Elegant adaptation of classic novel has mature themes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybram April 9, 2008

I almost cried!

of mice and men is a great movie about two guys: george milton and lennie small during the times of the great depression, California. lennie is developmentally disabled and verry strong, the combination wil alwais get them into trouble because he like's to pet soft things (to death). george milton is the smartest of the two and the smallest. the two togetter make some great caracters, with some great acting by john malkovich you would almost think that he is developmentally disabled. so it is devenatly a movie to watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written by37cas April 28, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byWIDICKFOOTBALL40 February 6, 2013

Of Mice and Men Movie

The movie Of Mice and Men is just a tad bit different from the book. The movie doesn't have quite the same ending as the book because it doesn't show the others finding George with Lennie already dead. Also when Lennie is in Crooks room, in the movie Candy doesn't come in to talk to Lennie about the rabbits but he does in the book. The movie isn't all that different from the book but there are some spots that are different. I thought that the movie was more explaining then the book was. The movie explained the story better then the book because it was easier to follow. I highly recommend the movie because it is a good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythosea February 6, 2013

Of mice and men movie review

The movie I think was pretty close to the book and so it was really good. There were some differences though, like in the scene when Lennie came in the barn with Crooks Candy was suppose to come in the barn with them in the book but in the movie Candy does not come in the barn with them. And another difference is Curley's wife has blonde hair in the book but she has black hair in the movie. And the last difference is the ending is different. In the book the ending is when George and Slim talk and everyone asks what is eating them two but in the movie it ends with George having a flashback of just him and Lennie. They also gave George a little more emotion than in the book. I think this is a good movie and I would recommend watching it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBigDon96 February 6, 2013

Of Mice and Men Book VS. Movie

The movie of mice and men is a great movie. It demonstrates great friendship between Lennie and George. If you read the book then watch the movie there are some differences that you will find such as The book sets up the plot of them on a train. Then The lead actress that played Curly's wife was a blonde in the book but a brunette in the movie. The movie leaves out parts of the book that you would clearly see for instance the part where Lennie is visiting Crook George comes to get Lennie but, in the book Candy comes to see him first. Lastly the infamous last line of the book was not stated in the movie. I would recommend both the movie and the book to anyone who enjoys something that will stretch all of your emotions.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarioMii March 27, 2012

I watched this movie after the book in English class

I really watched the movie after reading the book for English class. I had a lot of fun eating popcorn and drinking soda.
Parent Written byboomergage February 7, 2013

Great Book vs Great movie

This movie might make you cry. Depending on how you take this movie it can give a positive message. Don't think about what just happen you have to think a little deeper. I think this is a great old fashion movie that can teach you a lot. The book and the movie were a little different. When they found Curlys wife in the book she was buried under the hay but in the movie she was on top of the hay. They had trains and showed how they got kicked out of weed in the beginning of the movie they never mentioned that. They said they got kicked of the bus in the book but they didn't in the movie. The end of the movie was way different
Teen, 17 years old Written bySydney9 February 6, 2013

Movie Review

I think that the move followed along the book pretty good. There was a few differences though. In the book Lennie is suppose to be really big, but he doesn't seem that big in the movie. Another difference was Curly's wife in the book has blonde hair, but in the movie she has brown hair. The movie also cuts off the ending. In the book they find where Lennie and George were and they see Lennie is dead but in the movie none of that happens and George ends up on a train. I think the book and movie are pretty good. I am not sure I would recommend this to read in school, but it did catch the attention of my whole class and the people who don't like reading finished first. There is a plus of reading it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byraycar February 6, 2013

Of Mice and Men movie review

The movie does a really good job of sticking to the book. There are a few differences, but nothing too big. The ending of the movie is less confusing than the book. In the book they kind of leave you hanging and I think they do a better job not to in the movie. Personally, I liked the movie much better. In the book I thought George was cruel for doing that and he didn't have much emotion behind it. In the movie they portray his feelings so much better and we can definitely tell it was to spare Lennie, not to hurt him. I'm still not sure if it should be watched to school because of the violence and language but it's a good, emotional movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJb96 February 6, 2013

movie review

I think this was a good movie. I do think that other people should watch this movie. some of the parts that were different then the book was the end. they were not drematic about shooting Lennie. wile they were in the barn Candy never came in to talk about the rabbits with Lennie. I think high school kids should watch this movie.
Adult Written byMovieLover101 April 9, 2008

A timless Steinbeck classic.

Yes, I have read the book. The book was brilliant and the movie stayed true to the book. The acting was outstanding by two brilliant actors and the script fantastic. (Very true to the book) Easily one of my favourite films and books.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCopperAC09 December 8, 2016

This movie is GREAT. (sorry for any spelling mistakes)

My overall claim about the story is that its a very well written script and a good read for all ages. I say this because it has understandable language and not overly complex words. I feel that the directing of this movie was interesting because the director was one of the two main characters. (George). I also feel the movie stayed true to the novel in server ways. As a viewer of this film, i feel like the director nailed all the emotional scenes and intense action ones. This movie also did a good job in letting the viewer know why they left Weed. Also this movie captured and brought the american dreams of all the characters to light in letting everyone know what that character wanted in life. There are many differences between the movie and the novel Of Mice and Men. One is that a gun shot wasn't heard after candy's dog was killed, but it was definitely in the book. Second, when Lennie went back to the woods were george told him to go if he got in trouble he had a vision of his aunt Clara before George showed up. this wasn't in the movie instead they meet each other at the same time. Third, George never told all the men on the farm that he was going to kill Lennie himself with a bullet to the back of the head. I feel that in the movie this important scene was rushed. I feel that the novel tells the story better. i say this because the movie didn't have some KEY points in the movie that were needed. I'd reader this move as PG13 because there are some scenes with blood and violence. also a few people got severely hurt like Curley when Lennie crushed his hand. Another example is that at the end of the movie in clear image George pulled out a gun (a lugger i guess) and shot Lennie point blank in the back of the head. although there was no blood splatter, it did create a very sand ending to this move. There was a lot of cuss words in this movie. they used the term B**** and others like Son of a B****. in the end this move is great and i'd recommend this for ages above 13.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMohammed2002 December 7, 2016

Good movie

This was a great movie and it told the story well. The directing and acting was pretty good too, the actor, John Malkovich did a great job of portraying Lenny. The three strengths of the film were the acting, emotion, and accuaracy to the book. Some important differences from the novel are that the wife is shown more, some of the language is different, you can see the facial expressions, and and u can see what's going on. I think the movie tells the story well. I would recommend it to anyone 13 and up because of the violence and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysalad09 December 5, 2016

Of mice and men

My overall claim about the value of the film is that the book was transferred well into the movie.The directing and acting was good specially the portrayal of Lennie by John Malkouich because he took the character from the book and brought him to life. Some strengths of the movie are that the movie was realistic, it starts on the train and ends on the train and the whole movie is just a flashback of what happened in the ranch, there is also a flashback to show what happened in weed which is what made the conflict start.The film differs from the book on some important ways because Curly's wife was more involved in the movie,it showed the men working in the field but in the book they were mainly in the bunkhouse and another important difference is that the character of Crook's was downplayed from the book.I think the movie was better than the book because you could see what was happening.I would recommend the movie to be Pg-13 because it does have some scenes that may be inappropriate for kids younger than 13.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytorquewrench December 4, 2016

My review

I think that this was a great movie and people should definitely watch, especially if you have read the book before. I do think that you should be at least 12 before you watch this film because it has many adult situations in it. It shows people smoking, references alcohol, swears a bit including the "n" word, shows someones hand being crushed, and includes a women kicking and screaming in horror. I think that children below the age of 12 could be freaked out by what they could see in this movie. Overall though this was a great movie and I think followed the book well, making the correct changes needed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byghulam ali December 2, 2016

like ever when kids grow up to 18 the smoke and driniking ever you can get it

in my country if some one get touch a girl he go to the jail for 2 years like the movie of mice and man its good when get bigger don't fight with get permession from your parent and don't kill anyone work hard , never drink and never smoke.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOppop December 2, 2016

Review of mice and men

I liked the movie and found it very interesting about how they did the story to match the book. And I found it sad when he killed the puppy and it's tongue was out. It was violent when he killed curlys wife and shook her around. And when Lenny smashed curlys hand.
Teen, 15 years old Written by_j_m_p_ December 2, 2016

Of Mice and Men review

I think that this movie is very interesting to watch. There are lots of hope and dreams that are lost. As far as content there is a woman screaming being strangled, a blody fight scene, and a man gets shot in the back of the head. There is profanity such as use of the N-word, also there is smokeing. This movie is somewhat like the book the dialogue is for the most part the same. This is a great movie for people reading the book. It is also a very good movie just to watch.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNOname123 November 27, 2016

The best of John Malcovich!

Contains infrequent moderate violence, mild bad language and sex references. Sad ending, but still a beautiful movie. 5 stars without any argument, parental guidance recommended if your not under 11 years of age. The only thing parents need to really worry about is when Lennie crushes Curley's hand, some blood runs down his arm. Although the injury detail is undetailed.
Teen, 16 years old Written byERoe32 February 6, 2013

Of Mice and Men

With the book, this is an amazing movie. The movie is pretty much the same as the book, but it gives a little more emotion to the storyline. There are a few differences in the movie compared to the book, such as the ending of the book, but either way at the end it will make you teary eyed. The movie is by far the greatest film about two best friends.