All member reviews for Olympus Has Fallen

mot for kids

NOT FOR KIDS NOT FOR KIDS so what im saying is my mom said its not for kids
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2013

Good but violent

Really want to see this But think it is not apprpoeate for kids under 13 because of the violence
Teen, 14 years old Written bylildee14143 January 9, 2014

I liked it a lot

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Like die hard but actually better

Olympus has fallen is my favourite action movie with no doubts it is just great, I think Gerard butler plays his role really well. The only thing is that this movie is very violent with extremely bloody and realistic shootings. I love this movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Justice Has Failed

In my view the main characters would be Gerald Butler, as the secret agent, Aaron Eckhart, the performing president, and final but not least Finley Jacobsen, as the president’s son. They are the major characters in this movie shown the most in the premiere. Also to survive and keep America in saving terms. Directed by Antoine Fuqua, choosing these actors, I would think was a good choice. Produced by one of the characters, Gerald Butler, and Mark Hill. I have never seen other movies by this director but I am guessing they are as excellent by the one I have seen before. The main plot in observation would be, a North Korea terriost group attacks the White House (Olympus). Keeping the President prisoner, a secret agent is undercover, saving America and the president. Murdering people after people to get federal secrets. The secret agent is awarded for helping the additional agent save America. Taking the, the president and the safety of America, out of the white house. The main theme I would smack on this motion picture would be a suspenseful story and warfare packed- adventure. There is a rate of 5 in language. 1 being very good and 5 being very poor. A lot of shooting without doubt and a presentation of blood!! The viewer’s level I would prefer for this movie is Mature. Generally the most appropriate age for this movie would be 10 & older. Any age younger than 10 would possibly want parental supervision. I think movie selection was interesting to me. I really like the action and I think it was outstanding in that my looking is for action-themed movies. I would award “Olympus Has Fallen” two thumbs up for the cause that it left on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing. If you love skepticism and mystery I suggest this movie to you!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBroadwayFan7 July 24, 2013

Violent but captivating

Olympus Has Fallen is a movie based on terrorists attacking and capturing the White House. Because of this, it is filled with violence, including mass murders, explosions, and killing and torturing prisoners. There are several uses of profane language, but nothing compared to the language in other movies. The acting and plot is excellent, and the cast includes Morgan Freeman, Angela Bassett, and Gerard Butler. Butler was very believable in his role of a former Secret Service agent who eventually managed to defeat the terrorist army almost completely by himself. There are many violent and intense scenes, which might frighten younger children, but teens and adults will love it. In the end, good defeats evil, the terrorists are stopped, and the White House is reinhabited by the U.S. Government and F.B.I. I loved this movie and will definitely be watching it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 May 21, 2013

Violence OVERLOAD! but great action film!

Olympus Has Fallen. A Film for older kids and a great action film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvbro19 April 1, 2013

Olympus has Fallen

This movie is one of the best action movies i have seen in a while... While there is many violent scenes with language throughout, it is just a movie. It shows hom much one person would do for there country. I give this movie a rating of 5 stars because of the quality of the film. This movie is on pause for 13 year olds and younger because of the violence and language in the film.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2014

Just Gore

I saw this movie when I saw 10, and was fine with it. The main thing that might turn other children away is the violence. However, I have never really had a problem with it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFilmguy15 December 4, 2014

Depends

This movie was very enjoyable however very violent but really didn't bother me at all... This movie did however have a bunch of F word's mostly coming from the main character and at one point the main bad guy kind of beat a women up trying to get a secret code from her. Anyways if your kids or teen are wanting to watch this I would just recommend letting them watch "White House Down" cause that movie is way less violent and only has like one F word.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRavensFanMan July 8, 2014

good movie

Movie has a good plot and storyline. Not for kids though. Lots of swearing and violence including torchure and blood and dismemberment.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

bad movie

I think this is a horrible movie. Because they swear every sentence. And it was really cheesy. This is a big waste of time you can be watching better action movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

Bad Film that is Way To Violent For It's Own Good

Olympus Has Fallen is an incredibly violent action movie that really misses the mark in all categories. The cringe worthy violence is incredibly gory and doesn't fit the rest of the movie which seems like a lousy B movie at best. Characters are shot, tortured, bloodily murdered, and killed in a variety of ways throughout the film. A mother dies in a car crash in the beginning and this is incredibly intense. Many characters are executed and by terrorists on camera. Good guys, villains, and civilians are all murdered brutally on camera in a variety of different ways. The language is pretty intense including f*ck, shit, damn, hell, bastard, bitch, Jesus Christ, ass, and many other words. I think this is a poorly made movie and everyone should just skip it and watch the much better White House Down.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOne of the Good Guys June 18, 2014

Yes it's violent but.....

This movie is very violent and deserves the R rating. I'm 14 and I saw this movie in theaters with my dad when it came out. It's very similar to Die Hard, Under Siege, and Air Force One. This film has many patriotic messages and tells communism to shove off America's turf. This is a very enjoyable kick ass action flick that teens will enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHoneyBadger March 14, 2014

stupid

this movie is filled with action and over the top violence, while the main character is VERY patriotic that is tho only good message the rest is stupid with a rushed script where at least 2/3 words are F*** or S*** and this movie does not live up to the hype but does live up to most of the bad reviews.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 6, 2014

Good patreisom but not a good movie

I can't believe I begged my parents to see this it's kinda disturbing the violence is over the top language has F$@k S--t A------ Ass Damn and more but it's a disappointing film The end
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2014

Violent but depends on your child

Olympus has fallen is quite violent with small amounts of blood coming from people when shot at, there are frequent uses of f**k and s**t but i am only 11 and I didn't feel uncomfortable at any point however during the middle there is a scene in a hospital which is quite graphic but it depends how mature your child is, I would say anywhere from 11-14 yrs old depending on mature ness and squeamishness.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

disappointed

soooooooo disappointed i thought this movie looked good but it empties out in to endless violence and language including f soooooo disappointed it looked good but it empties out in to endless violence and language including f__k s__t etc. watch white house down instead
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2014

Wait Till They Are Older

Wait until your child is older. 15 and older is my opinion for watching this movie. Yes, I have seen Olympus Has Fallen, and it is an awesome movie. The violence in it is very extreme and there are some, violently disturbing scenes in it. The language isn't a big deal to me because I've heard worse, and there is a frequent use of the F-word. It probably bothers most parents, so just saying, if you know your child will repeat whatever they hear, I don't recommend letting them watch this movie. I know people say sexuality is a tiny issue, but I cannot recall one scene in the movie where there is sexual content. Regular kissing is shown, but it is the same if your child sees you kiss your spouse as one might do when leaving their spouse for a while. Great movie, get to know your kid, if they know it is just a movie, it is a great way to start showing them more mature stuff. If they play Call of Duty, Olympus Has Fallen is just a live action CoD movie. There is blood when shot, and they curse just as much. Hope this review helps!