All member reviews for Olympus Has Fallen

Patriotism and extreme violence in tense action flick.

Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2013

mot for kids

NOT FOR KIDS NOT FOR KIDS so what im saying is my mom said its not for kids
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Good but violent

Really want to see this But think it is not apprpoeate for kids under 13 because of the violence
Parent Written byDan G. March 28, 2013

Violent and Gory, People are Hurt and Killed and the Blood Flows Freely.

Assasinations, murder, torture, blood, gore, constant vulgar language. The only redeeming thing for teens in this movie is that there is no sex.
Written byAnonymous October 10, 2014

Olympus Has Fallen review

========================================================= Sex/Nudity: Margaret shows some cleavage. Mike jokes that Connor will get punched in the "nuts" if he doesn't put his seat belt on. President Asher and Margaret do brief kissing in a limo in motion at night. We see Mike in his boxers seated on the edge of his bed. 2.5/10. ========================================================= Violence: We see Mike sparring with President Asher in a boxing ring, with some blows delivered (but nothing too hard). As the Presidential motorcade travels away from Camp David at night on snowy roads, something suddenly hits the windshield hard and loud. That causes it to swerve and smash into the bridge's wall, as well as other vehicles to crash (including one possibly off the bridge into the icy river below). Once everything settles, we see the Presidential limo dangling over the edge of the bridge (through the broken wall), with Secret Service agents trying to hold it down on the rear, all while Mike tries to extract the First Couple. Margaret has blood on her head and Mike manages to extract President Asher by cutting his seat belt, but the car then goes over the edge with Margaret and at least two agents inside. It hits the ice -- roof down -- and quickly sinks. Fighter jets arrive to check on a C-130 cargo plane that's entered restricted airspace. Large machine guns are then revealed on the plane that blast both jets, causing one explosion in mid-air and another on the ground where one jet crashes into a neighborhood. As a result of the above, President Asher is rushed off while Secret Service agents arm themselves inside and atop the White House. A missile array also emerges on the top of that building, while the C-130 uses its massive machine guns to blast people (with some brief, bloody results), cars and more down on the ground in large swaths. The missiles are then fired, but end up exploding in the counter-measures deployed by the plane. The C-130 continues blasting away, causing cars to explode, while it also riddles the White House and agents atop the roof. Another fighter jet finally arrives and hits the C-130 with a missile. It then goes out of control with a wing clipping the Washington Monument before crashing into a fiery explosion that overtakes and kills several people on the ground. The top half of the Monument then collapses, with large pieces falling on those below it. Several vehicles outside the White House then explode, followed by armed militants attacking the White House from the ground. There's some striking of others in close contact, while many people are shot during the gun battle, and a RPG or missile is fired into a security booth, causing it to explode. During this, Mike is injured (his hand is bloody), but he goes on the attack, shooting various terrorists with his handgun. A police dog is let loose on one attacker, but is then shot dead by another (impact not seen). A terrorist sniper shoots various people dead, but that ends when Mike shoots her in the head (we see a brief blood spurt). The terrorists make it inside the White House where there's more hitting, slicing and shooting of others (with some brief, bloody results), while outside many additional people are shot (also with bloody results). Mike tries to help one agent who's been shot, but the blood is spurting from his neck and that man dies. The terrorists then deploy even larger caliber machine guns to blast and kill additional people, while a fired RPG blows up some doors and knocks three agents back, presumably killing them. The gun battle continues inside the White House, with more people shot and wounded or killed, including one who's severely riddled with bullets (with bloody results). More people are shot during the terrorist take-over of the White House, while President Asher is hit and then choked into unconsciousness. The South Korean Prime Minister is suddenly shot in the head. A hostage is executed by a gunshot and we see a pool of blood by her. After the initial attack, we see various dead and bloody bodies strewn about the inside and outside of the White House. Mike stabs one terrorist repeatedly. President Asher head-butts Forbes. Mike fights one terrorist, with punches and kicks exchanged until Mike gets the upper hand and delivers a kill blow with a large bust of President Lincoln. Kang has a switchblade and holds that to a general's throat to extract a secret code from him. Mike finds Connor hiding between the walls of the White House, but Kang's men figure that out. They then blast into the wall with machine guns, while Mike runs with Connor and fires his handgun back through the wall, hitting one terrorist. Mike sends Connor up a shaft to get the boy outside the White House, but must hide when a bad guy shows up. That man sees the shaft and goes there, but Mike grabs and chokes him and then breaks his neck. Up top, Connor makes it out and armed agents or police rush to get him to safety before any other bad guys spot him. Mike captures two bad guys and has them bound and gagged, wanting info from them. When one laughs instead, Mike stabs him in the throat, killing him (with bloody results). He then stabs the other man in the leg and we later see that man dead as well. President Asher is punched, while Kang hits Ruth, bloodying her nose. He then kicks her and she has blood from her mouth. He then grabs her throat, punches her in the gut and then face again (all to force her to give up the second code). Mike runs into Forbes, with the latter feigning that he's a victim as well (while we know better). Once Mike figures it out, Forbes throws something at Mike who then drives Forbes through a door or wall and onto a table that collapses. They then struggle over a gun on the floor, with that gun firing multiple times. The fight continues with various blows, while Mike avoids the knife that Forbes slices at him. Mike eventually gets the knife and stabs it into Forbes (who's now bloody) and, after a brief moment of talking, delivers a death below just off camera. Mike shoots several bad guys dead, with bloody results. Navy SEALs in choppers head toward the White House at night, something Kang and his team observe and they deploy a high tech weapon atop the building. Mike tries to call off the SEALs, but a general at the Pentagon refuses. The weapon then opens fire on the choppers, hitting one and causing it to crash. Shots are returned at the device, but to no avail as it blasts several more choppers, causing them to crash (and a man to fall from one -- impact below not seen). During this, Mike shoots another villain in the White House, but must then run to avoid being hit by a crashing chopper and especially its rotor blades that nearly hit him. Its crash causes a huge explosion, sending Mike falling through several floors until he lands hard. Kang executes the Vice President. Ruth is dragged out of the room and then told to walk out of the White House. She cautiously heads that way, with Kang then preparing to shoot her from behind. But Mike opens fire on him and his men, killing two and then another two, but Kang escapes. Hostages are placed onboard a chopper that lifts off, but then explodes in mid-air, with the fiery wreckage falling back to the ground (nearly everyone believes President Asher was onboard). One villain punches President Asher in the face. The villains blast a wall open. SPOILER ALERT: Mike shoots several villains and breaks one's neck, while President Asher hits some and struggles with Kang. That results in a gunshot hitting President Asher, followed by Kang and Mike getting into a hard-hitting fight, with many punches and kicks thrown and delivered. During this, Mike avoids Kang's knife, but then gets it and slices Kang who nevertheless gets control and chokes and kicks Mike repeatedly. But Mike then hits Kang, flips him to the ground, seemingly breaks a limb, and then stabs him in the head. 8.5/10. ========================================================= Margaret has some blood on her head following a car accident. We see some brief, bloody results as people are blasted by large machine guns from an airborne C-130. Mike's hand is bloody at the onset of the attack. A terrorist sniper shoots various people dead, but that ends when Mike shoots her in the head (we see a brief blood spurt). The terrorists make it inside the White House where there's more hitting, slicing and shooting of others (with some brief, bloody results), while outside many additional people are shot (also with bloody results). Mike tries to help one agent who's been shot, but the blood is spurting from his neck and that man dies. The gun battle continues inside the White House, with more people shot and wounded or killed, including one who's severely riddled with bullets (with bloody results). A hostage is executed by a gunshot and we see a pool of blood by her. We see many bloody victims of the terrorist attack in the hospital where Leah works, including one who's missing part of his arm. Mike captures two bad guys and has them bound and gagged, wanting info from them. When one laughs instead, Mike stabs him in the throat, killing him (with bloody results). He then stabs the other man in the leg and we later see that man dead as well. President Asher is punched, while Kang hits Ruth, bloodying her nose. He then kicks her and she has blood from her mouth. Mike runs into Forbes, with the latter feigning that he's a victim as well (while we know better). Once Mike figures it out, there's a fight, and Mike eventually gets a knife and stabs it into Forbes (who's now bloody). Mike shoots several bad guys dead, with bloody results. Mike pulls a bloody shard from his side. Mike and President Asher are bloody after the big final fight with Kang. Leah has the blood of others on her clothing from the ER. 8/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 38 "f" words (with another character seen possibly mouthing that word with the prefix "mother"), 13 "s" words, 12 hells, 8 asses (4 used with "hole"), 3 damns, 1 S.O.B. (and another incomplete one), and 6 uses of "G-damn," 3 each of "My God" and "Oh my God," 2 each of "Jesus" and "Jesus Christ," and 1 use each of "For Christ's sakes," "Swear to God" and "God" as exclamations. 7.5/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: Leah tells a nurse to give a patient some morphine (not seen being administered). 0.5/10. ========================================================= Smoking: Forbes smokes several times. 1.5/10. ========================================================= Olympus Has Fallen is an enjoyable Die Hard-style film and is definitely worth watching. I give it 6.5/10. =========================================================
Teen, 14 years old Written bylildee14143 January 9, 2014

I liked it a lot

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Like die hard but actually better

Olympus has fallen is my favourite action movie with no doubts it is just great, I think Gerard butler plays his role really well. The only thing is that this movie is very violent with extremely bloody and realistic shootings. I love this movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Justice Has Failed

In my view the main characters would be Gerald Butler, as the secret agent, Aaron Eckhart, the performing president, and final but not least Finley Jacobsen, as the president’s son. They are the major characters in this movie shown the most in the premiere. Also to survive and keep America in saving terms. Directed by Antoine Fuqua, choosing these actors, I would think was a good choice. Produced by one of the characters, Gerald Butler, and Mark Hill. I have never seen other movies by this director but I am guessing they are as excellent by the one I have seen before. The main plot in observation would be, a North Korea terriost group attacks the White House (Olympus). Keeping the President prisoner, a secret agent is undercover, saving America and the president. Murdering people after people to get federal secrets. The secret agent is awarded for helping the additional agent save America. Taking the, the president and the safety of America, out of the white house. The main theme I would smack on this motion picture would be a suspenseful story and warfare packed- adventure. There is a rate of 5 in language. 1 being very good and 5 being very poor. A lot of shooting without doubt and a presentation of blood!! The viewer’s level I would prefer for this movie is Mature. Generally the most appropriate age for this movie would be 10 & older. Any age younger than 10 would possibly want parental supervision. I think movie selection was interesting to me. I really like the action and I think it was outstanding in that my looking is for action-themed movies. I would award “Olympus Has Fallen” two thumbs up for the cause that it left on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. If you love skepticism and mystery I suggest this movie to you!!
Parent Written byElvis667 August 24, 2013

A great movie!

Now I come from a family who i very lax on what their kids are watching, I watched it and loved. My parents let my 10 year old brother watch it and he liked it. So overall the action was good and Its not that bad in the violence department.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 July 24, 2013

Violent but captivating

Olympus Has Fallen is a movie based on terrorists attacking and capturing the White House. Because of this, it is filled with violence, including mass murders, explosions, and killing and torturing prisoners. There are several uses of profane language, but nothing compared to the language in other movies. The acting and plot is excellent, and the cast includes Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Gerard Butler. Butler was very believable in his role of a former Secret Service agent who eventually managed to defeat the terrorist army almost completely by himself. There are many violent and intense scenes, which might frighten younger children, but teens and adults will love it. In the end, good defeats evil, the terrorists are stopped, and the White House is reinhabited by the U.S. Government and F.B.I. I loved this movie and will definitely be watching it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 May 21, 2013

Violence OVERLOAD! but great action film!

Olympus Has Fallen. A Film for older kids and a great action film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvbro19 April 1, 2013

Olympus has Fallen

This movie is one of the best action movies i have seen in a while... While there is many violent scenes with language throughout, it is just a movie. It shows hom much one person would do for there country. I give this movie a rating of 5 stars because of the quality of the film. This movie is on pause for 13 year olds and younger because of the violence and language in the film.
Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2015

Terrorists

I saw this movie on tv and it had deleted scenes. It is rated R in the theatre,but rated TV-14 when I saw it.too much violence.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2014

Just Gore

I saw this movie when I saw 10, and was fine with it. The main thing that might turn other children away is the violence. However, I have never really had a problem with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFilmguy15 December 4, 2014

Depends

This movie was very enjoyable however very violent but really didn't bother me at all... This movie did however have a bunch of F word's mostly coming from the main character and at one point the main bad guy kind of beat a women up trying to get a secret code from her. Anyways if your kids or teen are wanting to watch this I would just recommend letting them watch "White House Down" cause that movie is way less violent and only has like one F word.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavensFanMan July 8, 2014

good movie

Movie has a good plot and storyline. Not for kids though. Lots of swearing and violence including torchure and blood and dismemberment.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

bad movie

I think this is a horrible movie. Because they swear every sentence. And it was really cheesy. This is a big waste of time you can be watching better action movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

Bad Film that is Way To Violent For It's Own Good

Olympus Has Fallen is an incredibly violent action movie that really misses the mark in all categories. The cringe worthy violence is incredibly gory and doesn't fit the rest of the movie which seems like a lousy B movie at best. Characters are shot, tortured, bloodily murdered, and killed in a variety of ways throughout the film. A mother dies in a car crash in the beginning and this is incredibly intense. Many characters are executed and by terrorists on camera. Good guys, villains, and civilians are all murdered brutally on camera in a variety of different ways. The language is pretty intense including f*ck, shit, damn, hell, bastard, bitch, Jesus Christ, ass, and many other words. I think this is a poorly made movie and everyone should just skip it and watch the much better White House Down.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOne of the Good Guys June 18, 2014

Yes it's violent but.....

This movie is very violent and deserves the R rating. I'm 14 and I saw this movie in theaters with my dad when it came out. It's very similar to Die Hard, Under Siege, and Air Force One. This film has many patriotic messages and tells communism to shove off America's turf. This is a very enjoyable kick ass action flick that teens will enjoy.
Parent Written byPredatorman April 6, 2014

Good Movie

This was an awesome movie but it's one of those movies where when people get shot there is big blood mist's behind them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHoneyBadger March 14, 2014

stupid

this movie is filled with action and over the top violence, while the main character is VERY patriotic that is tho only good message the rest is stupid with a rushed script where at least 2/3 words are F*** or S*** and this movie does not live up to the hype but does live up to most of the bad reviews.