All member reviews for Paranormal Activity 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng April 29, 2011

Not that scary

Paranormal Activity 2 isn't as scary as you might think. It is often difficult to tell what's going on. Concerns might be swearing and some violence, including a man having his neck broken and a woman being slammed into a wall. However, this will terrify young kids. Suggested MPAA rating: R for language and some violent content
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2014

R for Really Good

The 2009 blockbusters sequal was a terrifying scar that gripped my eyes. It was fantastic. The nudity is mild, and only includes a faked oujia board session which includes a sexual use of words. Innapropriate word usage is used aswell, and violence is low, although a basement scene, is violent, but is not seen much due to the shakes of the camera. There are also movments in items, and the floating of characters and animals. Drugs are not used, regarding the alchohol usage, but any major drugs were not noticed by me. I suggest that small children should not wtch this movie, regarding the terrible role models. The messages in this movie was not taken by me, I do not think any positive messages were placed. In Conclusion, this movie was great. Kids Ten and up will find it great, but 16 and below may not find it as amusing. Overall, this movie was great.
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2013

AWESOME MOVIE

I bought this yesterday and I watched it at 8:00pm what a mistake but it wasn't very scary
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 9, 2013

Paranormal Activity 2 Review

Anyone who has seen the original knows exactly where things are heading, with the result that the proceedings seem far more manipulative than unnerving.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 July 7, 2013

A creepy but slow going movie

My MPAA Rating: PG-13 For Violent Content And Strong Language Throughout. This movie really isn't as scary as you think. It's not even scary really, it's just creepy. To be honest, nothing scary really happens until the last 20 to 25 minutes of the movie. There is strong language. Maybe around 3 uses of f**k and other language throughout.
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2013

EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST

an even scarier and better, version of Oren Peli's masterpiece. This sequel starts off with katies sister Kristi and her husband Daniel, and her stepdaughter Ali, when someone breaks in to their new home, Daniel and Kristi decide to set up surveillance cameras to record what happens when they sleep an even better version of Oren Peli's masterpiece, which is far scarier and better than the first one.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Paranormal Activity 2

It was just crap! Me as an 11 year old person it wasn't scary at all. Is it only me that is not scared or is it other 11 year old children? Swearing in the movie was not necessary. The screams sounded so fake and the whole story is dumb.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2013

Good Movie ,Not to scary

I'm 10 and I just watched this with my friend on Netflix we haven't seen number one but want to, I'm surprised my mum let me watch it. It wasn't that scary at first but at the last 15 mins I had to turn it off but I saw most of it.This was a great movie it was a bit scary when the girl was dragged by invisible force out of a room down the stairs and into her basement ,CREEPY
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow December 23, 2012

Even scarier than the first film!

This is my favorite Paranormal Activity film and my third favorite horror film. The first film was scary too, but it just seemed garbled and unexplained at times. But PA2 (a PREQUEL, not a sequel) blows it all away. It really ties into the first film and answers some big questions, while still providing enough questions of its own to justify further films. I thought this film was MUCH scarier than the first film, with more shakes, more great sound effects, and more surprises (I was holding onto a stuffed animal the whole time). I also found the characters more likable than in the first film, and I thought they made much smarter choices regarding how to handle the hauntings. The twist ending was also much more satisfying this time around (HINT: it ties into, maybe even explains, the ending of the first film). This really ups the anti for the PA films, just for pure, concentrated, sh*t-your-pants terror.
Teen, 15 years old Written by9001 October 27, 2012

A very disturbing movie.

I watched the extended, unrated version of this movie that was too violent/disturbing to be rated R. It is a very disturbing movie. Pretty much the entire movie centers around demons trying to murder a one year old child. There is not a lot of violence in the movie, but the entire movie looks very realistic, which gives the violence and horror a much stronger impact when it does occur. The most violent point in the movie, in my opinion, was when a woman possessed by a demon snaps a man's neck. I don't know whether or not that part is in the R rated version. There's no blood or gore, but it's so spontaneous, realistic, and explicit, it was very disturbing. I won't go through all the things that are in the movie, but I will add that most of the disturbing stuff in the movie happens towards the end. There is very little blood in this movie, and no gore. However, when the violence does occur it is very realistic and upsetting, there are some very shocking/disturbing/scary moments, and the entire movie has a feeling of dread. Therefore, I do not recommend this movie for anyone under the age of 18, whether or not they are accompanied by an adult when watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by5saltydog October 21, 2012

Same as the first

It was ok, not as good as the first one, but basically the same thing. The language was pretty bad towards the end, but it managed to build up suspense. No sex, although the teen daughter has her boyfriend over when she was babysitting. The only terror was when it came to the baby's sake.
Teen, 13 years old Written by319princess June 23, 2012

Commercial was enough!

Okay, so I didn't actually see the movie, but my friend made me watch the trailer with her, and it was soooooo scary and sad! So first, a girl is suddenly right in front of a camera because she's possessed by the ghost that walks into her bedroom during the night (which resulted in a monkey-like scream from me), then they show the poor little dog that the ghost is gonna kill! I couldn't take anymore, I would never see this movie and I'm 13! It's only for adults, I mean really, it is rated R.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoncourbatpourDavid April 15, 2012

Parasnoremal Slacktivity

It is the most boring and ridiculous movie, the scariest thing that happens is the bursting open of cupboard doors and that is almost comical. Don't waste your time on it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 24, 2012

hjyhjgh

activity promblems running in family gets worse as a sequal
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 23, 2012

A lame sequel to a very scary horror movie. Not for kids.

When you really do think about it, Paranormal Activity deserved better. That's just all there is to it. It just deserved a better sequel than the one that it got, plain and simple. I know a lot of people who enjoyed it about as much as the first film, and that is just fine. It's there opinion. More power to them. But, for me, I couldn't have been more disappointed with it than I was. I mean, they replaced the originals likable and realistic couple with one of the most annoying movie families that I have ever seen (yes, I did just say that), they made them completely unlikable, unrealistic and chock-full of insulting stereotypes, right down to the nightmare of a teenage daughter and the thoroughly offensive Spanish nanny, who is played out to be a complete fool. Also, you take away much of the first films tension, chills, and, most importantly and unforgivably, they took away almost all of it's sheer terror and scares. This is one dead horror movie, folks. It is just static. Nothing but white noise. So, with that just having being said, this film is Rated R, just like the first film: There is frequent but less strong profanity, with about 25 F-words and its derivatives, but also including words such as crap, sh-t, p-ssy, -ss, d-mn, hell, god and g-d-mnit. So, if you are by any chance intending to see this film, since you enjoyed the first film so much, like I did, than let's just hope that you aren't nearly as disappointed with it as I was.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 3, 2012

Really good and fine for young teens

My uncle recently gave me the DVD of this as a late Christmas present, along with Paranormal Activity, and I think it's just as good as the original. I watched it with my mom, and I don't think the movie is that scary, and we watched the extended version. It's slightly more violent than it's predecessor, but still fine for kids 13+. Violence: Slightly more violent than Paranormal Activity, which includes a ghost doing mildly violent/scary acts (Ex. It drags a woman across the floor, down a staircase, and into a basement, or it locks a teenage girl out of her house.) A father agrues with his wife and daughter.Some scenes of peril, including some with a baby being involved. A woman is shown having a bite mark on her leg, and a little blood is shown. Also, a woman is shown killing a man and woman, but no blood is shown in their deaths. Sex: A woman is shown taking a bath, but no nudity is shown. Her husband also jokes about getting into the tub with her and presumeably have sex, but nothing other than mild inneduendo. Language: Use of swears like "f**k" and "s**t" Consumerism: A commerical of Dunkin' Donuts and a box of Cheerios are shown. Drinking: A couple, at one point, drink beer.
Teen, 16 years old Written byatom3 January 1, 2012

LOLOLOLOLOL

lol i agree georgia! this movie was very freaky, but at most times it was FUN-NNYY! its one of those movies that you have to watch with friends at a late party or somehting- thats what the movie was for. to scare teens and have a lil harmless fun. and its fun to tell your scared-ass mom EVERY DETAIL...MWOHAHAHAHAHA!! this was the first one i saw, and i found the more subtle things like the doors opening and slamming and that was scarier than the full on getting 'dragged down the stairs' or locked in the basment. though the kitchen scene was scary, we absolutly cracked up when the baby started to get dragged up the side of the crib. we just yelled, 'LOOK! VELCRO BOY!'
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 28, 2011

just a good as "Paranormal Activity"

this movie is just as good as the 1st "Paranormal Activity"
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2011

Not totally scary

Aside from some jumpy parts, this movie isn't all that scary! Although it does get stuck in your head.. Anyway, I really liked this movie. It was really good in my opinion!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO October 31, 2011

Will make you jump!

Pretty Bad Language violence isnt Gory.. Put still will scare the Heck out of ya! The reason I put 14 Up is because most kids under that will have nightmares from this!! But Still a Great Scary Movie!!