Teen-appealing heist movie has a few intense fight scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 June 3, 2013

Now you see me now you don't

some kissing a girl takes off her shirt kisses danny but gets kicked out. a deadly car crash where you think someone dies. some bad words near the end. the movie was awesome but the ending honestly sucked.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

My FAVORITE movie

Now You See Me, is a very cool, very interesting movie! It's a fun movie. Cool effects and charismatic characters. Near the beginning of the movie, a girl is in her underwear and making out with J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg). A woman is briefly seen topless, nothing sensitive is shown. The language is pretty heavy, but most of it is mumbled. The "F" word is heard a couple of times. Then there are the usuals. There are some scenes that may frighten young viewers, but it seems worse than it is. A man gets his sleeve stuck in a garbage disposal. The two side characters get into a very cool fight, using magic. Over all this movie is okay for kids 10+. Good movie, good plot, good twists, cool magic. Now I wanna be a magician. Hmm. MOM WHERE ARE MY CARDS? :D
Adult Written bygggo June 9, 2013

Fun movie

Great for teens. Even pre-teens would be ok--except there is some bad language. A movie where you actually have to think a little and pay attention to clues in the movie. Lots of fun.
Parent Written byboneless711 September 21, 2013

Watch out for boobs

There is a scene that takes place during Mardi Gras where a woman lifts her shirt to show her breasts. It's very brief, but noticeable.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 10, 2013

Poignant, Intense Crime Fantasy Is Not For Kids, Fine For Age 13 & Up

Parents, this teen appealing fantasy crime drama from the director of "Insomnia" has popular actors and a harrowing storyline, but the violence, sexuality, and strong language makes it a better fit for teens. The story follows a talented group of Las Vegas magicians, named "The Four Horsemen, and one of their criminal tricks catches the eye of a CIA operative. Soon, the four magicians find themselves in an all-out war with the authorities, and must risk their lives to save themselves. Violence is not constant, but is strong when used. It includes a brutal car crash, fighting, kicking, torture, punching, slapping, head-banging, and some disturbing images including bloody faces and bloody attack scenes, and one supporting character throws up all over his clothes. Sexual content includes scenes of strip poker, a girl stripping and doing a pole dance, a girl stripping to her underwear and making out with her boyfriend, flirting, kissing, casual sex, and a woman is shown naked (bare breasts and bare bottom) in a nonsexual way. Language is fairly infrequent, but includes a few uses of s--t, f--k, b-tch, and one d--k. In the end, this violent and poignant crime fantasy is not okay for young kids, but fine for 13+. Rated PG-13 For Some Strong Violence, Some Disturbing Images, Elements Of Sexuality Including Nudity, And Brief Language.
Parent Written byShivom Oza July 14, 2013

Now You See Me (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – Just Not ‘Magical’ Enough

Director Louis Leterrier (of ‘Transporter’, ‘Transporter 2’, ‘Clash Of The Titans’ and ‘The Incredible Hulk’ fame) brings together distinguished actors (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Jesse Eisenberg) for this film, which revolves around the world of magic. The screenplay is crisp and fast-paced, and the performances are brilliant. However, the climax (with the supposedly unfathomable twist in the end) leaves a lot to be desired. However, ‘Now You See Me’ is very much watchable. It will keep you engaged through its duration of two hours, and the premise is quite interesting. Clichéd, but interesting enough! Four street-magicians, J. Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Merritt McKinney (Woody Harrelson), Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher) and Jack Wilder (Dave Franco), receive mysterious invitations from an entity named 'The Eye'. Four of them, who happen to vaguely know about each other, land up at the given address only to be greeted with an empty house laden with a few surreal objects. A year later, these four street-magicians turn into big-time stage illusionists in Las Vegas. Referred to as 'The Four Horsemen', the team is sponsored by Arthus Tressler (Michael Caine), who is an insurance magnate. The magicians decide to end this show by pulling off their biggest trick – a bank robbery. So, their volunteer is apparently tele-ported to a bank in Paris, where he activates an air-duct, which sucks up the money and transports it to the show in Las Vegas. FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) and Interpol Agent Alma Vargas (Melanie Laurent) are called upon to investigate into the theft. We are also introduced to Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), an ex-magician who makes money by revealing the secrets behind other magicians' tricks. Thaddeus goes on to play an important part in the film's story. What follows is a cat-and-mouse game between the law enforcement and 'The Four Horsemen'! The element of suspense is inherent through the film, as you can never figure out who the 'bad guys' are till the climactic moments. The magic tricks, pulled off in this film, are clichéd but presented in a lavish manner. Visually, the film is brilliant and credit for that should go to the people behind the production design, and the director. The dialogues, especially, deserve special mention. Concept-wise, the film had the potential to be way better than what it was. It falters at the moments where it matters the most. In films of other genres, if the climax of a brilliant film is a bit underwhelming, it is still forgivable. However, in a film like this, where a viewer's perspective can be overturned just by the ending, ‘Now You See Me’ leaves a lot to be desired. ‘Now You See Me’ is fairly entertaining. However, with a better-written climax, it could have been way superior. It's quite watchable though. Shivom Oza
Parent Written byAnn in Jax June 14, 2013

Great story, fun for the whole family

Our family saw this movie together (kids aged 13, 11 and 8). I remember the "scantily clad woman" - but don't remember that she was "astride" anyone (it went by very fast); We all LOVED it - especially the special effects on the buildings in NYC; Great story - was wrapped up rather tidily at the end, the car chase was exciting and I didn't think it was too violent or scary for my 8 year old. Our 13 year old LOVED it! Worth seeing again on DVD.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 10, 2013

Now You See Me should have been rated PG

This movie was AMAZING. Its so fun to watch and the magic tricks will amaze you. There is some violence but its very minimal and not graphic (one fight, and a car chase) There is some language as well as one F bomb and one very brief sex scene that shows a woman in her bra but it's nothing a mature kid couldn't handle or also they could cover they're eves ( it's only about 30 seconds) Don't let that spoil your chances of going because I'm very hard on reviews and I thought this was fine. Also, the movie sending couldn't have been better. I had high expectations for this.... and it totally delivered! You must see this! It left me amazed and it was so good, I saw it again!!
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2016

A fabulous heist film in my opinion, but some far-fetched tricks.

Now You See Me is a mixed-acclaimed film with an all-star cast. It can be suspenseful and intense at times, but nothing your teen can easily handle. A quadruplet of terrific magicians are invited to be part of the mysterious organization, "The Four Horsemen". Expect lots of violence presented in fight scenes. There is a car chase ending in a fiery wreckage where a major character is "killed", there is lots of battling with cards and fireballs, plenty of gun use and a scary scene at the beginning, where a woman seems to have been killed by piranhas, as the tank fills with blood (she is revealed to be okay afterwards). The sexual content is tricky to pin down. A racy scene at the start where a girl who the main character had just met started pulling off her own and his clothes on a bed, and heavily implying sex until the man stops her. A woman's breasts are briefly shown, covered by hands. A masturbation joke and stalk about sexual activities. Adults drink. There is some salty language, including s--t, assh--e and more. There are tricky role-models in this film, The main characters steal money from a bank at a magic show, and are captured by the FBI but manage to be set free. In another scene, they steal money from their sponsor, but it is to help Katrina victims. Overall, Now You See Me could do with more explanation of the basically unbelievable feats they perform, and for the sequel, I hope they make the tricks they do less far fetched.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg August 19, 2013

best movie of the year

favorite movie of the year. a combination of action, suspense and magic tricks with surprises at every turn. this movie will not cease to amaze you.
Kid, 9 years old May 29, 2016

Seven Steps Ahead

Now You See Me is the best movie I've ever seen. Although it does have a lot of bad words, and at one point a character is sucked toward a meat grinder and pulls away at the last moment.
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2016

Amazing film!

I watched this film the other day and I thought it was good but some bad things! For example...the word s--t is used quite a lot and there are a few fight scenes but altogether a great movie! 11+
Educator and Parent Written byLifes2short4badmovie August 19, 2013

Magic Fun!

Clever, especially how some scenes were constructed. My teen doesn't watch violent movies in general, so some of this was intense for them. Also, sex scenes were somewhat gratuitous. Ending predictable to watchers of suspense movies, but fun for unsuspecting teens.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

TERRIBLE MOVIE

this is utter garbage, I mean really this overall had no story. The acting was terrible Jesse Eisenberg talked too fast, Woody Harrelson was the only good actor. The twist was completely predictable, and it was just completely terrible. One of the worst movies of the year so far.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2013

Here it is, everything you need to know

Violence: Mild. Magicians use magic to rob a bank. Characters fight with everything from guns to cards to sinks. One car chase, but it has no blood. Sex: Mild. Some women wear revealing outfits. A hypnotist says references him being naked. Language: Moderate. Frequent use of "bullsh*t" "sh*t""a*shole" "a*s" "d*ck" "Godd*mn" "hell" "d*mn" and "cr*p". Product inplacements: low. Starbucks coffee is seen/drunk. Drinking: Mild. A cop gets drunk
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2013

Amazing movie

I am 11 and I loved this movie soooooo much. It had some violence, but an excellent plot. This is one of my favorite movies ever. Danny Atlas was my favorite character, I think.
Adult Written byaidans1 March 30, 2016
Brief scene where a girl makes out with one of the magicians Some language Some mild violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byWatchReviewCrew June 11, 2013

Great teen suspense film

I had been wanting to see this movie since I heard about it. I am into magic, and I heard Morgan Freeman was in it, so that excited me. When I did go see it, I was not disappointed. The magic tricks were entertaining, and the action was well done. The movie is talking about misdirection, when at the same time the plot misdirects you, which I enjoyed. The ending was a little anti-climactic, and could have been revealed to the audience more spectacularly. Some of the romance and kissing wasn't all necessary and the movie could've done without it. Overall though, I thought it really kept you excited to see what was next, showed and explained to you some amazing large scale magic tricks, and made sure that when you thought you knew the story, there was a plot twist waiting for you. A fun one to watch.
Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2016

NOW YOU SEE ME

great movie one of the best and cleverest movies ever. the reason i recommend 9+ is not because theres nudity or violence its because theres lots of language and the idea is for tweens 10+
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2014

Good flick for the entire family

We really enjoyed this movie as a family. There is some language, but I am having to teach the kids that they are going to hear it - need to ignore - and not use - otherwise we couldn't watch anything! One scene near the beginning where I covered my 9 year old son's eyes - no nudity, just more than I thought he needed to see. Some of the inappropriate things that were mentioned were honestly above his head. The story line is good, fun and action packed. We all enjoyed this!