Intense relationship story isn't for kids.

Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2013

BETTER THAN JAWS

an amazing shark movie, way better than Jaws. Really enjoyed this, thought it was brilliant, I saw it when I was 8, I thought it was really scary. The scariest thing about it is that it was based on a true story. In real life they went back and they found the man and the women's bones.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV August 20, 2012
Teen, 14 years old Written bychallenger March 4, 2011
The point is that it is in fact based on a true story. So by clling the movie stupid, you are calling the real event stupid. There is some concern about the nudity, but the main concern isn't a concern, it's just that there is alot of gore and blood when the characters are killed by sharks and stung by jellyfish.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byeddie8108 July 24, 2010
sad stupid and scary
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2010

Open Water

Rated R FOR Language And Some Nudity
Teen, 15 years old Written bydirecterdude123 July 24, 2009

not as good as i thought it would be

If teens like intense horror movies then this is not for then. this movie is not about the horror it is about the married couples relationship. A couple is stranded in the ocean and they fight with one and swear. Because this movie is low budget the camera is bouncy but the acting isn't bad. The end of the movie is unexpected and horrible! and it is still not worth sitting through. GO ELSE WHERE!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfuzzykat805 April 9, 2008

ok

This movie I should nnnoooooooootttttttt have seen. I had nightmares that were really scary. The movie isn't too scary, But how you think about what will happen to the couple is the scary part. Every second that they are in the water you think they will die.
Adult Written byckallan April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysbdreamin April 9, 2008

Too scary for kids!

As a surfer, I try hard not to 'scare' myself silly with shark movies, but for some reason popped this one in the DVD. This is too scary for kids and will definitely give sensitive ones nightmares. Kids shouldn't have to be exposed to the terrible things that are highly unlikely to happen in life to them or their family. If you want a scary 'animal preys on human' movie, stick to 'Jaws', but don't let your kids under 15 watch that one either, unless you don't care if they ever learn to swim! On a cinematic value note -- this one could have been much better, just some better camera work could have made it more suspenseful.
Adult Written byForHim April 9, 2008

disappointing

This was one of the dumbest movies I've seen in a long time. It was so predictable. Basically the whole movie was about two people floating in the water. In fact, the fact that these two people ended up floating in the water was pretty far fetched. I was really disappointed in this movie.
Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

what happened?

I felt that movie drag on quite a bit.. i mean, they're floating in the water. Its almost pointless because you know the outcome. Don't take a kid who is afraid of the water!!
Adult Written bya_rayment April 9, 2008

this movie is so dumb...............

this movie is tarted there out in the ocean you know they are going to die so why make the time-wasting movie also it shows a guys you know which also wasnt needed oh also a womens anatomy so dont watch this movie
Adult Written byKrbbup April 9, 2008

Horrible Movie

At first I thought this was going to be like Jaws or Deep Blue Sea, but I was terribly wrong. The whole movie is full of terrible language, one clothing malfuction, and a horrible ending. Basically the whole movie is about two people (husband and wife) who go on a scuba trip only to be left by their scuba captain. The rest of the movie shows the two trying to stay alive as they are attacked by sharks and other sea creatures. The ending is the most disturbing part. The husband dies because he lost too much blood (shark bite) and then the wife drowns herself. So all in all, if you want to see a good shark movie, watch Jaws. This is NOT a kids movie.
Adult Written bysharksjaws1 April 9, 2008

Stupid stupid stupid stupid

You do not want to watch this movie!!! its so idIOTIC!!!!!!! if you thought this would be like jaws boy your wrong!!!! In the end the women drowns herself (im pretty sure she feeds herself to the sharks) DONT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!