All member reviews for Olympus Has Fallen

Patriotism and extreme violence in tense action flick.

Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2013

mot for kids

NOT FOR KIDS NOT FOR KIDS so what im saying is my mom said its not for kids
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Good but violent

Really want to see this But think it is not apprpoeate for kids under 13 because of the violence
Parent Written byDan G. March 28, 2013

Violent and Gory, People are Hurt and Killed and the Blood Flows Freely.

Assasinations, murder, torture, blood, gore, constant vulgar language. The only redeeming thing for teens in this movie is that there is no sex.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Like die hard but actually better

Olympus has fallen is my favourite action movie with no doubts it is just great, I think Gerard butler plays his role really well. The only thing is that this movie is very violent with extremely bloody and realistic shootings. I love this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylildee14143 January 9, 2014

I liked it a lot

Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Justice Has Failed

In my view the main characters would be Gerald Butler, as the secret agent, Aaron Eckhart, the performing president, and final but not least Finley Jacobsen, as the president’s son. They are the major characters in this movie shown the most in the premiere. Also to survive and keep America in saving terms. Directed by Antoine Fuqua, choosing these actors, I would think was a good choice. Produced by one of the characters, Gerald Butler, and Mark Hill. I have never seen other movies by this director but I am guessing they are as excellent by the one I have seen before. The main plot in observation would be, a North Korea terriost group attacks the White House (Olympus). Keeping the President prisoner, a secret agent is undercover, saving America and the president. Murdering people after people to get federal secrets. The secret agent is awarded for helping the additional agent save America. Taking the, the president and the safety of America, out of the white house. The main theme I would smack on this motion picture would be a suspenseful story and warfare packed- adventure. There is a rate of 5 in language. 1 being very good and 5 being very poor. A lot of shooting without doubt and a presentation of blood!! The viewer’s level I would prefer for this movie is Mature. Generally the most appropriate age for this movie would be 10 & older. Any age younger than 10 would possibly want parental supervision. I think movie selection was interesting to me. I really like the action and I think it was outstanding in that my looking is for action-themed movies. I would award “Olympus Has Fallen” two thumbs up for the cause that it left on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. If you love skepticism and mystery I suggest this movie to you!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvbro19 April 1, 2013

Olympus has Fallen

This movie is one of the best action movies i have seen in a while... While there is many violent scenes with language throughout, it is just a movie. It shows hom much one person would do for there country. I give this movie a rating of 5 stars because of the quality of the film. This movie is on pause for 13 year olds and younger because of the violence and language in the film.
Parent Written byElvis667 August 24, 2013

A great movie!

Now I come from a family who i very lax on what their kids are watching, I watched it and loved. My parents let my 10 year old brother watch it and he liked it. So overall the action was good and Its not that bad in the violence department.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 July 24, 2013

Violent but captivating

Olympus Has Fallen is a movie based on terrorists attacking and capturing the White House. Because of this, it is filled with violence, including mass murders, explosions, and killing and torturing prisoners. There are several uses of profane language, but nothing compared to the language in other movies. The acting and plot is excellent, and the cast includes Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Gerard Butler. Butler was very believable in his role of a former Secret Service agent who eventually managed to defeat the terrorist army almost completely by himself. There are many violent and intense scenes, which might frighten younger children, but teens and adults will love it. In the end, good defeats evil, the terrorists are stopped, and the White House is reinhabited by the U.S. Government and F.B.I. I loved this movie and will definitely be watching it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 May 21, 2013

Violence OVERLOAD! but great action film!

Olympus Has Fallen. A Film for older kids and a great action film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 8, 2016

My rating: R for strong violence and language

Teen, 15 years old Written bymarvelfreak August 3, 2016

terrorist invasion movie turns into repetitive and disturbing violence

Teen, 15 years old Written bythePrettyDead June 24, 2016
Teen, 15 years old Written byjackjackpot28 May 29, 2016

IS IT ALL CLEAR?

This movie is very violent lots of shooting and stabbing. The swearing is ok though
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2016

Thrilling and but un-original and bland but extremely violent and very gory action thriller.

This action movie is about a secret service agent named Mike Banning, who works for the president. Mike, and the presidents wife get in a car accident, some situations start to happen, and then the real story starts. Members from the North China/Korea government (or so we think) visit The White House to stop a war and start an argument. Mike and the president soon find out that they're actually terrorists wanting to blow nuclear bombs in Washington D.C. The president and other agents are kidnapped after a big attack on the white house, now it's up to Mike to disable those bombs, and get the president back. This action thriller is incredibly graphic and very gory. Characters are stabbed in the head, shot in the head and body, tortured, impaled, crushed by objects, explode and blow to bits, get their limbs blown off, or are shot on TV. Blood is extremely high and splatters, spurts, flows, and covers walls. A woman is shot in the head in an execution style murder, a dog is shot, a woman dies in a car accident, and tons of blood is shown. Terrorists shoot thousands of innocent people, and blood covers dead bodies. Certainly more graphic and gory then London Has Fallen. A woman is tortured/almost kicked to death, and extremely gory wounds are seen in a hospital scene, where blood covers dead bodies. Disturbing image of a dead 6 year old girl. A man falls from high buildings. Frequent strong language includes f--k, s--t, p---y, and d--k, but it's not constant or overly strong. This movie is exciting, thrilling, but doesn't have the smartest story line or character. My rating:R for strong brutal graphic violence throughout, and some language.
Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2015

Terrorists

I saw this movie on tv and it had deleted scenes. It is rated R in the theatre,but rated TV-14 when I saw it.too much violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2014

Just Gore

I saw this movie when I saw 10, and was fine with it. The main thing that might turn other children away is the violence. However, I have never really had a problem with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFilmguy15 December 4, 2014

Depends

This movie was very enjoyable however very violent but really didn't bother me at all... This movie did however have a bunch of F word's mostly coming from the main character and at one point the main bad guy kind of beat a women up trying to get a secret code from her. Anyways if your kids or teen are wanting to watch this I would just recommend letting them watch "White House Down" cause that movie is way less violent and only has like one F word.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavensFanMan July 8, 2014

good movie

Movie has a good plot and storyline. Not for kids though. Lots of swearing and violence including torchure and blood and dismemberment.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

bad movie

I think this is a horrible movie. Because they swear every sentence. And it was really cheesy. This is a big waste of time you can be watching better action movies.