All member reviews for Paranormal Activity 2

Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 3, 2011

This movie was very scary!!!! See first one, its better! Some violence but nothing that a teen cant handle!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng April 29, 2011

Not that scary

Paranormal Activity 2 isn't as scary as you might think. It is often difficult to tell what's going on. Concerns might be swearing and some violence, including a man having his neck broken and a woman being slammed into a wall. However, this will terrify young kids. Suggested MPAA rating: R for language and some violent content
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 10, 2011

mature

I watched like 4 weeks ago as a dared with 5 of my friends,at the beginning as was kind (I heard it's one of the scariest movie of all time)the movie seen so reall the attack were suprising but not violent,if u don't mind the language and some scary scene,watch it I forgot this MOVIE IS SCARY AS HELL
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreFan09 February 19, 2011

A great starter horror movie that won't gross out your kids

This was a great first horror movie for me. It's scary and freaky, but there's almost no gore (which is great for more squeamish viewers like me). The story wasn't horrible and stupid, it was actually pretty good. Most of the reason it's rated R is for language if you ask me. That, and scariness. CSM was right that most of the scariness is because of surprises and loud noises. When all the kitchen cabinets opened in one scene, I screamed because it was a surprise and REALLY loud compared to the constant silence in the movie. Watch this movie with someone who has seen it before so that you can tell them to tell you when to shut your eyes and stuff if you're that kind of person. When you're with friends, this movie is really fun (despite the scariness and sad ending)! :) itll scare you but not leave you disgusted because of gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 February 9, 2011

demonic
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 14, 2011

Awesome horror movie!! Love it!! But really doesn't need a R rating..

My MPAA Rating PG-13: some violent content, strong language, and some frightening/chilling moments
Teen, 13 years old Written bykcorreiakfc March 4, 2011

Scary As Hell (implied as the afterlife, not a swear word)

Who wants this? It was horrible. A girl in my class wanted this to happen to her. Disgusting.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycandyx. May 3, 2011

I watched this the day after my 13th birthday party we watched the extended one it is really gd i think the extended one is so much better because will i think u can picture it all together better with all what's happens on the cams, but i don`t no way this is not the first one because it would make way much more seances!! but then again i think it is also gd how it is
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 17, 2011

my sleepless nights are over

Paranormal Activity is a real chill-up-the-spine movie that's bound to induce nightmares in plenty of young moviegoers -- even though, as with The Blair Witch Project, the big buzz around the movie (and the prospect of testing their backbone) will likely prove irresistible to many teens. The movie takes its cues from many classic horror films in that it only suggests the scary stuff rather than actually showing explicit gore and violence -- but in leaving much to the viewer's imagination, the effect is much, much more psychologically terrifying than any regular blood-fest. Expect frequent strong language (including multiple uses of "f--k" and "s--t") and some sex talk.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Many Bad Things

There are many things in the movie that can be accepted in a PG-13 movie, but the f bomb usage and some terrifying moments make this movie R.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeorgia. May 26, 2011

i liked this movie.

the first one was AWFUL. but i liked this one. the characters weren't so annoying and it was funnier. 3/5.
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2011

Broing

This movie was both broing and non-scary .
Teen, 15 years old Written byMeForever February 15, 2011

@wumb if youre 11 you shouldnt have seen this movie in the first place! Thats why they put the R there... basically to say "If youre in elementary school, dont watch this movie! It will give you nightmares!" I watched it and im 15 and it was SO not scary! I thought it was hillarious, I mean the adult woman screaming her head of and running for her life when a pan falls on the floor... PRICELESS! this is the first horror movie i ever watched and apart from one scream i was fine! Come on parents, let your kids have some fun!
Teen, 17 years old Written byusherrocksworld3 October 20, 2010

too creepy for kids

i will love this movie but i think its to scary for kids so its for teens and up
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2011

SCARY!!!!

Good Movie but super scary!
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2011

much better than the first although
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2011

Not as scary and innaprpiate as you might think

There is not much violence or language although they do say the f word a couple times. And it is not as scary as you might think. If you have ever watched a thriller before this is nothing.They only ave like 5 scary scenes in this movie and you only feel thrilled waiting for a scary part which takes a long time. I was disapointed with this one cause i was hoping it would be a bit more scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 March 27, 2011

Why Common Sense Media says "pause on age 16" is beyond me. And it's not psychological horror. It's supernatural horror. (Why else are there invisible demons?)

My rating: R for some brief violence, language, and some sexual references. [NOTE: The violence is upped in this one, which isn't quite as good as #1. Also, there are not as many F bombs--only around 15, at a guesstimate.]
Teen, 16 years old Written bymakhayla11 March 22, 2011

i love it!! i want to see it. it looks good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 19, 2011

Not scary to me.

Ehh, it wasnt scary AT ALL! i laughed actually,my friend was scared and really disturbed, i was rather okay, i was sad that somethin happened to the dog. It was spooky but nothing really, but if your scared easily then,no, just no. :)