All member reviews for Now You See Me

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 June 3, 2013

Now you see me now you don't

some kissing a girl takes off her shirt kisses danny but gets kicked out. a deadly car crash where you think someone dies. some bad words near the end. the movie was awesome but the ending honestly sucked.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

My FAVORITE movie

Now You See Me, is a very cool, very interesting movie! It's a fun movie. Cool effects and charismatic characters. Near the beginning of the movie, a girl is in her underwear and making out with J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg). A woman is briefly seen topless, nothing sensitive is shown. The language is pretty heavy, but most of it is mumbled. The "F" word is heard a couple of times. Then there are the usuals. There are some scenes that may frighten young viewers, but it seems worse than it is. A man gets his sleeve stuck in a garbage disposal. The two side characters get into a very cool fight, using magic. Over all this movie is okay for kids 10+. Good movie, good plot, good twists, cool magic. Now I wanna be a magician. Hmm. MOM WHERE ARE MY CARDS? :D
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 10, 2013

Poignant, Intense Crime Fantasy Is Not For Kids, Fine For Age 13 & Up

Parents, this teen appealing fantasy crime drama from the director of "Insomnia" has popular actors and a harrowing storyline, but the violence, sexuality, and strong language makes it a better fit for teens. The story follows a talented group of Las Vegas magicians, named "The Four Horsemen, and one of their criminal tricks catches the eye of a CIA operative. Soon, the four magicians find themselves in an all-out war with the authorities, and must risk their lives to save themselves. Violence is not constant, but is strong when used. It includes a brutal car crash, fighting, kicking, torture, punching, slapping, head-banging, and some disturbing images including bloody faces and bloody attack scenes, and one supporting character throws up all over his clothes. Sexual content includes scenes of strip poker, a girl stripping and doing a pole dance, a girl stripping to her underwear and making out with her boyfriend, flirting, kissing, casual sex, and a woman is shown naked (bare breasts and bare bottom) in a nonsexual way. Language is fairly infrequent, but includes a few uses of s--t, f--k, b-tch, and one d--k. In the end, this violent and poignant crime fantasy is not okay for young kids, but fine for 13+. Rated PG-13 For Some Strong Violence, Some Disturbing Images, Elements Of Sexuality Including Nudity, And Brief Language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 10, 2013

Now You See Me should have been rated PG

This movie was AMAZING. Its so fun to watch and the magic tricks will amaze you. There is some violence but its very minimal and not graphic (one fight, and a car chase) There is some language as well as one F bomb and one very brief sex scene that shows a woman in her bra but it's nothing a mature kid couldn't handle or also they could cover they're eves ( it's only about 30 seconds) Don't let that spoil your chances of going because I'm very hard on reviews and I thought this was fine. Also, the movie sending couldn't have been better. I had high expectations for this.... and it totally delivered! You must see this! It left me amazed and it was so good, I saw it again!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe August 23, 2013

Amazing, magical and the best heist movie since "Tower Heist"

Lots of chase scenes and laugh-out-loud humor - amazing mash-up of a thriller AND comedy. I remember when one character yelled "What the f***?!!" A few songs I'd add to the soundtrack if I were Louis Leterrier are "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police and "Abracadabra" by The Steve Miller Band, though. Magic like this will woo a lot of older kids.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

TERRIBLE MOVIE

this is utter garbage, I mean really this overall had no story. The acting was terrible Jesse Eisenberg talked too fast, Woody Harrelson was the only good actor. The twist was completely predictable, and it was just completely terrible. One of the worst movies of the year so far.
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2013

Amazing movie

I am 11 and I loved this movie soooooo much. It had some violence, but an excellent plot. This is one of my favorite movies ever. Danny Atlas was my favorite character, I think.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2014

Good flick for the entire family

We really enjoyed this movie as a family. There is some language, but I am having to teach the kids that they are going to hear it - need to ignore - and not use - otherwise we couldn't watch anything! One scene near the beginning where I covered my 9 year old son's eyes - no nudity, just more than I thought he needed to see. Some of the inappropriate things that were mentioned were honestly above his head. The story line is good, fun and action packed. We all enjoyed this!
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Awesome affects, funny, action filled

I liked this movie. At first I was unsure about watching it, but the affects are so cool. The cool thing about this movie is that the bad guys are trying to help save magic and make peoples lives better. THere is no bad guy so it is not very scary. I love this movie and it was the best movie I have seen in a long time. It is funny, but action filled.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2013

Here it is, everything you need to know

Violence: Mild. Magicians use magic to rob a bank. Characters fight with everything from guns to cards to sinks. One car chase, but it has no blood. Sex: Mild. Some women wear revealing outfits. A hypnotist says references him being naked. Language: Moderate. Frequent use of "bullsh*t" "sh*t""a*shole" "a*s" "d*ck" "Godd*mn" "hell" "d*mn" and "cr*p". Product inplacements: low. Starbucks coffee is seen/drunk. Drinking: Mild. A cop gets drunk
Teen, 14 years old Written byWatchReviewCrew June 11, 2013

Great teen suspense film

I had been wanting to see this movie since I heard about it. I am into magic, and I heard Morgan Freeman was in it, so that excited me. When I did go see it, I was not disappointed. The magic tricks were entertaining, and the action was well done. The movie is talking about misdirection, when at the same time the plot misdirects you, which I enjoyed. The ending was a little anti-climactic, and could have been revealed to the audience more spectacularly. Some of the romance and kissing wasn't all necessary and the movie could've done without it. Overall though, I thought it really kept you excited to see what was next, showed and explained to you some amazing large scale magic tricks, and made sure that when you thought you knew the story, there was a plot twist waiting for you. A fun one to watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 31, 2013

Great

Great but some language like main of uses of s--t bulls--t a--whole c--p a-s f-ker h-l da-n . and the like. Some sexual content including banter.some making out flirting a girl strips a guys under where and makes out with him. Lot of violence shooting robbing banks crashes and brutal fights like kicks to the face and billion dollars falling out of nowhere . Some drinking , a character is showmen drinking to much at a bar ,the next day he references getting drunk. Lot of consuming ,.labels seen mention star gram and BMW. Still it has a message of justice.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2014

Very Good

If you're bored at home and you've got nothing to do, this is the best movie to watch. Great pack of entertainment, action and mystery, a must-watch movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 4, 2014

Crime thriller has excitement but racy parts but totally teen friendly

My rating:PG-13 for violence,language.sexual content,drug use and scary images
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Fun, comedy thriller movie

Violence- 4 (In a magic trick, a girl pretends to be eaten by piranhas, with lots of blood) Sex- 3 (Two people are having sex, but are interrupted) Swearing- 3 (Many uses of s**t)
Teen, 15 years old Written byLiaAndStitch August 10, 2014

Wow

This movie was very interesting and it kept me guessing until the very end. The only reason i wouldn't want my siblings seeing it is because of a scene at the beginning when a woman is kissing Danny while wearing not a lot of clothing but it doesn't last for very long. Some parts were a bit complicated for younger kids to follow but it was an excellent movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Best Movie of 2013, but know your kid - could be dangerous

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Now You See Me Review

Some Language, Violence. It's just fine. Pretty fine/good. I liked it mostly. Good acting, plus violence, and cars crash. Magic tricks and blood in a tank.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2014

Now You See Me is an astonishing movie; teens and up

This was a great movie, but predictable. I'd say ages 11+, and here's why: Sex: 3/5- sexual references, cleavage exposing dresses, a sex scene where a woman strips to her underwear and bra, and lays on top of a man, and a brief scene where a woman lifts up her shirt, revealing her breasts. Could wait from the youngsters: mature teens. Violence: 3/5- some intense fights, hand-to-hand combat gunfights, and a violent car chase. Nothing an eight year old couldn't handle. Drinking: 2/5- a few scenes of drinking; not very bad. Won't disturb anyone. Language: 4/5- frequent use of s---, bulls---, a--, a--hole, d---, h---, and a muttered f---. Your kids will hear much worse at school; tweens. Overall, I'd rate this: PG-13- For sequences of violent action, language, sexual content, and brief nudity. I hope this review was helpful :D
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

good for kids!

I think this is a really good movie but very confusing if you like thrills than i would recommend this movie for you. This movie is good for kids to if they read magic books and love mystery let your kids watch it ,it will teach them a lesson about money when they grow up