All member reviews for Now You See Me

Teen-appealing heist movie has a few intense fight scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa September 14, 2013

Now you don't.

The first word that pops into my head when I finished this movie was "queer." Yes, a very queer film, this. The cast is very good, with the exception of Isla Fisher who was not on her game and really did a terrible job. Although really devoid of good role models/messages, the movie is a great popcorn flick that is hugely entertaining and fun to watch. I did, however, get the sense that they were trying to cram too much into certain parts, and this was slightly boring to watch. Parents should know that a character gets drunk, there is a decent amount of sexual content that includes A nearly naked woman astride a man and a lot of references to sex. Language, as well as some scenes of intense violence that include fist fights, hitting people with guns and a car crash that results in the killing of a major character and the explosion of the car might make it not right for younger kids. The characters include the Four Horsemen: A small time street magician, a pickpocket-by-magic, an escape artist and a mentalist. All four are very different and very interesting characters. Michael Caine is the cheating bank owner who gets his pay, Morgan Freeman a double-dealing magic informer, Mark Ruffalo a detective who just can't get his game on. Not much character development in the film, but it is hardly possible when the movie is made up of illusion after illusion and chase scenes. Shallow characters, yes, but not uninteresting ones. Cinematography was excellent, and the magic tricks were fascinating. There is also a very fun scene where the detective and the youngest horseman face off, which is a tasteful blend of magic and actual fighting skills. While overall a fairly predictable movie, the constant question of "who is the Fifth Horseman?" made everyone I watched it with think they knew exactly who it was, and there was a fascinating twist on the end that really made us all realize the truth of the movie's message: "The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see."
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Great Movie

A great thriller which had me always wondering what was going to happen next. It was a good film but I do warn parents of young children and people who are upset easily to be cautious since it does get pretty morbid at times and includes some VERY revealing outfits but all-in-all "Now you see me" is an exciting movie that will leave you wanting more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycait luvs bbc September 7, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!

It is my new favorite movie!!!!!!! You need to know that they use adult languages but not to bad a 9 year old watched half of it and was fine. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2013

I loved this movie and at the end when it explained it all, it seemed quite simple and the tricks seemed obvious but you should definitely watch it!!!
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2013

INCREDIBLE

I think the Content of Now You See Me is excellent. I saw it on opening day and it was INCREDIBLE! I love magic movies soo much. Kids would be lining up at the theaters for this movie. But parents, there is swearing and some drinking. The theme is inappropriate for little kids so beware parents.
Educator and Parent Written byLifes2short4badmovie August 19, 2013

Magic Fun!

Clever, especially how some scenes were constructed. My teen doesn't watch violent movies in general, so some of this was intense for them. Also, sex scenes were somewhat gratuitous. Ending predictable to watchers of suspense movies, but fun for unsuspecting teens.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013

Awesome!!!

BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!
Parent Written byShivom Oza July 14, 2013

Now You See Me (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – Just Not ‘Magical’ Enough

Director Louis Leterrier (of ‘Transporter’, ‘Transporter 2’, ‘Clash Of The Titans’ and ‘The Incredible Hulk’ fame) brings together distinguished actors (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Jesse Eisenberg) for this film, which revolves around the world of magic. The screenplay is crisp and fast-paced, and the performances are brilliant. However, the climax (with the supposedly unfathomable twist in the end) leaves a lot to be desired. However, ‘Now You See Me’ is very much watchable. It will keep you engaged through its duration of two hours, and the premise is quite interesting. Clichéd, but interesting enough! Four street-magicians, J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Merritt McKinney (Woody Harrelson), Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher) and Jack Wilder (Dave Franco), receive mysterious invitations from an entity named 'The Eye'. Four of them, who happen to vaguely know about each other, land up at the given address only to be greeted with an empty house laden with a few surreal objects. A year later, these four street-magicians turn into big-time stage illusionists in Las Vegas. Referred to as 'The Four Horsemen', the team is sponsored by Arthus Tressler (Michael Caine), who is an insurance magnate. The magicians decide to end this show by pulling off their biggest trick – a bank robbery. So, their volunteer is apparently tele-ported to a bank in Paris, where he activates an air-duct, which sucks up the money and transports it to the show in Las Vegas. FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) and Interpol Agent Alma Vargas (Melanie Laurent) are called upon to investigate into the theft. We are also introduced to Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), an ex-magician who makes money by revealing the secrets behind other magicians' tricks. Thaddeus goes on to play an important part in the film's story. What follows is a cat-and-mouse game between the law enforcement and 'The Four Horsemen'! The element of suspense is inherent through the film, as you can never figure out who the 'bad guys' are till the climactic moments. The magic tricks, pulled off in this film, are clichéd but presented in a lavish manner. Visually, the film is brilliant and credit for that should go to the people behind the production design, and the director. The dialogues, especially, deserve special mention. Concept-wise, the film had the potential to be way better than what it was. It falters at the moments where it matters the most. In films of other genres, if the climax of a brilliant film is a bit underwhelming, it is still forgivable. However, in a film like this, where a viewer's perspective can be overturned just by the ending, ‘Now You See Me’ leaves a lot to be desired. ‘Now You See Me’ is fairly entertaining. However, with a better-written climax, it could have been way superior. It's quite watchable though. Shivom Oza
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

goood moviee

I liked it haha it was gooodiieee
Teen, 14 years old Written bykally July 8, 2013

fun exiteing movie

I loved it
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bykaren hays July 8, 2013

best movie ever

this movie was amazing! I would let my little son watch it I believe it Is very ego boosting and wonderful.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydragonsrule July 5, 2013

Really fun caper, but focuses on wrong character.

Now You See Me had many good moments, and, in the end, these were what made it memorable. The magicians, despite their slight enmity towards each other, and their moral failings, were the best part of the movie, with magic tricks and gambles, witty banter, and suspenseful moments. As such, I was disappointed that most of the movie focused on the FBI agent who, frankly, seemed too much of an idiotic jerk to carry the movie. The magic tricks were clever, and the movie had a very good system of having you revel in the "magic" before letting you in on the secret, so as not to ruin some of the excitement generated by the tricks. There were a few sexual scenes, including a scantily clad girl climbing all over one of the magicians, two other magicians discussing sex, the mentalist uncovering a man's affair, and a brief shot of a girl whose breasts are covered by nothing more than hands. There were some disturbing bits (a man's sleeves get caught in a garbage disposal, a character seemingly dies in a car fire), but the main fistfight is actually really neat, as it highlights the use of magic tricks rather than simply being a full-on slug-fest. One of the other cool parts of the movie was the tricks of the plot -- which used the same misdirection the magician's employed in their show -- to create a surprise ending. However, the morals of the ending are definitely some of the worst in the movie: a man is wrongly left in jail, and you discover that the magician's scams have all been enacted for revenge. Also, I was pretty displeased with how the romantic situation left off. Henley, who was once control-freak Daniel's assistant but ditched him because he is a major jerk, finds herself (inexplicably) falling for him again; and, somehow (again defying all reason) Interpol agent Alma, is falling for FBI agent Dylan even though he was not at all nice to her, and, when drunk, took out some of his issues on her. The movie is very fun and entertaining, without many messages, but the majority of the movie focuses on a character who is too irritating and whiny -- until the end -- to be interesting.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

Amazing!

This movie is really good! The plot is well developed and thought out. There is quite a bit of swearing, and violence including a semi-scary car chase scene. Overall, amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 July 3, 2013

magician caper thriller is entertaining, thrilling, surprising, and a welcome from average summer fare

Teen, 13 years old Written byMarieva Walton June 28, 2013

Mind blowing, and out of this world!!! I loved this movie!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMidoShery June 26, 2013

The Movie is great!

This movie is great! With a great sense of humour and cool magic tricks and suspense. The fight scenes aren't gory at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 17, 2013

4 stars...

The beginning was probably one of the scariest parts. My 12yr old friend had to hide her eyes because she was terrified. I wasn't scared during the movie because I know it is all fake and no one really died. Anyone that likes bloody gore and magic tricks should definitely watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 June 16, 2013

Great Thrilling Heist/Action Movie!

Sorry for late delay. I loved this movie very thrilling, fun, surprising at every turn. (What Parents Should Know) Sexual Content: 5 . A brief make out scene, a man ask if a woman would like to have sex relief, a short kiss. Violence Content: 7 . *SPOILER* Gets killed, Magic fight scene (favorite part of mine), etc... (My Personal Thoughts) If you love thrilling and unique movies i totally recommend this movie! 4 and a half stars :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 9, 2013

Abracadabra, this movie is average

"NYSM" thinks it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve...but it comes out empty handed. I loved magic as a kid, I love Penn & Teller, even David Blaine to a certain extent, but this film failed to inspire. However, it's not awful, and when the Horsemen are delivering their awe inspiring acts, THAT'S when this movie shines.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Love it because of the thrill of getting away feel.

Amazing, nothing more to said. AMAZING!