All member reviews for No Country for Old Men

Teen, 14 years old Written byleahxo August 15, 2011

Spoiler Alert:

Despite the fact my father hated the ending, I think it was perfect. Who needs happy endings?
Teen, 13 years old Written bygodawgs56 August 18, 2009

Probaly one of the top 10 movies ever made! Best Action Movie Ever!
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

best movie so awesome

:) AWESOME
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

How dare they.

How dare common sense media give the coen brothers masterpiece 4/5 stars. I'll say it out right now, it deserves 6/5. Let me explain why it should be recognized as one of the best films ever made. A misconception about the film is that josh bro lines character, (the one who finds the satchel) is the main character. That is untrue. Actually, tommy lee jones character of the policeman/sherif is, and he is reminiscing on the event. This is explained in the last shot of the film, I'll get to that later. He is talking to his wife about this crime committed and how he dreamed of the olden days where people weren't so obsessed with money or would do the horrible things ALL of the characters do, hence the title "no country for old men". Another misconception was how there was "no ending". The point is tommy lee jones realizing that this day and age is "no country for old men". He explains all of this in the last line of the movie, "and then I woke up". Now to the actual film review. The coen brothers made a brilliant, realistic, bleak, dark and gritty realization of Texas in 1980. The sound was edited so that it didn't even need a soundtrack for it to be gripping. Acting: JAVIER BARDEM IS ONE OF THE BEST VILLAINS EVER, PERIOD. Some "brutal violence and blood" is in this movie, and I'm not gonna lie, it was 100% ness scary. No spoilers, but when you see the film, you will understand why it's there. (Remember the title is "no country for old men") overall, this is a must see and i cannot praise it enough. 5/5
Teen, 13 years old Written byZarastella June 22, 2014

No country for old men

A very good action packed film. Not as gruesome and bloody as suggested. A great story line and amazing acting from Javier bardem not a popcorn film. Not for young kids. The ending though was completely rubbish.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAlasdaircBoswell June 18, 2014

A Masterpiece

Its a great movie...for adults. Kids on 17 or even 18 should not see this at all. Even adults will be disturbed by this film. The Coen's make amazing films. Its well written, acted, and shot. But do not let your kids or teens see this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 15, 2014

Entertaining

This movie was highly entertaining, which is why i loved it. It really isn't bad at all except for the violence, it is quite violent. To be honest, 12 isn't such a bad age for this but just incase, 13 is better.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. October 12, 2013

Ehh...

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

Nothing You Fear... Can Prepare You for Him

This is a great movie, filled with excellent performances. Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, the incredibly creepy Javier Bardem, and the supporting cast all do a fantastic job. The well-known directors deliver and the cinematography was great. Sadly, the ending was awful and near the end, it started to slow down. Ended with a fizzle rather than a bang. Contains a heavy amount of violent images that are sometimes very shocking and does contain mild language with two uses of the f-word. A-.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 21, 2012

The Coen's Oscar-winning western thriller is really violent, but good.

"No Country for Old Man" is a western thriller by writer-director team, the Coen Brothers. Winning 4 Academy Awards (Best Picture, Best Directing, Best Screenplay Based on Another Medium and Best Actor in a Supporting Role [Javier Bardem]), this movie is one of the decade's best movies. The structure of the film is great: It follows three different characters chasing each other - A man steals 2 million dollars and flees, being chased by another men (a psychotic killer) who is chased by the Sheriff. The actors are great - especially Javier Bardem gives a striking performance as the disturbed killer Anton Chigurh. It starts as a kind of modern western but then changes into a thriller. The movie is a tale of violence and redemption, but also knows how to create the perfect athmosphere for its brutal moments. The characters are perfect and the whole story is superb. Unlike most of the Coen's other movies, this movie is completely serious not having a single funny moment. (SPOILERS may follow:) As mentioned above, the movie is extremely violent. A man uses an oxygen tank as a gun, shooting several people in a graphic and bloody way. In one scene near the beginning, he puts it onto a man's head and shoots him (the moment in which the tank is revealed to be a gun) - this scene includes a graphic hole. In an extremely violent scene a man is shot in the throat, and he coughs as blood spurts out. Several people are shot throughout the movie, always resulting in visible blood. In one scene at the beginning of the movie a man is choked to death with a pair of handcuffs. A man has a bone sticking out of his arm (graphic). I also warn you that you may not feel save in your home after watching this movie because of the way the antagonist breaks into the houses of people. There is some language, but it is rather PG-13 level (two f-words and some milder terms, very infrequent). (END OF SPOILERS) This movie is suitable for older teenagers and adults only because of its strong brutal violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHayden Church July 11, 2012

Is Llewlyn Moss the villain? Or Anton Chigurh?

I thought "No Country For Old Men" was an amazing film. It currently holds a spot as one of my favorite films. Violence is a huge part of the film, but it's what also defines it. Sexual references isn't to the point of graphic at all, but there is a reference to having intercourse. Also, the main antagonist is seen in a tub naked, and then later in a towel. The cursing in this isn't that bad. The language in this film is about that of a normal PG-13 film. But I must stress, the violence in this film is very graphic. When I say graphic, I mean GRAPHIC! But I still rate "No Country For Old Men", a pause for 16 and under.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 15, 2011

no kid under 12

I got the steelbook from amazon(amazing steelbook I got it for only 15$)beautiful.then I have to say I was born in france but then went in the u.s.a.so I want to stick with the french rating no kid under 12 is allowed to see this movie.this movie is a masterpiece,the story line is great( I actually care more about the storyline than the violence)I saw it with my dad and my little brother whose 10.he like that movie a lot but was a little bit too violent for him.but great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretAgentPalin May 15, 2011

Perfect.

Beautiful movie. Pretty heavy on the gun violence though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChiman187 February 24, 2011

MEH

Not the Coen brothers I know! If you want a weird thrill watch Fargo or True Grit instead.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Informer August 28, 2010

Another masterpice from the Coen brothers.

No Country for Old Men is a beautifully shot, smart and very tense movie that truly deserves the Oscar for Best Picture. However, this is a very dark movie. There are almost no positive role models, and anytime Anton kills someone, it is always very graphic, including to him strangling another man with handcuffs, killing people at close range with an air gun or shooting people with a silenced shotgun, which leads to very bloody results. There is also a scene where he cleans up a bullet wound and has a bone sticking out of his arm. Not everyone will like this movie, but this is a great movie for mature viewers at least 17 years old.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChambear November 20, 2009

A true masterpiece!

This is one of the greatest movies to date and is very well done. It is all about a man stumbling upon $2 million dollars, and the chase from Anton Chigurh to Llewelyn Moss over the cash. This movie contains action, suspense, and thrills, thus making it a very flexible movie.This movie does contain infrequent language with 2 f words and bloody violence (nothing a mature teen couldn't handle). This a true masterpiece that mustn't be missed!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 August 30, 2009

The Creative Cohens, at it again!

I am probably the biggest Cohen brothers fan! This is one of my favorite movies of all time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 24, 2009

I liked this better than "Juno"

And I didn't see any other 07 nominees, because all except "Juno" were rated R, so I guess I'm sorta glad it won the Best Pic Oscar. I only saw this because I have a life-long goal to see every Best Picture Oscar winner in America. To conclude, this movie was graphically bloody and somewhat symbolic in my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 15, 2009

Coen brothers thought-provoking oscar winner is great.

What makes the Coen brothers Oscar-winning film so great is that it keeps you thinking of what happened and what will happen. It's rare to see that in pointless movies these days but this is a real treat.
Teen, 15 years old Written byastist7 May 17, 2009

Whoa, whoa, whoa ... how did that just end?!

This movie showed a lot of promise until the very end. In the words of one of my favorite movie critics, "It was kind of like they didn't know how to end it, so they sort of just ... didn't." The Oscar for best picture could have gone to a much worthier candidate