All member reviews for Pandorum

Relentless, intensely violent sci-fi chiller isn't for kids.

Adult Written byMovie Man October 3, 2009

What Starts Out as an Alien-Esque Sci-Fi Horror Turns Out to Be a Sci-Fi Masterpiece with Novel Twists and Turns!

I loved this movie; it was fantastic! It was terrifying, action-packed, and the acting was fantastic. And the twists; they blew my mind. I saw a few of them coming, but the big ones were the ones that blew my mind. The final twist made my jaw drop. PARENTS: This is not for kids; it is utterly terrifying and spine-tingling, with a constant sense of doom; there are multiple jump scenes, followed by strong, vicious violence and gore. On a possitive note, the main hero never loses face and pulls through in the end, despite astronomical odds. This is a very scary, well-written, well-acted masterpiece; and the jump scenes will leave you clawing your seats and loved ones and looking around your shoulders continuously. Beware; the good sign of well-made suspense is making the audience know when the jumps are coming, yet the audience jumps anyway. I knew when the jump scenes were coming, yet I jumped out of my seat. Bravo. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Adult Written byuytt2 October 29, 2009

rent it

this movie looked cool in the trailer bu it kind of sucked nobody really acted well and i also didnt get the plot rent it becuse it might scare you at some point
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2010

Favorite movie of all time.

The movie itself was great, as soon as I watched it I wanted to start it again. The plot had more twists than Universal Studios' Dueling Dragons. Gore: Pretty bad, stabing, monsters biting chunks out of people, decapitations and needle in the eye at one point (They close-up on this). Though it's pretty dark throughout the movie, making it a little less visible. But not much less. Language: On and off F's, a few scatered S**ts and B*****ds, and other smaller curse's. Terror: I(13) and my brother (16) watched this with our mom, it didn't scare us but our mom covered her eyes for most of it. It was a very dark movie throughout the movie they're ttrapped in a ship with horrible monstermutant/alien things, cannibles and darkness with a reactor about to blow and cause them all to die. But the hero always try's to help all survivors he meets. Other: No smoking, drinking, drug abusing, sex, or commercialism. I just wanted to say, forget all of the above and just rent it, it was the best movie I've eever seen and my mom and brother agreed it was in their top 3. For those of you worrying about a horrible ending: It has a happy ending, but I will say no more.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

Definetly watch it

Really exciting sci-fi thriller. Some children could get scared by this because theres lots of parts to make you jump. So many interesting twists especially at the end. If you get the oppurtunity to watch it you should!!!! I am so glad i watched this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 November 10, 2011

Read

Rated R: Strong Graphic Horror Violence, A Scene of Underclothing, and Strong Language
Adult Written byMicahGA April 15, 2011

Pandorum: The Virus Is Just About As Bad As The Movie

Pandorum is an interesting film. The plot and story line are not bad at all, however the move can get boring after a while, for there is only so much you can do with vicious creatures and a few humans on a space ship in the future! The movie lacked any positive messages; in fact, it lacked messages alone! No message here. The violence is absolutely disturbing. Everything from humans being sliced open to talk of cannibalism. I felt as if this movie was nothing more than a film to pacify those out there who just like to watch terrible acting and gory story lines. This movie is absolutely not for kids, older kids, tweens, teens or adults for that matter. This is not because it was disturbing, but because it was just simply, not a good film. I would give the director a pat on the back for showmanship, but nothing more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byuncharted4ever December 23, 2010

good movie but for mature kids

this movie is great but scary there are some parts that are bloody there is one part where the aleins stuck a spear the the mans head an blood just came gushing down an theres this other part where this guy stuck a needle into a mans eye an they show it in there an there is a lot of swearing
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2010

Entertaining and Suspenseful

A decent horror movie. I would recommend it to anyone who is a sci-fi or horror fan. Suggested MPAA rating: R for strong horror violence and gore, terror and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod June 29, 2010

What are all of u talking about?!

This was a great movie, that I thought would suck. Ever since the original Alien, the setup and concept has been redone( quite terribly, I might add ) over an over and over again. Pandorum is the exception. First off, what's with all the "dark tone," and keeping u w/ a sense o dread" crap in the Violence section? First of all, u wanna see dark? Go see Watchmen or The Road. Second, of course it keeps u with that scared feeling! It's a frogging horror film! An third, those two things shouldn't even be IN the Violence section! They're more fitted to be in th negative messages. Now, Dennis Qaud did WAY better than he did in G.I. Joe, Ben Foster did good for a leading role, and the script was good. Now, violence is bad. People are shown w/ their stomachs ripped open, stabbed in the eye, a slit throat, ad a few stabs in other places. Also, the creatures are stabbed, cut in the head, blood or black ooze is usually seen drooling from their mouths, and they are blown up. Also, ppl are ripped apart( we see nothing ), and are flown across the room. Sex, cleavage. A lot of cleavage. They only had one girl, but dang. And I don't approve of nudity in movies, but that's like being in front of a Wal-Mart where everything is free, but ur banned. If ur not gonna show nudity, then don't show so much dang cleavage! Also, brief mention of the alien monsters "breeding." Language, about 5 or 6 uses of f*ck. And some other minors, including one usage of "g*dd*mn." But all-in-all, really good movie, don't know what u guys r talking about, really dark, and TERRIBLE language. It's not the worst out there. Seriously. The best horror I've seen in a while, go check it out.
Teen, 13 years old Written by8colony8 May 26, 2010
Exept for all the swearing (wich was pretty bad) it's great. My dad watched it first then I watched it with the sound off and he narrated. There was just a couple scenes I couldn't watch (because of gore) There's one scary scene where the main characters are locked in a room with a demented cannibal and he is telling stories (accompanied by creepy pictures he drew on the wall) about him being the only human in the universe. Some scary images, too much swearing, good action and suprise/happy ending. might scare kids, and the language isn't appropriate for anyone
Parent of a 9 year old Written byShellB September 30, 2009

Good movie, but certainly not for the kiddies.

I enjoyed this movie, but i wouldn't take my son to see it. Teenagers would probably be ok though. There are some frightning sceens, so judge by your childs maturity level. some 13 and over may be ok with it.