All member reviews for Paper Moon

Tatum O'Neal's smoke- and booze-filled caper.

Parent Written byworldlydad2011 June 14, 2011

terrible piece of trash

I thought this movie was a terrible piece of trash that portrays the worst kind of moral relativism. My problem isn't the language, drinking or smoking. I've practice plenty of all those things. My problem is with the glorification of lying, cheating and stealing. The co-stars are bilking widows out of money at a vulnerable time, and egging each on to con nice folks. Yes, the movie was beautifully filmed and the actors did a nice job. No, this movie is not for families, or anyone else who is interested in honesty, virtue or consideration of others.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybabalu12 April 9, 2011

A Great Representation of the Great Depression

I really, really love this movie! It is one of the most accurate representations of the thirties. There is quite a bit of smoking (including by a young girl) and drinking. One of the main characters is a con artist, and there is quite a bit of vulgar language, but nothing terrible. All in all, it's a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

Haven't seen anything better

This is so much fun--and hilaroious!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAshar_Mark September 1, 2010
Normal viewing, not harmful to watch if you see it from a positive angle.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 June 28, 2010

Really funny and fun to watch!

funny! I really liked it! It was sooo funny but i was surprised a 9 year old was smoking frequently. They steel illegal alchohol and take advantage of people who are mourning. Woman is payed to have sex. The 9 year old says things like "s***house". I had a hard time figuring out the money cons haha math during summer! Not violent really. Despite the Black and White, It's great! So don't let the colorless camerawork make your kids not want to see it. They will enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck March 6, 2010
some language but tons of substance