All member reviews for Pain & Gain

Violent, stupid, offensive, unfunny "true crime" story.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byMadMamaK April 26, 2013

Bad Review

I just wanted to say how ridiculous and asinine Mr. Anderson's review of this movie is. Sir, this should have been an informational article not an editorial. You act as if the movie was made for children using adult material. The movie was not in any way intended for a youth audience. Get off your high horse. This movie was not made for children, don't review it as if it were.
Parent of an infant, 5, 7, 10, 14, and 18 year old Written byJoejoejoejoe April 27, 2013

Good movie

As long as they know t word c word v word w word and sl word
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 April 29, 2013

Funny story of just how greedy and stupid people can be

This movie has dismemberment and a bit aviolence, but not too much. Constant swearing, and tons of sexual content throughout. Drug use scattered, overall a mature movie. It is funny, and I think well done.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoker87 May 8, 2013

Pain and Gain

A violent funny crime film. Just make sure the movie is right for your kid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeffrey9789 January 21, 2014

a film that is okay but not a buy

pain and gain is about three body builders who kidnapped a rich guy to steal his money. Pain and gain is an okay film it had some funny moments but I don't call this film great I think if you rented the film you wouldn't be bored out of your mind but I just don't think I recommend it so If you are interested in this film just rent it
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovie fan HDR September 2, 2013

Pretty good , funny ,yes but not for kids

Pretty good movie with a lot innappropriate content. might not win an Oscar people who thought it was-pretty good I go with them .there is a lot of language thiat is freaquently used. Like f-k s--t a--whole a-s d--k b---h son of a --- you know. C--k c--c f-g t-ts c--t p---y h-ll d--n p--is h--o s--t b---h gunshots in clouding knives .a backfiring kidnapping and more. This is nothing for little kids frequnly women showen in bikinis nudity and lots of sexual content that's no role models and none messages . The movie is not even appropriate for 16 +.not for kids no one . Lots of weapons.very crude but pretty good!
Adult Written byIrene007 August 26, 2013

A Suggestion To Common Sense Media

Pain and Gain is obviously not for kids; it's R-rated. However, this doesn't mean the movie is terrible. It can be funny for those who don't take everything seriously and can understand satire. I appreciate Common Sense Media's review on this, but it would be better if the website or any of its posters would be unbiased and just give us the facts (like what IMDB does) and let us decide whether we should check out a movie. A one-liner "Violent, stupid, offensive, unfunny "true crime" story." is so unbiased.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bytks7799 May 23, 2013

Terrible Movie!

This movie is a waste of time and money. I was only able to tolerate it for about 20 minutes. It is a crude, disgusting, and poorly acted movie. Definitely not for children--rated R for a very good reason.
Parent Written bypfcs May 11, 2013

wasted money

anyone with any sense of values should not see this movie. i walked out after about 15 minutes. i like the "rock' and mark walberg, but they should be ashamed for making this movie. it was not funny or a murder story, the director should never make another movie. another director probably could have made a movie out of this story. j. hibbert
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovieboy321 May 3, 2013

Funny but off-color material

Funny but has lots of sexual content. Bloody violence, and strong language The drinking and drug material wasn't that bad but the repeated language was like project x let only mature teens and kids see
Teen, 14 years old Written bytylerdrake September 9, 2013

pain and gain

this movie is good but very violent and innoproriate
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2013

Stupid and too much violence and sexual content!!!

Pain & Gain is stupid and funny depending on your humor. If your kids want to see this, remind them about the sexual content in this film that is used in the real world today! 3.75/10 - OK
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 29, 2013

Innapropriate but funny

It's awsome but to mutch language like plenty of uses of f-k s--t d--k a-s a--whole p---y cr--t c--ck b--ls t-ody b--ch, and mutch mutch mutch mutch more . Sexuality and nudity like bottoms and breast and bikkini clad women almost through out. Very disturbing bloody throuout a lot of innapropriate violence throu out violence gun drug stores cops a man is ruined over by a car. I warn parent . It's a really hard rated r , but easy nc -17.but funny. A girl in a club is shown in bra panties but then a guy flirts with her later pours mustard on her breast.consuming beaches models ford cars are shown.drinking throughout and drugs.
Parent Written byjball72 April 27, 2013

Please don't waste your time!!!

This movie isn't fit for adults to watch. It shows sex and strip clubs It shows drug use (cocaine, steroids) It shows a lot of sexually toys, dolls, and etc They constantly talk about religion and Jesus but not in the right light. It's not worth your time, they added a lot of sexual content into this movie where it didnt fit at all. This movie is crude and crass and wasnt worth the time spent driving to the theater. I'm still confused at how any of these critics gave this movie anything positive. Its just not a worth while movie to watch. It's a horrible story followed up by a Worse Movie!! It was just a bad plot where they thought adding sex toys and drugs would fix the lack of talent. This movie is not fit for any children, please dont take your children here, its not fit for most adults.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2013

Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2015

Lol

Its a lol film
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 March 6, 2015

Insanely violent action comedy is actually Bay's best film!

Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and some other dude star in this one-of-a-kind action comedy! This is actually a very good movie, it has good acting, a clever script, and a very well chosen cast. plus we can't forget the direction! I highly recommend this movie, but if you don't like bloody violence and very crude humor, you won't like this movie.
Parent Written byCamisita May 29, 2014

Disgusting waste of a movie and talent of Mark W. and Dwayne J.

DOn't even bother renting or buying as a family, or as a adult for yourself. We recorded it on our DVR as we are a big fan of Dwayne Johnson. We couldn't believe that he did a movie like this. We couldn't stand anymore after 15-20 mins and had to fast forward through 2 sex scenes in the beginning. Bad language, too much sex, not much plot. Women are treated as sex objects or objectified as women, seemingly having no brains, goals, etc. and that they are only there for the benefit of men. Disgusting!!! DOn't remember much else, was disappointed and didn't continue. Shame on you producers, crew, actors, and writers for working on such a film.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur May 15, 2014

hilarious crime comedy

saw this the other day on Netflix and it was so freakin funny, I was laughing A LOT, as soon as the rock showed up and the sun gym trio got assembled, that's when the movie really becomes laugh out loud hysterical, and my only complaint with the movie is that I would've liked more action since it is a Michael bay flick, but what action was there was fun to watch
Teen, 17 years old Written bykenwi January 8, 2014

Very stupid..... not acceptable!

My brother Shawn told me I may not allowed to watch. That's why kids are not allowed to watch "Pain & Gain". HOW VERY DUMB!!!!! x-( x-( x-( x-( x-(