All member reviews for Now You See Me

Teen-appealing heist movie has a few intense fight scenes.

Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Best Movie of 2013, but know your kid - could be dangerous

Written byAnonymous February 28, 2014

Captivating and Intruiging

Well thought out plot, leaves you pondering after the movie is over.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Now You See Me Review

Some Language, Violence. It's just fine. Pretty fine/good. I liked it mostly. Good acting, plus violence, and cars crash. Magic tricks and blood in a tank.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2014

Now You See Me is an astonishing movie; teens and up

This was a great movie, but predictable. I'd say ages 11+, and here's why: Sex: 3/5- sexual references, cleavage exposing dresses, a sex scene where a woman strips to her underwear and bra, and lays on top of a man, and a brief scene where a woman lifts up her shirt, revealing her breasts. Could wait from the youngsters: mature teens. Violence: 3/5- some intense fights, hand-to-hand combat gunfights, and a violent car chase. Nothing an eight year old couldn't handle. Drinking: 2/5- a few scenes of drinking; not very bad. Won't disturb anyone. Language: 4/5- frequent use of s---, bulls---, a--, a--hole, d---, h---, and a muttered f---. Your kids will hear much worse at school; tweens. Overall, I'd rate this: PG-13- For sequences of violent action, language, sexual content, and brief nudity. I hope this review was helpful :D
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Awesome affects, funny, action filled

I liked this movie. At first I was unsure about watching it, but the affects are so cool. The cool thing about this movie is that the bad guys are trying to help save magic and make peoples lives better. THere is no bad guy so it is not very scary. I love this movie and it was the best movie I have seen in a long time. It is funny, but action filled.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

good for kids!

I think this is a really good movie but very confusing if you like thrills than i would recommend this movie for you. This movie is good for kids to if they read magic books and love mystery let your kids watch it ,it will teach them a lesson about money when they grow up
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

HAYMITCH!!!!!

My family loves this movie. The car crash is really the only scary/PG 13 worthy thing in this whole movie. I think PG is a more appropriate rating. Plus I love woody harrelson
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2013

Mature Tweens Will Love It

Great movie! One of my favorites! There are some well played scenes that may scare sensitive tweens and little kids that depict death, but they are all realistic illusions with realistic dummies. These scenes include a woman drowning in a locked tank of ravenous phiranas and a fiery car crash including a common character, but, again, no one dies. There is one make out scene, but no one is nude. The language is as bad as other teen targeted movies such as Warm Bodies, including some serious language such as one F bomb and various S words. Overall, wonderful, thrilling movie for mature tweens, teens, and some adults!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse October 24, 2013

Magic world of no plot yet amazement

I would say the language is a bit of a problem, but NOWHERE near as bad as I've seen. I thought the movie didn't have the best plot, but the special effects were amazing. It is definitely a movie to watch if you like thrilling, visually appealing movies. I said really good because of the effects. Really, they are some of the best I have seen.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatnissthegirlonfire October 23, 2013

Very Good

Great movie and you really have to think about it, it is quite hard to follow so that is why i think it should be for 12 year olds and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 October 5, 2013

Kinda let down

This was one of the movies I was looking forward to the most for the summer. I saw the trailer for the first time before Jurrasic park 3D with my friend and we couldn't wait! But it was only so-so. The tricks aren't very realistic and the characters weren't very memorable. One brief sexual scene and 2 sexual conversations, one during a hypnotism performance and one on an airplane. It's worth it, just not the best. Ages 11+. Grade C+
Teen, 13 years old Written byNBG September 30, 2013

All I can say is that my friends and I left the theater. I don't know how the rest if the movie went but when it came to "a brief scene featuring a scantily clad woman.." We left.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2013

BORING BUT GOOD CAR CHASE

On the commercial it looks like an action pact film, guess what? ITS BORING! The storyline is dull, most of the film is talking between the characters and its poorly written. One sensational car chase though and as you can tell, my favourite scene. Although this is a good film to watch once or twice, don't see it at the cinema, wait till its cheap in a year or so...
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 September 23, 2013

Pretty good

the mardi gras part all of the people were not extras it was filmed during mardi gras and they girl without a shirt was just someone that wanted attention and the director decided to put it in the movie.............watch the bonus features I really liked the actors in the movie expecially woody harrelson
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!

Great movie one of the best movies ive ever seen in by life with a twist none can predict sensational amazing stunning and brilliant are just a couple words to describe this incredible film.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

This is movie is awesome! :D Violence, 12 & up: Violent car chase/crash, many of the scenes are intense and make you believe someone is gonna get hurt, and there is one "beat-up" scene. Sex, 9 & up, you see a man lift up a woman in a bra and panties and sets her down on a bed, and then he leaves. Topless woman for prolly at most 5 seconds. Language, 11 & up: D--k once, s--t twice, f--k twice, a-s seven times. Loved this movie! take your kids! cousins! friends! parents! anyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa September 14, 2013

Now you don't.

The first word that pops into my head when I finished this movie was "queer." Yes, a very queer film, this. The cast is very good, with the exception of Isla Fisher who was not on her game and really did a terrible job. Although really devoid of good role models/messages, the movie is a great popcorn flick that is hugely entertaining and fun to watch. I did, however, get the sense that they were trying to cram too much into certain parts, and this was slightly boring to watch. Parents should know that a character gets drunk, there is a decent amount of sexual content that includes A nearly naked woman astride a man and a lot of references to sex. Language, as well as some scenes of intense violence that include fist fights, hitting people with guns and a car crash that results in the killing of a major character and the explosion of the car might make it not right for younger kids. The characters include the Four Horsemen: A small time street magician, a pickpocket-by-magic, an escape artist and a mentalist. All four are very different and very interesting characters. Michael Caine is the cheating bank owner who gets his pay, Morgan Freeman a double-dealing magic informer, Mark Ruffalo a detective who just can't get his game on. Not much character development in the film, but it is hardly possible when the movie is made up of illusion after illusion and chase scenes. Shallow characters, yes, but not uninteresting ones. Cinematography was excellent, and the magic tricks were fascinating. There is also a very fun scene where the detective and the youngest horseman face off, which is a tasteful blend of magic and actual fighting skills. While overall a fairly predictable movie, the constant question of "who is the Fifth Horseman?" made everyone I watched it with think they knew exactly who it was, and there was a fascinating twist on the end that really made us all realize the truth of the movie's message: "The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see."
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Great Movie

A great thriller which had me always wondering what was going to happen next. It was a good film but I do warn parents of young children and people who are upset easily to be cautious since it does get pretty morbid at times and includes some VERY revealing outfits but all-in-all "Now you see me" is an exciting movie that will leave you wanting more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycait luvs bbc September 7, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!

It is my new favorite movie!!!!!!! You need to know that they use adult languages but not to bad a 9 year old watched half of it and was fine. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2013

I loved this movie and at the end when it explained it all, it seemed quite simple and the tricks seemed obvious but you should definitely watch it!!!