Book-based tropical adventure is good family fun.

Adult Written bymyinbox4u April 9, 2008

Enjoyable!!

My husband and I took my 8 year old son and his friend who is 9 and we all enjoyed this movie. It had a lot of action and it was cute to see how Nim was with the animals. We thought the part that Jodie Foster played was a funny twist to the movie.
Adult Written bywonder dove April 3, 2013

Excellent fun for all!

This is a great little flick. Children will love the adventure and animals throughout. Nim is a little girl who has lived on a beautiful tropical island with her dad since she was born. She has animal friends of all species, types and sizes. Her dad is a scientist who has arranged a way to get phone & internet access. When he goes off on a boat trip for a couple of days and leaves Nim alone, a nasty storm approaches and he winds up stuck out in the middle of the ocean. Meanwhile, Nim is worried and believes that the one person who can help her is the one who inspires her most, a writer named Alex Rover (Jodie Foster). When Alex, who has an extreme phobia of the outdoors, receives her message - she is forced to crack out of her shell and begin a journey she is most terrified of - but with the help of her imaginary friend, she eventually gets out there to find Nim. There is plenty of adventure and fantasy going on in this story. The language is not a concern at all. Violence is not bad, mostly frightening sequences like heavy storms, some weapons shown and used in a non-scary way, shark scares but none shown. Great messages throughout of overcoming fears, helping out others and looking out for each other. Nim is a terrific role model! Suited for ages 7 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 6, 2011

Crappy.

I thought this movie was pretty good... until the ending. The ending didn't make sense in any way and I wish this movie never came. I've never read the book and now I'm grateful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori February 19, 2011

Great Movie, A Little Scary.

It's not a bad movie, I quite liked it. Had a good plot and had enough scary moments to keep anybody into it. I really really liked it. I'd say 8 and up because it's a little frightening at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEragonopotter July 20, 2011

Just fine?

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 16, 2011
i loved the movie. i thought it was really good. its not scary.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

Nim's Island: What Parents Should Know

This movie contains a girl and her father living on a deserted island. Nim's father leaves and Nim is alone during a hurricane which might scare kids. Nim's father is also suffering alone at sea. Be awear at one point, Nim takes a fall and gets a gross bloody cut on her knee. Later a disterbed OCD crazy lady comes to save her. When Nim thinks all is lost she eventually realizes the true meaning of family. Also, cute animals :)
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2014
It's good. Some action and intense scenes.
Kid, 8 years old August 21, 2010

BOO!!!

All I have to say, saddest, scariest movie ever (Mom and all that blood)
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2015

fun and energetic storyline yet strong language

a great family movie with some very clear and heavy cleavage and some strong language like shut up, freakin and more.
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2013

Great Film

really good film, I really enjoyed it, all children 5 and up would enjoy it (I Think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) there were scary parts like sharks (only saw fins) volcano, blood etc but not over exaggerated or too scary, also storms, and main character's dad got lost at sea in a storm with sharks circling (scariest bit).My little sister (5) was fine with it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

Great movie!!!

I absolutly LOVE this movie.The acting is great as well as the scripts! This movie is right up there withRio,Alpha & Omega,Kung Fu Panda 2,Shrek 2,and Cars 2 in the hall of fame!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 May 8, 2011

Kids'll like it

It was okay. But I liked Abigail Breslin. She's a good actress. They're aren't much concerns here, although Nim's dad gets lost in overseas, and it seems as if he drowns at one point
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Kid, 9 years old May 13, 2016

Great Movie!

This movie is a great family adventure movie. I recommend it because it is not slow-moving and cannot get boring easily. It is appropriate for pretty much anyone of any age except for little kids that can get scared very easily. I found the movie exciting because there were some funny parts like when a bunch of lizards got catapulted into the crowd of tourists. Nim was a great role model in the movie because she defended her island and was very brave. This movie also sent out good messages. For example, by the end of the movie, Nim learned to believe in herself. Overall, this is a very good movie and I highly recommend it.
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2014

Great Film!

Nim's Island is a great movie for kids five and up. Sensitive kids may be scared by a very intense scene were Nim falls off a volcano and gets a bloody cut on her knee.But otherwise it is a great film with very funny scenes with Jody Foster.
Kid, 7 years old July 24, 2013

Fun

This movie was very good though it had some scary parts and some violence (the girl gets hurt). Some parts will make you giggle. Everyone lives even though it looks like they'll be hurt. It has a happy ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 16, 2013

not the best movie...

it was ok
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbe1998 May 11, 2013

Good family movie. Some mild suggestive stuff

A good movie for ages 7+. Violence 2/10: There is hardly any violence at all, and whatever violence there is is extremely mild. There is one scene, however, where the main character, Nim, gets a nasty, bloody scrape on her leg after falling from a rocky mountain. That may scare some kids who are under 7. It's pretty hard to look at to be honest! Language 2/10: I recall hearing only 1 "h" word, and God's name is used in vain a few times. Suggestive stuff 4/10: A large-chested woman is in a bathing suit, showing a lot of cleavage. You may want to cover your kid's eyes on that part because it's pretty distracting. Overalla good movie, but watch out for some stuff.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011