All member reviews for Open Season

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2010

animal vs humen fights
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2010

I hated it, but little kids might like it. Overall, it's pretty lame.

Ok, I don't agree with CSM. This movie is NOT funny. Boring and lame, this movie has violence just to get more viewers. The violence isn't that bad, just some guns (animated of course). I personally hated it, but some little kids might like it, so I rated it 2 stars. Actually it's 1.5 stars. HA ha! Ok don't see this movie, or else you'll experience one of the worst animated movies ever. Most animated movies fail, but some don't, like Up, for example.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

I like it

I liked this part one much better than the other one.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2009

Good movie about a bear being released into the wild. Shaun the Hunter may scare young kids, but really something they will enjoy. Character figures are a bit crude though, they all look square.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2009

Not the Best But Worth Watching

Gross-out humor is plentiful in this film. Boog barfs on a window, snot is shown blowing out of characters' noses, et cetera, et cetera. I was kinda grossed out but I like this movie a lot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRatz January 25, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 4, 2010

Hated it.

I rather show myself naked at school then this crap.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2010

Sure to make kids laugh

This wonderful cartoon about a big bear is sure to make kids laugh. But i would say this movie is a little iffy for a 5 year old due to some brief cartonish vilonce that some 5 year olds mite find scary, Also so very mild language like butt and bummer,There is also some mild drinking by adults. But overall the movie is good and funny for kids.

Okay Movie but some Commcialisim

It's about a "tame" bear who is owened by a refu ranger but gets into trouble and is realesed into the wild. it tries to make it back home but he can't at the end he has a chance to go back home but he decides to stay in the wild with his animal friends
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008

ok

i did not think this movie was {the one to see} but i think that it was cute and good for kids 4-8 but other then thAT KIDS 9-13 they would not find it interesting but it did have its funny moments.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Best movie ever

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2011

Very awesome!

FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 7, 2011

Makes me feel good...

This isn't exactly a "spectacular" movie and is probably not Emmy-worthy, either. Still, I love it. The characters are funny (and definitely not annoying). It just has that "feel-good" tone to it. The film teaches that sometimes you have to let go of something you really love, which all kids will have to do one day, whether they like it or not. There is some violence: gun shots, explosions, etc. and some "over-the-top" humor, but not too much. The language is mild: "stupid", "idiot", "crap", etc., nothing your child hasn't already heard before. Basically, it's a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Inappropriate and BAD

Open Season may have an appeal to younger children, but trust me, they will be crying after 25 minutes. Tgere are lots of guns, bullets, and scary scenes. Language wise, there is one "crap" and many other potty words. Nonetheless, it's also not good. Don't waste your money on this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 30, 2011

Funny Film Your Kids Will Love

This is a cute kid's movie with some rude humor. Elliot is seen going to the bathroom and you see the results. Violence- guns are seen as it involves fighting hunters. Scary images- Boog walks into Shaw's house unknowingly and he sees various victims of his hunting. The scene where Shaw tries to find Boog may be a little intense . In the end we find out that wild animals belong in the wilderness and not with humans.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 27, 2013

Hilarious comedy for all-ages!!!!

This CGI comedy mixes two kinds of comedy: Slapstick and bathroom humor. All of this humor amused me. My greatest concern is if guns should be okay to be depicted in a PG-rated movie or a G-rated movie. Aside from the toilets, poop, farts, snot, spit and underwear jokes, kids can learn about hunting season. Plus, crap is used once in this movie. I'll never forget when Boog calls Ian a "panty-wasted cow".
Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

OMGOSH

This is like a movie for everyone!! i went to go see it with my two best friends and i was like the loudest person in there! even thought im a teenager even adults where in the movie theater! well i think every one should see this movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Not too bad, pretty entertaining but very forgettable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 18, 2009

good kids' movie

This movie was pretty good. not the best animated movie, but pretty good.