All member reviews for Oblivion

Stylized sci-fi entertains; expect deaths, sexy stuff.

Adult Written byKenito12 April 23, 2013

Can't Hollywood be a bit more subtle.

Please be aware of a what I thought was a gross scene related to the releasing of the contents of one's stomach that was not presented exactly in a subtle fashion.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 April 21, 2013

Best Sci-fi movie in years!!!

One of the best movies I've seen in years!! I took my 9 year old son with me and we both loved it. Violence really not an issue. If your kids can handle Star Wars then they can handle thus movie. Only part of the movie that gave me any pause was the nice long lingering shot of a female's naked butt where nothing was left to the imagination! :-). Only other issue may be trying to help your kid figure out the twists as the movie goes along. My nine year old didn't quite get why some things happened the way they did but it didn't diminish his love of the movie.
Adult Written bySummer_Days April 23, 2013

Slow-burner combines with popcorn entertainment

This is not just a a visually striking film. A compelling story entwines the sweeping background of devastated Earth, where a drone repairman has to deal with more than just doing his job. We are aware of his dreams, as he tells the story bit by bit, creating a dramatic atmosphere where a slow-burning emotional drama combines with fascinating popcorn entertainment. Each of the actors provide brilliant performances, and I enjoyed Cruise's pensive yet sceptical approach without it being predictable. The twists themselves are understandably unpredictable and adrenaline fuelled which makes this sci-fi action film all the more exciting.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJordan123456790 April 19, 2013

Oblivion

I think it is a great movie for kids and my son loves Tom cruise and I think that it is ok
Parent of an infant, 5, 7, 10, 14, and 18 year old Written byJoejoejoejoe April 27, 2013

Ehh

He says **** you at the end but thats about it and nudity from back and very confusing
Parent Written bySam Donder October 6, 2013

Oblivion has minimal violence some partial nudity

Oblivion is another good movie starring tom cruise, but unlike most cruise movies Oblivion has minimal violence that is similar to Star Wars. The only thing not child appropriate a romance scene that has partial nudity and implied sex. Besides that this is a great movie for sci-fi lovers, because the plot is very original and isn't your normal post apocalyptic movie .
Adult Written bygabrieltnc April 29, 2013

Good Visuals

I had a fun time watching this movie! The visuals were very good, and Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman performed decently. The violence isn't bloody; typical sci/fi action. Let your mind go for a little while and expect nothing Oscar-worthy haha
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2013

Oblivi-"eh"-n. Sorry for the bad pun.

It's all right. It tries to be complex, but really, it's just a lot of exposition and plot twists. There aren't really any subliminal messages or deep meaning besides that it's better to die doing something wicked rather than dying like a loser. Not even kidding. That's just about it. Besides that, it's mostly just "Name That Sci-Fi Movie!". (SPOILER ALERT, SPOILERS AHEAD) Here's some examples: A.I. fighting against a secret society that wears black leather and sunglasses and is led by a famous African American actor who's the coolest one there is The Matrix, giant thing in space that holds people who will soon travel to another planet far off (well, moon in this case) is Dune, destroyed New York that is turned into a beach like area is Planet of the Apes, and so many more. (SPOILERS OVER) Basically, it's good enough, but in my opinion, not quite as good as the director's previous work on Tron: Legacy, which at least was original in design. Oh, yeah, and there's a naked lady who is shown in shadow and then lit up in a pool, but from a distance and in the waves when closer. But it's like, THAT CLOSE to full nudity. As far as violence goes, little blood, LOTS of explosions. Like, a Michael Bay level of explosion-y non-bloody violence. BTW, not to be spoiler-y, but lots of creepy clone-embyro things in an evil thing's base.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2015

Violent, creepy but awesome thriller is quite racy.

My rating:R for strong violence, nudity, language, and racy content
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeath11skull May 11, 2015

This movie was OK.

My rating:R:For violence, language, and disturbing nudity. Language is constant of sh**, and one F bomb. Violence is simple pg-13. Disturbing sexual scene earns this movie to be rated R. (My opinion)
Adult Written bysarge123 February 12, 2015
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 27, 2015

Post-apocalyptic sci-fi is flat-out boring

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

Great Movie!

I saw it with my dad it age eleven. It was not scary for me! But of all my friends, I am the one who does not get scared of movies. I really enjoyed it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

boring

language: 7/8 Characters say bit©h, sh!t and fu©k. Violence: 3/8 There is plenty of shooting and explosions. Sex: 1/8 A character removes her clothes to swimm. It is dark, but her buttocks are shown. She then jumps into a lighted pool, illuminating her duff.
Written byAnonymous October 12, 2014

Mature cruise sci-fi thriller has violence and sexy material

My rating:PG-13 for intense violence and action,langauge,sexuality/nudity and drug refrences
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 12, 2014

Poorly written sci fi movie

There is some shooting, and one use of f*©k. Before she goes swimming, a womans bare butt is exposed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOracleRift August 4, 2014

Nice sci-fi

Pretty good but when I first watched it I didn't really got the story, the second time finally got the story, there's moderate violence & nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written bytruetomovies April 12, 2014

boaring

boaring, awful and one of the worst. I am a big fan of tom cruse films but oblivion, gosh it was so boaring. just the whole thing was bad, the story, the action and other things. the only good thing about it was the end song
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2014

A memorable sci-fi fantasy world with a human heart at it's core.

Beautiful, stylish, and fantastic. Not a masterpiece, imagine the offspring of The Matrix, Moon, Independence Day, and Terminator. Truly stunning visual experience, don't judge it by its cover.