Walking Dead or Evil Dead (gosh, what is it with the word dead being in the title of every zombie-related thing?) There is no sexual content, and I can only think of one h-word in the entire film (then again, I have a bad memory, so there may be more that I can't remember). The film has an excellent strong female and black role. The black man is one of my favorite movie characters of all time. He does an excellent job with his role. The only real problem a child could have with this are some occasionally disturbing visuals and a very grim ending. I would say NotLD is one of the greatest films of all time and could be viewed by a mature 10-year-old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 February 8, 2014

flawed but a classic

a horror classic the one zombie movie that has influence to this day walking dead call of duty nazi zombies left 4 dead resident evil all owe tribute to this movie and the sequel dawn of the dead just a must see
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 20, 2014

Fun old classic horror movie

Awesome horror classic. Even if you're afraid of zombies, this film shouldn't even scare you. Language is mild, the violence isn't as bad as most films nowadays, but was a little gory for back then. As for inappropriateness, a nude zombie is shown from the back. That's about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnorfarthing99 August 8, 2013

Old

Because it is old, this movie is cheesy and has bad make-up, however it still isn't terrible but the zombies are really bad and Ben contradicts himself throughout the movie. The violence isn't very often or too strong (partially because it is shot in black and white) and the worst word is "b*****d" and that is only said once.
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2013

NIGHT OF THE LIVING BOREDOM

really poor, I was expecting a lot more from this, I was really disappointed and didn't find it scary at all, nothing a 9 year old cant handle
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2013

Decent zombie movie, better than others

Classic zombie movie has very little gore and blood. still, not for youngsters
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag February 4, 2013

The mother of all zombie movies has some gory violence.

"Night of the Living Dead" is a horror film by George A. Romero released in 1968. ----------------------------- Back when it was released, "Night of the Livind Dead" was way ahead of its time. Not only because of its then extreme violence, but also because of its effort in tension and suspense. Though the movie was made with very little budget, it is surprisingly well made in athmosphere and thrills. Fortunately, it does not try to explain the situation, but instead depicts what would really count in such a situation: life will. The protagonists try to survive, and survive only. It fascinates much more seeing the protagonists trying to stay alive, locked away in a small house than watching the modern splatter fests nowadays. Sure, if you are into gory splatter flicks, it is not unlikely this movie will be too tame for you, but note it was made in the 1960s, and is one of the grizzliest movies of that era. (SUGGESTION: watch the black/white version in order to get a good athmosphere) ------------------------------------ (SPOILERS may follow:) If you consider it a 60's movie, the violence is extreme. If you consider it a zombie movie, the violence is tame and infrequent. Note that there is both a black/white version, and a colored version. I only watched the black/white version and i suggest you to do the same. In the opening scene, a zombie attacks a woman, who escapes but instead the zombie kills her brother by bashing his head against a grave. In a jump scene, we see a corpse, whose flesh was eaten off of its face. It looks like a gooey skeleton with eyeballs. A zombie is drilled into its brain with a metal stick (partly off-screen, we see the results). We see zombies feasting upon two dead bodies in a car, which exploded earlier in the movie. There are bloody bones, chunks of flesh and even some viscera. In the end all of the protagonists are killed. One man is shot by another. A young girl which was sick throughout a movie, dies and becomes a zombie, killing her mother with a spatula-like object in a way similar to the shower scene in "Psycho" (we never see the impact, but the object going up and down and some blood on the walls). The man who was shot falls down the stairs and has his arm ripped out by the young zombie girl. He then becomes a zombie himself and gets shot. A girl is torn out of the house, leaving her fate unknown, but it is pretty much clear she dies. The last one remaining is shot because he is mistaken as a zombie. Several zombies get shot, sometimes with bloody results, but it is not much. Note that the zombies don't look like zombies seen in horror movies nowadays, but rather human. Mature viewers 14 and up should handle the movie, since it is not as violent as nowadays movies. Also note that this review and suggested age restriction is about the BLACK/WHITE version of the movie. I have not seen the colored version (and I don't want to), but I bet that the color makes scenes such as the feasting scene much harder to watch, so make sure which version you are about to watch! Suggested rating: R for some gory violence (bordering on a PG-13)
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2012

I've always loved this

great horror classic
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

to judged

people say this is such a violent movie but nowadays i see more violent things on cartoon network. if you have a nine year old they are just fine watching this
Teen, 15 years old Written byhusker97 April 6, 2012

idk y common sense gave this iffy for 16

absolutely nothing bad in this movie, little creepy but nothing bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Person Guy January 2, 2012

NOTLD

This movie is good but VERY SCARY AND GORY. Some blood is shown where zombies are killed. The worst parts are a human being stabbed repeatedly with tons of blood, and zombies eating human body parts. One zombie is naked (seen from the back) and their makeup can look very gross. Little language, some smoking. I stress that this movie is SCARY. I saw it at 15 and I was very scared, mainly within the first 10 minutes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 11, 2011

Its in black and white.Recommend to all ages.

This is an instant classic.Without a doubt ,one of the best zombie movies in history.The ending is awesome (MAJOR SPOILER) Ben,one of the characters of the movie gets mistaken for a ghoul and Shot in the head then he is Cremated on a burning pyre really great story the violence don't worry about it it's all in black and white
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

Really creepy but disturbing

I think it'd be on 10+ if it wasn't so gross. I liked it and there was no sex or language so if you don't get grossed out or creeped out easily than you'd love it! But this is a scary movie and, in reality, it's nothing compared to other scary movies.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2011

AWESOME AND MORE AWESOME

I saw it when I was 4 along with Halloween, Frankenstein, and Dracula series. This movie's just kinda insane and your kids might cry. They MIGHT! I didn't I'm just guessing. It's so good that I'm reading the book about how they made it. This was the seed for my filmmaking career.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylitlbuddie July 19, 2011

A classic

It was a lot less violent than other movies that are rated pg-13 these days, and it was not scary, only a bit B&W bloody
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake July 6, 2011

A truely great and terrifying classic.

It was a very good movie with plenty of disturbing scenes and scary zombies. There was no swearing or sexual content. Just voilence, gore, and terrifying zombies. You should see this classic, it is great.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 1, 2011

B&W horror film is not rated; probably R back then, most likely PG-13 nowadays.

My rating: PG-13 for images of zombie horror violence and some gore. [NOTE: In 2011, there is probably one factor that might make it R rated, which is the scene in which the undead are eating the intestines of the humans they have killed. It's not graphic, of course, and it's in black and white, of course, but it's gross.]