All member reviews for Panic Room

Extreme suspense, graphic violence; not for kids.

Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2010

This movie isn't scary, but not appropriate for 11-

I'm a 10 year old girl, I went to my 11 year old friends house for a sleepover and wanted to watch a horror, her mum gave us Panic Room to watch, at first I was paranoid about the rating (R 18+) but I sat down and watched, best movie ever, next to Twilight of course! It wasn't scary, a little gory, but not scary, I loved it, it had me cracking up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byModa October 12, 2010

I loved it :)

I really loved this movie! The number one thing that i liked about it was the fact that it wasn't too scary. Some of my friedns really dont like scary movies and they were fine with this one. But having said that it was very violent! It was actaully really gross, some violence included: two people being shot in the head, someone brutally beaten, a man atacking a women, and a child repeatedly stabing a man with a handfull of needles. Another issue was also the language, the robbers spent most of thier time swearing , mostly the use of the F word .
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Good Psychological Thriller

This movie was nothing like what I expected. It will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Adult Written bySwiftyROCKS097 November 23, 2012

Is it suitable for teenagers?

Last week my 15 year old son asked me if he could watch this movie. As a cautious parent, I told him I would watch it, and decide if he is mature enough to watch it. While watching it, I noted all the profanity, and violence. There is quite a bit of swearing, and very little(for a suspense movie) violence. I told my son, I thought he was mature enough to watch it. But, you know your kid better than I do.
Parent Written bycommensense111111 June 19, 2012

Scary for Kids

My daughter is obsessed with Kristen Stewart and is trying to watch all her movies and she wanted to watch this one but I know she gets scared of movies easily, so I told her I'd watch it first. I ended up not letting her watch it (she's 13) because it freaked me out a bit. I mean they broke in and it was scary and I can imagine my daughter having nightmares about that. I told her she wouldn't like it because for kids, it was scary. Not to mention, the language was awful! Curse words especially the F word were repeated constantly, even by the 12 year old girl, which isn't a positive role model for my daughter. I wouldn't let your child watch it until they are 17+ because it IS an R rated movie for a reason. It will scare children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover August 21, 2010

Ok...

I really like the movie in all. But they just ruin the movie when they put in bad words!
Adult Written bySamanthaWurm January 20, 2015

My Review For Panic Room!

Panic Room is about a mom (Jodie Foster), and a child (Kristen Stewart), who move into an old house that has a panic room. Well, that night burglars break in, and they know that the mom and daughter are in the panic room and won't leave until they come out or let them have the money they are looking for. There are some very intense scenes, including a hand gets smashed in the panic room door, someone is getting kicked and punched, and there is some shooting involved. There is also a lot of swearing! Including the "f" word several times and the "s" word several times.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymhubble2 September 19, 2013

Awesome for 13 and older

I am 13 and pretty mature, I loved this movie and think that it is great, however not for children under the age of 13. I was going to show it at my Halloween party. but I don't know how my younger friends would react
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovielover2569 January 21, 2013

15 And Up

Panic Room was a fantastic movie. It has some violence, constant suspense, and a lot of F- Words. Good for teens 15 and up.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

its up to the kid if there at least 11 if they can handle it

this is ok for 11 and up ya the lanuage can be a problem for younger kids but i think by age 11 we have heard that kind of lanugage before and we know not to repeat it. the violence if ur kid is at least 11 then it should be up to them if they can handle the violence and the blood. if ur kid cant handle it then they will turn it off themselves trust me. Who better to know when kids can watch then a kid we know ourselves better than our parents do. the reason why i put good role models is because one of the people who break in to the house u can tell that he doesnt reawlly wanna hurt these people, that he doesnt really wanna be here that he feels bad for the people that hes hurting hes just desparate for money. but in the end i think he ends up helping the family and when the police come he takes his punishment cause he knows he deserve it. great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxPurplegurlx February 6, 2011
Perfect movie for those that love intense and crime movies. Should be okay for a 13+ though strong language is used, sometimes by a 12 year old girl. Violence; including guns and a beating and others. Some drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 30, 2010

Don't Panic! Its not that bad!

I loved this movie, it was exciting, and the mother was smart and prepared to take care of her child. There is blood, violence, and bad language, just as a fair warning.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhorseys101 November 22, 2009

teens or older.

omg i saw this on tv last night, great movie. i hate action, but i was bouncing up and down in suspense. I LOVED IT yall, it wasnt scary, just blood on a old guys face, and him being beaten. i almost peed my pants
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster February 19, 2013

good movie for 14 years old

it's a great movie only if you want a real thriller and no violence you will not like this so much it's not realy scary but it is violence a some times their are 4 scenes for 14 and up but the movie is nice.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 31, 2014

Ehhhh

Panic Room is not a bad movie, don't take my review as that, I just did not enjoy it as much as others. If you like suspense/home invasion films it doesn't get much better then this. A lot of unnecessary f-words and less of other profanities. The violence isn't too frequent, but is pretty bad. Some shooting, some blood, 1 man gets beat up almost to the point of death, a man gets burned and a man gets his hand stuck in a door he is clearly in a lot of pain. Besides that, there is one suggestive talk scene, but it really isn't that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Panic Room

This was an amazing movie, but there were several scenes towards the end that were extremely violent, and could be disturbing to some people. Also, there was a lot of swearing. I'd say this movie is to intense for all kids 12 or younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloitsme May 22, 2016

Panic Room

This movie is quite interesting and doesn't really have anything really bad in it. There is some violence in it but nothing early teens can't handle but there is a lot of swearing. And I mean A LOT.
Teen, 16 years old Written byguiseppeb February 6, 2016

Panic Room

It's an okay movie. I honestly don't care to elaborate.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

Suspense! ;)

This movie is definitely a great thriller, It keeps you on the edge of your seat! There is A LOT of bad language, like 'f--k', 'b--ch', 'sh-t.' It is literally said almost every second from when the robbers get into the house. All they do is swear at each other. But it is a very good movie, I recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolio79 March 8, 2010
ehh....its an ok movie but the thing that annoys me sooooo bad is the f word!!