All member reviews for Once

Teen, 14 years old Written bytrebleclefjordan April 9, 2008

wonderful movie

This is a fantastic movie for everyone, and kids should definitely be allowed to see it. Trust me parents, they've heard this language already and it's not going to hurt them if they hear it 10 times in this movie. Once is one of the best movies of the year.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Beautiful

The most achingly beautiful film I have seen for some time. This is undoubtedly tied for my absolute favorite films of all time, along with American Beauty, Pan's Labyrinth, and some others (I'm a rather indecisive person when it comes to my favorite movie). The just plain simplicity and beauty in the film is amazing, and the songs are hauntingly mesmerizing, especially "Falling Away". With that one song the movie moved me more than any other movie ever has, and watching the two characters put it together quite possibly the highlight of the film. In all seriousness, you MUST see this film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysummersunshine_418 April 9, 2008

A really beautiful film.

I don't even know where to begin. This movie was extremely touching and so...real. The music is incredible and really heartfelt, and it would be a shame if you haven't seen it yet.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bymymembername July 24, 2012

Falling Quickly... For "Once"

As a musician and a lover of films and contemporary musicals, I found this movie to be incredibly heartwarming. It's a love story where the two leads maintain a respectful, appropriate on-screen relationship. The music itself is incredibly good and is so well-woven into the storyline, and sung with so much passion and warmth. It truly blows me away every time. What also blew me away was the incredible acting, done by Glen Hansard (as Guy) and Markéta Irglová (as Girl). What blew me away even more was that they were not experienced nor professional actors. Their scenes together have so much realism, it's like you're watching an actual relationship. I think it would be very educational for teenagers who are interested in seeing an example of a healthy adult relationship, not only that but one that they would want to have. I'm going to name the two tensest scenes in the movie: 1) The opening scene where a drug-addict attempts to rob Hansard's character, and 2) a tender moment between Hansard and Irglová's characters that quickly becomes uncomfortable when the well-meaning Guy rushes things too quickly. Regarding the profane language, I feel that it is not always the words that are too heavy, as it is the situation and the actors' take on the scene and the dialogue. We're dealing with some very emotional moments here, which may cause some confusion and discomfort to younger viewers who have not yet been heavily exposed to those kinds of situations (in regards to the two scenes previously mentioned). This movie is a true gem, and should be watched by anyone who might find this movie interesting or relatable. One of my favorite films.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWilliam C. February 1, 2011

It's called 'Once' because you can only watch it once ...

Totally CRAP! It was so boring and all the songs sounded the same.... Maybe they were all the same songs.... Don't know.... I have no idea how it won so many awards!
Teen, 14 years old Written byearthgurl January 21, 2011

Shouldn't be R!

More PG-13 than R, just a lot of language. Pretty good, kind of boring for teens at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazyNachoFreak October 28, 2010

17 and older only!!!

I'm 14 and i'm not able to watch this movie. Waaayyy to much language dropping the f bomb a whole lot. I'm just going off what my parents have told me hear but i can tell that it is deffinatly Not appropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 October 16, 2010

A Music Film that hits the right notes

That was a great film. The music was great i was like "Wow" My favorite in this movie is Falling Slowly. Lots of F-bombs but thats about it
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A Very Touching Film

This movie is the kind of movie that comes around once in a lifetime. When I was 10 I saw this movie, and even though it's R there is nothing to worry about. There is some use of the F-word, but you would hear that much F-words in 20 minutes in a 4th grade cafeteria. Everyone should see this movie. It's about a man who is a street performer that falls for a flower saleswoman and together they record a week's worth of music. The music is so astonishing and emotional that I almost cried when they played Falling Slowly. It's a romance about life, not sex. All in all, this is now one of my favorite films of all-time.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

great movie!! best musical ever! touchiness overcomes swearing

great movie, really touching, TONS of swearing though, if your my age. really doesn't deserve the R rating. The great emotional content in this movie really overcomes the swearing. Amazing music, but you have to get used to the Irish accent.(which takes about 30 minutes.) great, great is all i can say.
Teen, 17 years old Written byReginiaPhilangee April 9, 2008

such a sweet story

a great film with wonderful music and a great message. (just fast forward the first two minutes for language for younger ones and the rest is fine! some really young ones might find it a little boring)

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieFan April 9, 2008

"R"? You're kidding me, right.

I'm so glad my parents let me see this. Forget the "R" rating. There are probably at least six films I've seen this year that deserve it more. "Once" is a wonderful love story, with great music, particularly "Falling Slowly". Age reccom. 10+ (Don't worry about the "R".