All member reviews for October Sky

Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 June 29, 2010

Rockets up for October Sky

It was good. This movie had very good highlights in it! Homer didn't care on what his father said. He continued to build rockets. In the end, his dream came true. Also, everything works out in the end.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Meh...

Am I the only one who didn't really like this movie? Well, I thought it was decent, wholesome family entertainment, but had a feeling of 'been there done that' to it. It's just another inspirational 'true story' kind of film, that's been done countless times before. But the main problem with 'October Sky' was the ending, which I found to be overly sentimental and rather corny, and caused some unintentional laughs from me. Overall, I thought this was an okay movie-mildly entertaining, and has a good cast, but far too sentimental, and the whole thing is more unexciting than inspiring.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

Some of my autism history and how i loved october sky

This is a really good movie. I watched it in Ms. Ridley's room at Grand Mesa Middle School. Yes, the cursing was not disturbing for me. I actually laughed every time they said "sh*t" cause the cursing was funny for me because of my Asperger's. My autism had changed over the years. I started out as severe. When I was 7, it was moderate. When I was 10, it was mild. When I when to Mrs. Robinson's therapy, I got the diagnosis of Asperger's.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2015

Really good!

I remember I was young when I watched this movie. I loved it. It was so sad and yet so powerful. It is the tale that will inspire kids to follow their dreams. Watch it NOW!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenMaple January 1, 2012

Inspirational

Great for tweens and teens. The main character is a good role model (and a real one) who works hard towards his goals despite obstacles, and it's encouraging for those facing their own hardships while trying to reach goals.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2011

A boring movie

I had to watch this in science class, and it was really boring! It had positive role models, too.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2011

So boring!!!

Well this movie was so boring. Bubbo, you are not the only one who did not like this movie. I don't like it either. I watched it in my classroom and I fell asleep because it was so boring. Not that funny. Duh, who wants to watch a movie that is too boring or unexciting. Not Me or Bubbo. Just watch a movie that makes sense!
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

They showed us this movie at school and its a really interesting one about three boys who make rockets but the rockets blow up and there are lots of fights. Also they say "son of a b****" and "d*mn" a lot
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 10, 2010

A Fine Movie for science class

After building and studying rockets we watched this inspiring film with a real young Gyllenhall and country accents to spare. See it, even though I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else apparently does.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubberSoul August 11, 2009

Perfect family movie, or just to watch by yourself! Best movie ever!

I absolutely fell in love with this movie when I first saw it. I saw October Sky 6 times, and never get tired of it! One of the best movies I have ever seen. Very heart-warming and inspiring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhurricane10 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byWayTooDramatic April 9, 2008

A great movie

This is an excellent movie, which is very inspiring. However, there are a few sexual references, and Homer and his girlfriend are shown in a steamed-up car. There is also some strong language for a PG.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

A definate must-see.

This is an inspiring movie that will move you and your children. It sends a powerful and good message about following your dreams. There is very little sexual content and some language, but nothing that should stop you from watching it...I highly reccomend it to everyone! Great for 11+

Best Movie I Ever Saw

I loved this movie, my 6th grade science teacher showed it to me just this year. We were doing a rocket unit was why, and I thought it was phenomenal.