Kid reviews for Paddington 2

Charming, heartfelt sequel entertains, inspires compassion.

Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2018

Paddington 2 Review

Adorable sequel promotes bravery, and seeing the good in others, in the cutest way possible! I'll admit I've already seen it twice! With the same main cast from the original, adding in some more lovable characters, Paddington 2 focuses on Paddington on the hunt for a birthday present for Aunt Lucy's 100th birthday, and sees and item at Mr Gruber's he's especially attached to, but finds out it costs an awful lot of money, so he tries to earn wages to buy it, but then a mysterious figure steals it, and when he is alerted, Paddington tries to catch the thief, but ends up being put in prison, with a bunch of scary men! Can Paddington change these men, and escape in time to get Aunt Lucy a present? If you enjoyed the first installment, you will LOVE this one! And my mom said it was nice to see Brit actor, Hugh Grant, who played Phoenix Buchanon, the main antagonist, in a different light, so Hugh Grant fans ya' may be in luck! The other casting choices were perfection, including Ben Whishaw as the voice as Paddington, who just suits him so well, and your little ones will surely adore his kindness and cuteness! If your like me, having the original film as one of your favourites, you'll have this one be one of them too! I give Paddington 2 5/5 stars, and say it's ok for kids ages 5+.

Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2018

Funny and cute

It was fun to see Paddington go to jail and figure out that Nuckles and his 2 acquaintances are funny and not as intense as they seem. Spoiler alert,there is a scene after the first part of the credits.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylouisa14 January 19, 2018

the best movie ever

Paddington 2 is really good and i would recommenced families to see it

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperkid1 January 28, 2018

Paddington 2 is amazing!!

I just saw this movie yesterday and it was so wonderful! I can see how it got a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes! I love the number 2 just as much as the original! Paddington 2 is about how Paddington is trying to get the perfect gift for Aunt Lucy's 100th birthday. He finds the perfect gift- a pop-up book of London, but it is a lot of money so he tries to find a job so he can pay for it. But before he gets enough money a thief steals the pop-up book and instead of the thief going to jail Paddington does! I think it had a lot more funny scenes than the first one. My favorite characters were Nuckles, Phibs, Spoon, Paddington, the Browns and Mrs. Bird. I also liked Phoenix Buchanan a lot better than Millicent- the previous villain. I liked him better because he didn't try to hurt Paddington unless he got in his way but she purposely tried to stuff Paddington. And I liked the scene after half of the credits are done. It's really funny so you should try to stay for that! Go see Paddington 2 if you loved Paddington!

Teen, 17 years old Written byDogandcat January 19, 2018

I like the movie this movie ever

I like the movie this movie ever

Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2018

Really great movie

It is such a good movie, I really enjoyed it. Would highly recommend to children 5 and up or mature 4 year olds.

Kid, 12 years old February 25, 2018

Great for families!

I think Paddington 2 is a great, funny movie. Paddington is a very enjoybable bear that pleases the audience. Love was put in the movie which makes it amazing!

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2018

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2018

It is creepy in the jail of london

I watched all the movies & I love them. I know there is a lot of violience but I cried when his aunt visited him finaly! :)

Teen, 17 years old Written byPipeCine March 11, 2018

Possibly the best movie sequel of a family live-action pic in a long, long time

Be honest. Did any mortal keep the hope of a critical and commercial success over a work focused on, almost fully, a bear coming from the "darkest and most remote place of Peru", who ended up involved in a myriad of jams in the UK? Statistically, the optimistic list was really reduced. Within this amount of loyal followers were the executives from sexual-harassment accused Harvey Weinstein's company, who decided to bet on it, giving the green light to this fish-out-of-water adventure centered on the unforeseen incidents of Michael Bond's naive and inherently funny animal. In January 2015, we had the chance to get into a movie theater to witness a film that enjoyed a recognizable British anatomy, driven by the overwhelming talent of Sally Hawkins, Nicole Kidman, Peter Capaldi, the fantastic Ben Whishaw and, of course, the hypnotic and fascinating skills of each member of the creative crew, who had as a captain and principal responsible for the placid surprise that turned out to be the feature film, he's Paul King. With "Paddington" could unfold, with certainty, a hypothesis about the real cinematographic experience, in other words, a film is truly surprising, generally, when it produces sudden good emotions and, at the same time, manages to leave the poor expectations behind the seat. What was predicted as a sure disaster, ended up being a warm and charismatic story about love, the importance of family, ingenuity and honesty, a work that resonated at the box office and critics like no one expected and partly thanks to the original eye of Erik Wilson and the entire artistic team, as well as the plausible performances by the main cast. So the first film got to generate enough expectation and interest to set a sequel in motion, having behind them a dangerous BAFTA nomination, forcing them to put all their efforts in the next flick. Returning with the same director, writer and most of the cast and crew, "Paddington 2" joins the anomalous kind of sequels that don't derive in annihilating crushers, because it enhances the best features from the first installment and condenses them into new qualities, becoming it, again, into a film brimming with personality and attractive, an ideal choice for the whole family, while giving the luxury of boasting of being one of the most razzle-dazzle and fresh visual eccentricities of the year. For your consideration: This sequel has been nominated for three BAFTAs, period. In the latest installment, Aunt Lucy is the main plot actuator. Not for nothing is who, along with Uncle Pastuzo, open the film, narrating how they got our charismatic jungle bear. Her birthday present, a burdensome and didactic book about London, becomes irrevocable MacGuffin, given that it's a simple and ingenious alibi to display the achievement of humorous and dramatic set-pieces, which abound in the film. Around this simple but charming theme, a material sample of love, Paddington will be involved in a tragicomedy of major proportions, where he slides from a hairdresser to a window cleaner, from a prisoner to a fugitive, obviously, under a characteristic PG-rated and naive filter. First of all, the new installment inserts, in my opinion, a female predominance that is a little synthetic, forced and purposeful to the issues of today's women and men equality. In the opening scene, it's not papa bear who executes dangerous feats, it's Aunt Lucy, who proves to have enough guts, up to there a generous honor, however, all female sub-plots in the Brown family become erroneously comic: swimming an entire ocean or writing a men-free newspaper? Really? Fortunately, the excessive female empowerment ceases from there, and perhaps it'd have worked better if this cool load had been distributed throughout the film, the saturation of the onset didn't help at all. Moreover, the script is not exempt from showing stereotyped and traditional versions and failed comedy moments, but, they're, luckily, limited, opening the way to the eccentricities that enable it to be a family film, probably, belonging to the best of the best of the new century. As most of the supporting plots lack a solid and credible identity, writers Simon Farnaby and Paul King opt to deposit all their narrative inventiveness in the protagonist's central plot, since, in the end, it's he who must be under the spotlight, of course, an action made possible by a three-dimensional antagonist. Hugh Grant stands in for the main role in the scenes where the bear is missing, because this villain, a funny character and peculiar enough not to surpass the barrier of the absurd, makes possible the gratifying amount of comedy situations and justifies, eloquently, the progress of the story and its corresponding junctures. The acting power not only lies on the antagonist's shoulders, we also receive charming and juicy interpretations from actors such as Peter Capaldi and Sally Hawkins, creating a dynamic pace and a fluid connection with the audience. It's important to dedicate a whole paragraph to the unexpected humor of the feature film because supported by elements previously mentioned such as cast or artistic inventiveness, it manages to be one of the best shaped, most virtuous and functional comedies of recent times. It's known that within the feasible "Paddington" movie franchise, the comic factor rests mostly upon the shoulders of the dewy-eyed bear, because of this we see how, amusingly, different jobs pop up through the life of the animal. With all the different variables and combinations for comedy genre, the film chooses to put one more physical and boisterous in scenes where the nice protagonist is usually the architect, in the same way, it's evident a dynamic and sincere collective charm that always derives from the interaction between the characters and the leading role. Likewise, the screenwriters are perceptive enough to interweave every funny moment with subsequent situations, in other words, the characters or actions, they perform without intent, are generally part of a humorous range bigger than the achieved with a single scene, a better result. On this occasion, the vivid colors, an innate feature of the first film, return, however, it differs, radically, because they don't end up being cloying, Erik Wilson knows how to endow a film focused on a defined-personality animal, clearly, supported by a source of inspiration, however, this doesn't devitalize the enchantment and strength of a world that makes speeches through the visual landscapes with aplomb about hope and union. A major achievement is the artistic section of the work, it's dazzling and laborious the way in which they avoid ridicule moves even having pink-dressed prisoners, a family with extravagant garments or a metropolis with serious wrapping but colorful content; every little feature is visually coherent as a whole, a polychromatic whole. It's a huge victory for family comedies. Added to the handsome cinematography, it seems incalculable the number of special effects responsible who took an active part in the film, however, based on their work on specific scenes, it's possible to give approximations with full conviction. While in the first installment, they projected at the beginning and at the end of the story how the life of each of the members of the family develops as a group, jumping from one room to another as if it were a mock-up, the second entry pushes this resource beyond, it introduces visual-narrative techniques to make the progress of the story more energetic; beautiful, entertaining and imaginative mini-interventions thanks to the painstaking work of the editing and art crew. A special mention deserves the homage to films of past decades, inserting sporadic musical set-pieces that reach their top with the appearance, in flesh and bone, of the band in the scenes, an interesting, respectful and extremely nostalgic tactic. No wonder, Paul King's "Paddington 2" returns to the top, materializing splendid visual wills and proposing important teachings, operations that allow it to be a compelling film for general audiences; A creative and deep-felt comedy that means a real event because it vindicates the poor quality of the most recent family flicks. As a motion picture, it borders on the critical perfection and commercially has become a moderate hit, however, the true victory of King's movie is to conceive one of the best cinematic adventures about love, family and, could not miss the peculiarities of a charismatic kind-hearted bear; creatively surprising and narratively dynamic, we welcome a feature film that is truly worth paying for, without noticing its smell of marmalade.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2018

So good

We watched this at school and it was so funny, I was laughing my head off. It also has touching moments and sad, scary scenes but it is not that scary or sad. It's a really good movie. Paddington does go to prison which might scare some kids though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPhoenix buchanan August 7, 2018

NAME

IT'S A GOOD MOVIE BUT WHY THE NAME :*(

Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2018

Such a cute movie for all ages

Just about the cutest movie ever! Loved it :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieguy78 November 10, 2018

Paddington 2 - Review

Paddington 2 is the sequel to the first movie that came out in 2015. The first Paddington movie was phenomenal. So, could the sequel pull it off as well as the first did? Yes, it does, and the sequel is even better than the original. This movie is perfect! But... Is it appropriate you might ask? It sure is! This movie contains some violence, but its all very mild and at times comedic. For Sex and Nudity, some kissing that's it. For Profanity, None. Positive Messages and Role Models - 9/10: Paddington is the BIGGEST role model in this movie. He's friendly, adorable, honest, and most importantly he never judges a anyone, he always as they say in the movie "see's the good in everyone". Overall, I think Paddington 2 is appropriate for ages 5 and older.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHorseLoverSpirit August 10, 2018
As good as the original, with funny humor and less violence.

Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2018

good but kind of sad

It is a good film but my 4 year old brother cried because it was either scary to him or sad.

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2018

Some Action, But Great Family Film

Paddington 2 was a pretty good sequel. I rate this six+ like Common Sense Media because of a few things. Some of the parts, such as Paddington going to prison, chasing the thief, and thinking his family forgot him may scare young children. The villian’s disguises may be a scare. To distract the villain, Judy and her brother record a woman saying “Nice buns” (about the food) and play it in a phone conversation with the villian. Since there are no buns around, the villian assumes the woman is talking about his butt. Still, I would recommend this to families. Paddington always brings in themes of compassion and love, and I respect the opinions of the reviewers who say this is too scary, but do not agree with them, because I feel like the first movie was scarier.

Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2018

Better than the first

This is a funny film about a bear for families with young kids. I enjoyed this film because it was entertaining and enjoyable.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 March 1, 2019

So cute, hilarious, and so so much more

Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2019

Great seqaul better then the first one.

Such a good fun and family friendly movie although this will mostly appeal to the younger crowd it will also be great for a little older kids to. Nothing disturbing or scary, nothing sexual.