All member reviews for Nim's Island

Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2010

Good for anyone 6 and up for sure.

LOVE IT! I would not say its the best but if was very well done. I think kids of all ages ^ and up could defiantly see it.
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2009

Nim's Island was okay.

This movie was not scary for me. I saw it when I was eight. My family liked it but I thought it wass okay. So I thought that I should give it a three. When Nim injured he knee and puss started coming out I thought that that was gross. I say 8+ because I saw all the other reviews and saw that kids 7- got frightned.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

Great movie!!!

I absolutly LOVE this movie.The acting is great as well as the scripts! This movie is right up there withRio,Alpha & Omega,Kung Fu Panda 2,Shrek 2,and Cars 2 in the hall of fame!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEragonopotter July 20, 2011

Just fine?

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 May 8, 2011

Kids'll like it

It was okay. But I liked Abigail Breslin. She's a good actress. They're aren't much concerns here, although Nim's dad gets lost in overseas, and it seems as if he drowns at one point
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 6, 2011

Crappy.

I thought this movie was pretty good... until the ending. The ending didn't make sense in any way and I wish this movie never came. I've never read the book and now I'm grateful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori February 19, 2011

Great Movie, A Little Scary.

It's not a bad movie, I quite liked it. Had a good plot and had enough scary moments to keep anybody into it. I really really liked it. I'd say 8 and up because it's a little frightening at times.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

Nim's Island: What Parents Should Know

This movie contains a girl and her father living on a deserted island. Nim's father leaves and Nim is alone during a hurricane which might scare kids. Nim's father is also suffering alone at sea. Be awear at one point, Nim takes a fall and gets a gross bloody cut on her knee. Later a disterbed OCD crazy lady comes to save her. When Nim thinks all is lost she eventually realizes the true meaning of family. Also, cute animals :)
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2015

fun and energetic storyline yet strong language

a great family movie with some very clear and heavy cleavage and some strong language like shut up, freakin and more.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2014

It's good. Some action and intense scenes.
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2014

Great Film!

Nim's Island is a great movie for kids five and up. Sensitive kids may be scared by a very intense scene were Nim falls off a volcano and gets a bloody cut on her knee.But otherwise it is a great film with very funny scenes with Jody Foster.
Kid, 7 years old July 24, 2013

Fun

This movie was very good though it had some scary parts and some violence (the girl gets hurt). Some parts will make you giggle. Everyone lives even though it looks like they'll be hurt. It has a happy ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 16, 2013

not the best movie...

it was ok
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbe1998 May 11, 2013

Good family movie. Some mild suggestive stuff

A good movie for ages 7+. Violence 2/10: There is hardly any violence at all, and whatever violence there is is extremely mild. There is one scene, however, where the main character, Nim, gets a nasty, bloody scrape on her leg after falling from a rocky mountain. That may scare some kids who are under 7. It's pretty hard to look at to be honest! Language 2/10: I recall hearing only 1 "h" word, and God's name is used in vain a few times. Suggestive stuff 4/10: A large-chested woman is in a bathing suit, showing a lot of cleavage. You may want to cover your kid's eyes on that part because it's pretty distracting. Overalla good movie, but watch out for some stuff.
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2013

Great Film

really good film, I really enjoyed it, all children 5 and up would enjoy it (I Think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) there were scary parts like sharks (only saw fins) volcano, blood etc but not over exaggerated or too scary, also storms, and main character's dad got lost at sea in a storm with sharks circling (scariest bit).My little sister (5) was fine with it.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011

good movie

i love the move the bad Language Bloody
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 16, 2011

i loved the movie. i thought it was really good. its not scary.
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2010

Loved it

Kid, 8 years old August 21, 2010

BOO!!!

All I have to say, saddest, scariest movie ever (Mom and all that blood)