All member reviews for Now You See Me

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 June 3, 2013

Now you see me now you don't

some kissing a girl takes off her shirt kisses danny but gets kicked out. a deadly car crash where you think someone dies. some bad words near the end. the movie was awesome but the ending honestly sucked.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

My FAVORITE movie

Now You See Me, is a very cool, very interesting movie! It's a fun movie. Cool effects and charismatic characters. Near the beginning of the movie, a girl is in her underwear and making out with J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg). A woman is briefly seen topless, nothing sensitive is shown. The language is pretty heavy, but most of it is mumbled. The "F" word is heard a couple of times. Then there are the usuals. There are some scenes that may frighten young viewers, but it seems worse than it is. A man gets his sleeve stuck in a garbage disposal. The two side characters get into a very cool fight, using magic. Over all this movie is okay for kids 10+. Good movie, good plot, good twists, cool magic. Now I wanna be a magician. Hmm. MOM WHERE ARE MY CARDS? :D
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 May 31, 2013

Exciting Suspense Movie is very good

There is a lot of action and peril, as well as intense scenes. Strong language scattered, at least 1 muttered f-bomb. Some suggestive scenes. Good for teens and up, but my 10 year old sister did alright. Depending on the kid, some 10-11, fine for 12-13+
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2013

Amazing movie

I am 11 and I loved this movie soooooo much. It had some violence, but an excellent plot. This is one of my favorite movies ever. Danny Atlas was my favorite character, I think.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 31, 2013

Great

Great but some language like main of uses of s--t bulls--t a--whole c--p a-s f-ker h-l da-n . and the like. Some sexual content including banter.some making out flirting a girl strips a guys under where and makes out with him. Lot of violence shooting robbing banks crashes and brutal fights like kicks to the face and billion dollars falling out of nowhere . Some drinking , a character is showmen drinking to much at a bar ,the next day he references getting drunk. Lot of consuming ,.labels seen mention star gram and BMW. Still it has a message of justice.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Love it because of the thrill of getting away feel.

Amazing, nothing more to said. AMAZING!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 2, 2013

Now You See Me is entertaining but by no means memorable

“The movie Now You See Me has an impressive pace, some good set pieces, a likeable cast, a solid soundtrack and a surprising twist at the end. But on the down side, that same twist is so-so in that it might not have been plausible. Also there is a lack of character development, a rather disappointing (and anticlimactic) ending, and so-so camera shots and finally at some points there is choppy editing (especially towards the end). In the end, Now You See Me is an entertaining movie but isn’t as good as The Prestige.” On a family note there is one suggestive scene in the Beginning, around 40 profanities(mostly mild 12 or so s-words), and mild violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 9, 2013

Abracadabra, this movie is average

"NYSM" thinks it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve...but it comes out empty handed. I loved magic as a kid, I love Penn & Teller, even David Blaine to a certain extent, but this film failed to inspire. However, it's not awful, and when the Horsemen are delivering their awe inspiring acts, THAT'S when this movie shines.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWatchReviewCrew June 11, 2013

Great teen suspense film

I had been wanting to see this movie since I heard about it. I am into magic, and I heard Morgan Freeman was in it, so that excited me. When I did go see it, I was not disappointed. The magic tricks were entertaining, and the action was well done. The movie is talking about misdirection, when at the same time the plot misdirects you, which I enjoyed. The ending was a little anti-climactic, and could have been revealed to the audience more spectacularly. Some of the romance and kissing wasn't all necessary and the movie could've done without it. Overall though, I thought it really kept you excited to see what was next, showed and explained to you some amazing large scale magic tricks, and made sure that when you thought you knew the story, there was a plot twist waiting for you. A fun one to watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 10, 2013

Poignant, Intense Crime Fantasy Is Not For Kids, Fine For Age 13 & Up

Parents, this teen appealing fantasy crime drama from the director of "Insomnia" has popular actors and a harrowing storyline, but the violence, sexuality, and strong language makes it a better fit for teens. The story follows a talented group of Las Vegas magicians, named "The Four Horsemen, and one of their criminal tricks catches the eye of a CIA operative. Soon, the four magicians find themselves in an all-out war with the authorities, and must risk their lives to save themselves. Violence is not constant, but is strong when used. It includes a brutal car crash, fighting, kicking, torture, punching, slapping, head-banging, and some disturbing images including bloody faces and bloody attack scenes, and one supporting character throws up all over his clothes. Sexual content includes scenes of strip poker, a girl stripping and doing a pole dance, a girl stripping to her underwear and making out with her boyfriend, flirting, kissing, casual sex, and a woman is shown naked (bare breasts and bare bottom) in a nonsexual way. Language is fairly infrequent, but includes a few uses of s--t, f--k, b-tch, and one d--k. In the end, this violent and poignant crime fantasy is not okay for young kids, but fine for 13+. Rated PG-13 For Some Strong Violence, Some Disturbing Images, Elements Of Sexuality Including Nudity, And Brief Language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarieva Walton June 28, 2013

Mind blowing, and out of this world!!! I loved this movie!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

TERRIBLE MOVIE

this is utter garbage, I mean really this overall had no story. The acting was terrible Jesse Eisenberg talked too fast, Woody Harrelson was the only good actor. The twist was completely predictable, and it was just completely terrible. One of the worst movies of the year so far.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2013

Here it is, everything you need to know

Violence: Mild. Magicians use magic to rob a bank. Characters fight with everything from guns to cards to sinks. One car chase, but it has no blood. Sex: Mild. Some women wear revealing outfits. A hypnotist says references him being naked. Language: Moderate. Frequent use of "bullsh*t" "sh*t""a*shole" "a*s" "d*ck" "Godd*mn" "hell" "d*mn" and "cr*p". Product inplacements: low. Starbucks coffee is seen/drunk. Drinking: Mild. A cop gets drunk
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 10, 2013

Now You See Me should have been rated PG

This movie was AMAZING. Its so fun to watch and the magic tricks will amaze you. There is some violence but its very minimal and not graphic (one fight, and a car chase) There is some language as well as one F bomb and one very brief sex scene that shows a woman in her bra but it's nothing a mature kid couldn't handle or also they could cover they're eves ( it's only about 30 seconds) Don't let that spoil your chances of going because I'm very hard on reviews and I thought this was fine. Also, the movie sending couldn't have been better. I had high expectations for this.... and it totally delivered! You must see this! It left me amazed and it was so good, I saw it again!!
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Awesome affects, funny, action filled

I liked this movie. At first I was unsure about watching it, but the affects are so cool. The cool thing about this movie is that the bad guys are trying to help save magic and make peoples lives better. THere is no bad guy so it is not very scary. I love this movie and it was the best movie I have seen in a long time. It is funny, but action filled.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa September 14, 2013

Now you don't.

The first word that pops into my head when I finished this movie was "queer." Yes, a very queer film, this. The cast is very good, with the exception of Isla Fisher who was not on her game and really did a terrible job. Although really devoid of good role models/messages, the movie is a great popcorn flick that is hugely entertaining and fun to watch. I did, however, get the sense that they were trying to cram too much into certain parts, and this was slightly boring to watch. Parents should know that a character gets drunk, there is a decent amount of sexual content that includes A nearly naked woman astride a man and a lot of references to sex. Language, as well as some scenes of intense violence that include fist fights, hitting people with guns and a car crash that results in the killing of a major character and the explosion of the car might make it not right for younger kids. The characters include the Four Horsemen: A small time street magician, a pickpocket-by-magic, an escape artist and a mentalist. All four are very different and very interesting characters. Michael Caine is the cheating bank owner who gets his pay, Morgan Freeman a double-dealing magic informer, Mark Ruffalo a detective who just can't get his game on. Not much character development in the film, but it is hardly possible when the movie is made up of illusion after illusion and chase scenes. Shallow characters, yes, but not uninteresting ones. Cinematography was excellent, and the magic tricks were fascinating. There is also a very fun scene where the detective and the youngest horseman face off, which is a tasteful blend of magic and actual fighting skills. While overall a fairly predictable movie, the constant question of "who is the Fifth Horseman?" made everyone I watched it with think they knew exactly who it was, and there was a fascinating twist on the end that really made us all realize the truth of the movie's message: "The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see."
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013

Awesome!!!

BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

goood moviee

I liked it haha it was gooodiieee
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Great Movie

A great thriller which had me always wondering what was going to happen next. It was a good film but I do warn parents of young children and people who are upset easily to be cautious since it does get pretty morbid at times and includes some VERY revealing outfits but all-in-all "Now you see me" is an exciting movie that will leave you wanting more.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe August 23, 2013

Amazing, magical and the best heist movie since "Tower Heist"

Lots of chase scenes and laugh-out-loud humor - amazing mash-up of a thriller AND comedy. I remember when one character yelled "What the f***?!!" A few songs I'd add to the soundtrack if I were Louis Leterrier are "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police and "Abracadabra" by The Steve Miller Band, though. Magic like this will woo a lot of older kids.