All member reviews for Now You See Me

Teen-appealing heist movie has a few intense fight scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 September 23, 2013

Pretty good

the mardi gras part all of the people were not extras it was filmed during mardi gras and they girl without a shirt was just someone that wanted attention and the director decided to put it in the movie.............watch the bonus features I really liked the actors in the movie expecially woody harrelson
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!

Great movie one of the best movies ive ever seen in by life with a twist none can predict sensational amazing stunning and brilliant are just a couple words to describe this incredible film.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

This is movie is awesome! :D Violence, 12 & up: Violent car chase/crash, many of the scenes are intense and make you believe someone is gonna get hurt, and there is one "beat-up" scene. Sex, 9 & up, you see a man lift up a woman in a bra and panties and sets her down on a bed, and then he leaves. Topless woman for prolly at most 5 seconds. Language, 11 & up: D--k once, s--t twice, f--k twice, a-s seven times. Loved this movie! take your kids! cousins! friends! parents! anyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa September 14, 2013

Now you don't.

The first word that pops into my head when I finished this movie was "queer." Yes, a very queer film, this. The cast is very good, with the exception of Isla Fisher who was not on her game and really did a terrible job. Although really devoid of good role models/messages, the movie is a great popcorn flick that is hugely entertaining and fun to watch. I did, however, get the sense that they were trying to cram too much into certain parts, and this was slightly boring to watch. Parents should know that a character gets drunk, there is a decent amount of sexual content that includes A nearly naked woman astride a man and a lot of references to sex. Language, as well as some scenes of intense violence that include fist fights, hitting people with guns and a car crash that results in the killing of a major character and the explosion of the car might make it not right for younger kids. The characters include the Four Horsemen: A small time street magician, a pickpocket-by-magic, an escape artist and a mentalist. All four are very different and very interesting characters. Michael Caine is the cheating bank owner who gets his pay, Morgan Freeman a double-dealing magic informer, Mark Ruffalo a detective who just can't get his game on. Not much character development in the film, but it is hardly possible when the movie is made up of illusion after illusion and chase scenes. Shallow characters, yes, but not uninteresting ones. Cinematography was excellent, and the magic tricks were fascinating. There is also a very fun scene where the detective and the youngest horseman face off, which is a tasteful blend of magic and actual fighting skills. While overall a fairly predictable movie, the constant question of "who is the Fifth Horseman?" made everyone I watched it with think they knew exactly who it was, and there was a fascinating twist on the end that really made us all realize the truth of the movie's message: "The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see."
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Great Movie

A great thriller which had me always wondering what was going to happen next. It was a good film but I do warn parents of young children and people who are upset easily to be cautious since it does get pretty morbid at times and includes some VERY revealing outfits but all-in-all "Now you see me" is an exciting movie that will leave you wanting more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycait luvs bbc September 7, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!

It is my new favorite movie!!!!!!! You need to know that they use adult languages but not to bad a 9 year old watched half of it and was fine. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2013

I loved this movie and at the end when it explained it all, it seemed quite simple and the tricks seemed obvious but you should definitely watch it!!!
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2013

INCREDIBLE

I think the Content of Now You See Me is excellent. I saw it on opening day and it was INCREDIBLE! I love magic movies soo much. Kids would be lining up at the theaters for this movie. But parents, there is swearing and some drinking. The theme is inappropriate for little kids so beware parents.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2013

Awesome!!!

BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

goood moviee

I liked it haha it was gooodiieee
Teen, 14 years old Written bykally July 8, 2013

fun exiteing movie

I loved it
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bykaren hays July 8, 2013

best movie ever

this movie was amazing! I would let my little son watch it I believe it Is very ego boosting and wonderful.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydragonsrule July 5, 2013

Really fun caper, but focuses on wrong character.

Now You See Me had many good moments, and, in the end, these were what made it memorable. The magicians, despite their slight enmity towards each other, and their moral failings, were the best part of the movie, with magic tricks and gambles, witty banter, and suspenseful moments. As such, I was disappointed that most of the movie focused on the FBI agent who, frankly, seemed too much of an idiotic jerk to carry the movie. The magic tricks were clever, and the movie had a very good system of having you revel in the "magic" before letting you in on the secret, so as not to ruin some of the excitement generated by the tricks. There were a few sexual scenes, including a scantily clad girl climbing all over one of the magicians, two other magicians discussing sex, the mentalist uncovering a man's affair, and a brief shot of a girl whose breasts are covered by nothing more than hands. There were some disturbing bits (a man's sleeves get caught in a garbage disposal, a character seemingly dies in a car fire), but the main fistfight is actually really neat, as it highlights the use of magic tricks rather than simply being a full-on slug-fest. One of the other cool parts of the movie was the tricks of the plot -- which used the same misdirection the magician's employed in their show -- to create a surprise ending. However, the morals of the ending are definitely some of the worst in the movie: a man is wrongly left in jail, and you discover that the magician's scams have all been enacted for revenge. Also, I was pretty displeased with how the romantic situation left off. Henley, who was once control-freak Daniel's assistant but ditched him because he is a major jerk, finds herself (inexplicably) falling for him again; and, somehow (again defying all reason) Interpol agent Alma, is falling for FBI agent Dylan even though he was not at all nice to her, and, when drunk, took out some of his issues on her. The movie is very fun and entertaining, without many messages, but the majority of the movie focuses on a character who is too irritating and whiny -- until the end -- to be interesting.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

Amazing!

This movie is really good! The plot is well developed and thought out. There is quite a bit of swearing, and violence including a semi-scary car chase scene. Overall, amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 July 3, 2013

magician caper thriller is entertaining, thrilling, surprising, and a welcome from average summer fare

Teen, 13 years old Written byMarieva Walton June 28, 2013
Mind blowing, and out of this world!!! I loved this movie!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMidoShery June 26, 2013

The Movie is great!

This movie is great! With a great sense of humour and cool magic tricks and suspense. The fight scenes aren't gory at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 17, 2013

4 stars...

The beginning was probably one of the scariest parts. My 12yr old friend had to hide her eyes because she was terrified. I wasn't scared during the movie because I know it is all fake and no one really died. Anyone that likes bloody gore and magic tricks should definitely watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 June 16, 2013

Great Thrilling Heist/Action Movie!

Sorry for late delay. I loved this movie very thrilling, fun, surprising at every turn. (What Parents Should Know) Sexual Content: 5 . A brief make out scene, a man ask if a woman would like to have sex relief, a short kiss. Violence Content: 7 . *SPOILER* Gets killed, Magic fight scene (favorite part of mine), etc... (My Personal Thoughts) If you love thrilling and unique movies i totally recommend this movie! 4 and a half stars :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 9, 2013

Abracadabra, this movie is average

"NYSM" thinks it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve...but it comes out empty handed. I loved magic as a kid, I love Penn & Teller, even David Blaine to a certain extent, but this film failed to inspire. However, it's not awful, and when the Horsemen are delivering their awe inspiring acts, THAT'S when this movie shines.