All member reviews for Paranormal Activity 4

Teen, 14 years old Written bylolipop12345 October 21, 2012

too scaaaryyy

i think this movie is good but very scary and I'm 14 so yeah i couldn't sleep at night for like 1 week ..
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2012

Good scares but 17 and younger don't bother.

These movies are entertaining yet very inappropriate and very scary. But a great Halloween movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire November 24, 2012

TOO SCARY!

This is Too Scary. I saw it In Theaters.
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2012

Not for kids. PERIOD!

Okay movie. BUT NOT FOR KIDS! PERIOD! I was forced to see this movie by my cousin today, and it scared the heck outta me.Many bad words in it too. Too scary for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 23, 2012

It's Closer Than You Think

The franchise is now growing tired. After the first was great, second was terrible, third was okay, and the fourth is bad. It isn't a very reliable franchise because you can never count on it to deliver. Kathryn Newton and Matt Shively do a good job but for what cause? When you expect something to happen, nothing ever does. Should be called Paranormal Activity Bore or Paranormal Activity Snore. Has some strong language used infrequently by teenagers and some violence. C-.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXxDARKSHADOWSxX October 26, 2012

Paranormal Activity 4 Review

It's kind of boring and it's really slow. Also, it has a tad bit of violence and some mild language
Teen, 16 years old Written byhomealonefan123 November 3, 2012

great latest in the series movie!

great movie. but some over-the-top violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGuiiMovio November 12, 2012

Cool

Pretty scary!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead April 14, 2013

Iffy for 14+

This isn't as scary/good as the third one.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCastingAnchorsAway February 12, 2013

Language, language, LANGUAGE

Every paranormal activity movie is always deemed "scary" but to me I didn't even flinch. This movie may not be the thriller of the century, but let me tell you something it does have... LANGUAGE. There's at least one swear word in almost every scene. There is some consumerism, but nothing bad, it does mention the X-box a few times. However, there is some light in this movie. The teen daughter is a good role model. She works her way out of uncomfortable, sexual, situatuations (A teen boy asks for her to flash her boobs, she refuses) She works hard to protect her brother even though she's put in terrifying ordeals. I wouldn't recommend this for hardcore horror fans, but if you're like me and love Paronormal Activity even though it isn't scaryin the least then you should watch it just to kill time, don't expect much of t though. Despite the frequent language, and a few intense scenes for younger and easier frightened viewers, this movie should be fine for anyone at least 12 and older. There is some violence, but it is only between demons and humans.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2013

THIS SUCKS

THIS MOVIE IS COMPLETELY LAZY.IT SUCKS SO MUCH.ITS SO BORING LIKE MY EFFORT IN WRITING THIS REVIEW.NO WONDER WHY A 2 YEAR OLD BOY CRIED AT THE END.THIS MOVIE SHOULD ONLY BE IN THE RAZZIES.NOT RED DAWN,NOT GHOST RIDER 2,NOT EVEN BATTLESHIP BUT JUST THE MOVIE ITS SELF SHOULD ONLY BE IN THE RAZZIES.WORST EVERYTHING.IF YOU SEE THIS AWFUL MOVIE BRAINWASH YOURSELF AND FORGET THE WHOLE THING.DONT EVEN BUY THIS IN THE 99 CENT RACK OR A PENNY.YEP ITS THAT BAD.PS I AM YELLING THIS OUT.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshans10 March 24, 2013

Scares are scares!

I watched this film only yesterday. I'm 14 and started watching these films when I turned 13. I love these films, so much. There good and scary, the story line is there, if you take the time to figure it out, they all link and make so much sense! There is NO sex, only Alex's boyfriend who made one reference to showing him a body part which she laughed at and refused.They do say f**k and s**t but in their situation, who wouldn't? Its not overused like it is in some of their past films. Poor Alex tries so hard to look after her brother and keep her breaking family together, if only they listened to her! Their is Violence but only a little. So many jump, I found myself yelling at the TV 'LOOK BEHIND YOU, RUN.' The ending was a bit naff to be honest but if you like the scares, you'll love it like you did the rest!
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2013

Not Scary. Very Disappointed.

OVERALL, this movie is disappointing and worse than all the other P.A. movies. I don't get what all the fuss is about. I'm 12 and have seen this movie. There is very little language and no reference to sex or even kissing. Its barely even scary and I never even screamed or had to cover my eyes. I think most kids 12+ SHOULD be able to watch this movie without getting really scared, although some kids/teens get more scared than others.
Teen, 15 years old Written byasdfghjkllkjhgfdsa February 24, 2013

basic

there's very little violence in the whole movie and it's only scary towards then end. This is in comparision to the other Paranormal Activity movies, once you've watched them, this is nothing. It's pretty boring if I'm honest. yeah, there's a little flirting blah blah nothing much really
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow December 26, 2012

Underwhelming third sequel is the least violent, least scary, least good

Of all the Paranormal Activity films, this one is my least favorite. And that's such a shame, because after the freakishly weird twist ending of PA3, I thought this one was going to give at least some sort of hint as to what it meant. But it doesn't. It answers nothing at all. For all it cares, the third film doesn't even exist. You could literally just jump from PA2 to this, and the viewing experience would be no different. All it does is bring up more and more and more questions that are just annoying this time around. I guess I can kind of understand the trick behind this, because now that we have two movies with unanswered questions, there will have to be at least two or so other movies to answer everything, and then they can bring up questions until we end up with ten or fifteen movies. That's a creative way to make a franchise longer, and I'll be interested in seeing what the other films have to offer. But even though I respect its intentions, it still leaves me with a bland and tired film that tries to hard to make you ask questions. But as if that weren't bad enough, the film is astonishingly short on scares; the silent chills of the nighttime sequences seen in the previous three films are now gone, instead replaced with, well, pretty much nothing. And when there are nighttime scares, they're brief and disappointing. Plus, this film has way too many fake jump scares (such as a cat jumping in front of the camera by surprise or something like that); I mean, I think fake jump scares can be pretty fun if done a few times or so, but this pushed the boundaries until I just started groaning. Plus, it can't seem to find much of an excuse for filming everything, especially since in this movie, the main character uses a laptop as a camera; I mean, I have a feeling that it would get kind of exhausting to carry an entire laptop around with you while you're being chased around the house by a demon (Oops! Spoilers!). On the positive note, it does have some decent performances (although I have NO IDEA why they would cast Matt Shively, that awkward kid from True Jackson VP, as the boyfriend), and the script is at least mildly realistic. Alex is a pretty likeable heroin, and the two male child actors are really good, especially the one playing Robbie, who gives a rock-solid performance as a dark and mysterious kid without going too over-the-top. And I guess there are a few mildly scary moments here and there. But these few good traits aren't enough to recommend this tepid, lazy, contrived, unexplained, and arguably meaningless addition to a really good franchise.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_nkracka_ November 23, 2012

Paranormal Activity 4 - Review

This is a great horror film, however, it shouldn't be watched by kids. It has violence and language in it, most not appropriate for younger people. some of the most violent scenes in the movie are, a teenage boy gets his neck snapped, the mother is picked up by an unseen force and bashed around, and the father is dragged around in the house across the road. There is some language too, such as f--k and s--t.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2012

WASTE OF TIME

its a waste of time watching this movie, its violent and scary and boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome April 23, 2013

boobs

This movie was ok not the best
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 9, 2013

Paranormal Activity 4 Review

Paranormal Activity 4 sadly continues the series' downslide, most drearily with a mid-film twist that enables the filmmakers to go about essentially remaking the second entry. They could have called this Paranormal Inactivity.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2013

VERY GOOD

very good, really enjoyed it. Everyone is complaining that it wasn't scary enough. It was terrifying. Very well shot and excellent acting, makes this a real treat. Contains strong horror, threat and language.