Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Paddington 2

Charming, heartfelt sequel entertains, inspires compassion.

Adult Written byBecky Bob S. January 15, 2018

Sweet entertainment for ALL ages!!

Loved this movie!! Story line was sensitive and caring with excitement and humor. You will fall in love with this polite thoughtful caring little bear. I truley did not want the movie to end. Took 7 kids they all loved it!!! I can't wait till number 3!!..why it's rated of I dont know.

Adult Written byNassim M December 28, 2017

Sweet and soft and full of laughter

We liked this better than the first one as there was no crazy lady chasing Paddington to kill him! Recommended for all family members kids and adults.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byKelly.Caiazzo January 25, 2018

Some funny bits, but scary plot better for adults (incarceration, loss of family, near drowning)

Wanted to love this, and there were some really funny bits, but my 6 year old almost had to leave the theater because he was scared and anxious. Very adult problems like near drowning, being locked up away from family and feeling forgotten, threats of violence from fellow prisoners... yes, it all ends up ok, but it was an unpleasant movie for my 6 year old to sit through and he didn't enjoy it because there was so much anxiety and tension that it couldn't compensate for the funny bits. Made me wish for kid movies that had kid problems, rather than plots that would be better for adults.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMelissa J. January 20, 2018

Much too intense for my 4.5 year old

The age recommendations on this movie were all over the place, so it was hard to say whether it would be OK for my 4.5 year old. A friend with a kid not much older than ours recommended it, so we decided to give it a try. I would say that was a mistake. It was much too intense for our 4.5 year old. It was actually nearly non-stop intensity. Usually when a movie is intense and my kid expresses a concern, I can tell him to hang in there for a minute or two and it would get better. That is definitely not so with this movie. It seemed to jump from one intense moment to another, with very few non-intense moments in between. We officially left after an hour, but that was after spending 15 minutes in the lobby, taking a break to see if it would be less intense when we returned. It wasn't, so we left. I have said that this movie would be good for 8 and up, but it's hard to say whether that's even accurate. It's weird; it seems like by the time a kid was old enough not to be scared by this movie, s/he probably wouldn't want to watch movie about a bear.

Adult Written byAnne E. January 14, 2018

Lots of fun for kids and adults. Not too scary or tense. Positive messages about extending friendship and trust to others.

I worried that this would be too scary for my sensitive 6-year-old daughter (we've had to leave Moana and Frozen), but I need not have. This was a gentle movie, but with enough action and tension to keep it entertaining. I was also pleased by the positive messages about including others. I rarely enjoy kids' movies, but I loved this one!

Parent of a 9 year old Written byKaitis1Mom January 14, 2018

Paddington finds the good in everyone

My 9 y/o, my sig other, and I watched Paddington today. Kaiti (9 y/o) didn’t want to leave the theater afterwards. She wanted to see Paddington again! Very sweet, funny movie. Humor is found by both kids and adults. Characters from the original are back, including the Brown family, Mrs Bird, Mr Gruber, Mr Curry, and the man from The Library (where Paddington accidentally sent a baguette thru the pipe and caused a huge crisis on the original movie). They are joined by many new faces throughout the neighborhood and London. I don’t recall any foul language, nothing sexual on screen (an unmarried couple appears fully dressed [in pajamas] at the window at midnight when Mr Curry awakens the neighbors on the Browns’ street). There are very good values shown: the importance of being polite, of friendship, and of never giving up when you set a goal. While you don’t have to have seen the first Paddington to understand the second, previous knowledge of the first movie is helpful, as 2nd doesn’t spend much time getting to know the characters’ personalities. I, also wouldn’t have minded seeing Paddington a second time today, although I do think the original Paddington was better. P2 is definitely worth seeing for anyone who enjoyed the first!

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byBeckie I. December 28, 2017

Too scary for little ones

My youngest son absolutely loved the first Paddington film and was really excited to go and see this one. However he was very upset by this film, especially when Paddington got sent to prison.
Adult Written byMing M. December 15, 2017

Funny British film starring Hugh Grant

Paddington 2, starring Hugh Grant, is a very funny comedy animation film that is sequel to the film Paddington. There is not much here, but it can be a bit intense at some parts. I highly recommend this movie for 8 years and older.

Adult Written byVioletJean April 26, 2019

Absolutely delightful

This movie is funny and entertaining for adults and kids. My 4 year old daughter (who is sensitive to scary stuff) has watched it over and over again. Highly recommend!
Adult Written byMsberann April 23, 2019

Absolutely adorable, just like the first movie!

I surprisingly absolutely loved the first movie and the sequel did not dissappoint! It has just the same charm and innocence just like the first movie! Again it has some dark scenes too, but they put in a lot of charm to it, a little bit more than in the first movie, and it work's really well. And the action scenes and the collaboration between live action and CGI animation is once again very interesting to watch. There isn't really anything wrong with it, Paddington is once again a wonderful role model for young kids. And the soundtrack is even more beautiful this time. Once again a perfect family movie for many generations to come!
Adult Written bykristinacarrera March 11, 2019

Cuddly fun

My daughter loved this movie! They managed to make a prison plot warm and fuzzy. If your child already has ideas of what prison is like, it might be scary for them. There’s some action/peril, but if you guide your kid through it it’s not very scary. I skip past the ending but where Hugh grant and the Browns have a climactic battle.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMrGz January 4, 2019

Adult Written byKramella2 January 1, 2019

Fun movie with good teaching

Great movie as I think since it talks about racism and how the local community can accept members from different community.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byAmusedPink August 23, 2018

Intense and not for young kids

The movie was recommended to us and we went with a friends family. All the kids were confused and upset when he was sent to prison. The movie while having little violence is way too intense for young kids. Great for adults and older kids with great message.

Parent Written byCriticus August 18, 2018

Paddington Gets Out of a Sticky Problem

After the rather delightful, marmalade-heavy original hit back in 2014, it was only a matter of course that a sequel (or two?) would be promptly rustled up in ensuing years. Well, it was worth it. The tone and overall content of Paddington 2 fits like a glove with number one, presenting a different if suitably similar story, complete with new well-cast heroes and villain. Although predominantly a family-centric movie, Paddington 2 poses objections like in subject matter and gravity to its' predecessor - that is, crude comments and an overt New-Age mentality. Mr. Brown practices Yoga (a fact referenced more than once); Jonathan Brown thinks acting "cool" is very important (he later sort of renounces that); Mrs. Brown wants adventure, and is shown in a swimsuit; Mary Brown apparently wanted to become a nun, but according to the narration "got over that"; the Browns visit a fortune-teller at one point, ect. Another awkward episode of cross-dressing involves a villain who dresses as a nun: he is spotted, and is repeatedly referenced as an "attractive nun". A man misunderstands and believes somebody is commenting on his looks when someone says "nice buns". Language is light (blooming, one oh my ***, screw, ect). Peril is at perhaps a new high in this adventure, including near-drowning, a trapeze lady falling to her death, and other general low-impact violence, again, similar to the first Paddington. Apart from the above (along with anything I may have missed!), Paddington 2 is a really fun adventure, popping with bright colours and spirit. It arguably exceeds the first movie, building successfully on the foundations already laid. It's refreshing to see a suitable family-oriented film, in an age of R-rated adult releases.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byVegmum July 12, 2018

Fantastic family film

My 3 year old loved this film, nothing scary in it but the prison folk appear intimidating at first before they befriend Paddington. This is very mild and is actually meant to be funny. This film is great for all ages, adults too!! My 8 year old loved it also.

Parent Written byJennifer G. May 31, 2018

Delightful family friendly movie

This was a wonderful movie the entire family enjoyed. Not to much peril, but enough excitement to keep you interested. We all laughed and stayed in our seats!

Adult Written byAbby M. April 1, 2018

11 year old

I thought it was amazing it was just an awesome idea and a good way of having paddington become friends with his prison mates .

Parent Written byAngelica76 February 12, 2018

Really Good!

As a parent, I really enjoyed the movie, as did my son. Good family movie.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byN P. February 10, 2018

Great movie for all ages

My 4 year old daughter enjoyed the movie and giggled during the funny parts. My 10 and 12 year old also enjoyed the movie.