Witty Hitchcock thriller piles on suspense and innuendo.

Adult Written bycrazyguykevin89 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymoorehead December 20, 2010

Geat film--not for young children, though.

Wonderful film. Great acting by Cary Grant. The scenes at Mt. Rushmore are thrilling, beautiful and suspenseful.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion April 10, 2009

An engaging action flick...

NORTH BY NORTHWEST is a fun movie, and great, suspenseful viewing for family movie night (for those who are old enough). There are several intense scenes, and in two places men are shot (nongraphically). One man is stabbed and another man is framed for it. There is a bit of innuendo ("you could always sleep in by booth with me, where it's safe" or "what should I do with you in the morning") and a couple are seen kissing passionately.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2014

Classic Hitchcock- an edge of your seat thriller.

Hitchcock's North by Northwest is very similar to the later James Bonds. Like in "Skyfall", it's about a secret service agent spy who even dresses in a smart suit. He tries to find a Russian spy and gets caught up in a surreal world. The pace of the film is thrilling: in one scene he's in a Sports Car and almost falls off a cliff, in another a crop duster pursues him. The plot starts with Roger Thornhill going to a bar where he is mistakenly identified by two criminals as an agent named Kaplan. The criminals force bourbon into him and later he is suspected of a murder he hasn't committed and of driving while drunk. He also meets a girl he falls in love with named Eve (Eva Marie Saint). This thrilling film I highly recommend.
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2010

Only 4 stars?

By far one of the best thrillers ever made. Reccomend it to any fan of suspense.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 March 12, 2012

Another Favorite Hitchcock!

This was my first Hitchcock, and it has led to me see other wonderfule films by this master. A Must-See Classic!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

BEST MOVIE EVER !!!

I saw North By Northwest when I was 10, and I think it may be one of the best movies I have ever seen. There was one scene that creeped me out a bit, but besides that, I enjoyed every minute!
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2014

Great thriller without all the violence

Violence- 1 (Mild Themes)
Teen, 16 years old Written byGeorgia Shore March 12, 2012

Great family movie!

One of Hitchcock's best movies! Great for mature 7 and 8 year olds, definitley on for 9 year olds. Only 4 stars? Great action/ suspense movie for the whole family! The scenes are both beautiful, and have a touch of Hitchcock's surrealism.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymongofa August 18, 2010

Suspenseful and thrilling

Cary Grant shines, in this spectacularly thrilling Hitchcock classic. That cropduster scene was so beautifuly shot it gives me the chills. The film does have some scenes of peril and violence that parents may not want there young kids to see. It is the perfect movie for teens, though
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2010

Bad romance, action could have been better, just...forgettable

AFI ranked this as the #4 most thrilling movie ever, with only Exorcist, Jaws, and Psycho ahead of it. That's pretty big shoes to fill. But this didn't fill them. For an action movie, the only memorable action sequences were the cropduster (which was stupid...he should have just laid down and waited for it to run out of gas), and the Mt. Rushmore (silly). The romance was not believable, as they met and six hours later they had a makeout scene that was about fifteen minutes too long. Not much was believable, and the connecting material between action was scanty. Not worth seeing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrlucien June 26, 2012

North by Northwest

The greatest film ever made
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 4, 2011

One of the best Hitchcock movies ever.

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for some violent images and brief alcohol use.
Adult Written bysarge123 January 24, 2015

Fantastic thriller has heaps of sexual references and mild violence. 14+

Parent Written byClassic Movie Family December 7, 2010

A family favorite!!

This is a family favorite for all three of our kids. We like classic movies because the material is generally suitable for the kids and it’s not dumbed down for them or us. Because much of the content is from a past era, some things need explanation. We prefer to use questionable content as teachable moments with which to reinforce our values. Some of the scenes are harrowing, but all told there is less violence here than in most of today’s fare. I will however describe the teachable moments we have found. -One scene contains a man involuntary driving while drunk. Yes, it was involuntary. We use it as a chance to talk about moderation and responsibility. -Another scene implies spending the night with a stranger. We make sure our kids know that’s not exactly desirable behavior. Those are the main ones – enjoy!
Adult Written byUnknown Agent November 20, 2015

Great

Great Movie 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byOceanTiger37 December 26, 2016

Hitchcock's best has some innuendo and violence

This is DEFINITELY my favorite Hitchcock film, but it has violence (a man has a knife in his back, James Stewart and his girlfriend almost die in the end, a plane chases Stewart before crashing into a truck and exploding) and sexual innuendos (Stewart asks his girlfriend why she is so good to him and then she asks if she shall come on up and tell him, tons of kissing while gasping out other innuendos), so it's a good pick for teens who won't turn it off at the beginning (as my dad almost did b/c he found it boring at first).
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015

Fantastic. Lots of sex and violence.