All teen and kid member reviews for Paranormal Activity 4

Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead April 14, 2013

Iffy for 14+

This isn't as scary/good as the third one.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow December 26, 2012

Underwhelming third sequel is the least violent, least scary, least good

Of all the Paranormal Activity films, this one is my least favorite. And that's such a shame, because after the freakishly weird twist ending of PA3, I thought this one was going to give at least some sort of hint as to what it meant. But it doesn't. It answers nothing at all. For all it cares, the third film doesn't even exist. You could literally just jump from PA2 to this, and the viewing experience would be no different. All it does is bring up more and more and more questions that are just annoying this time around. I guess I can kind of understand the trick behind this, because now that we have two movies with unanswered questions, there will have to be at least two or so other movies to answer everything, and then they can bring up questions until we end up with ten or fifteen movies. That's a creative way to make a franchise longer, and I'll be interested in seeing what the other films have to offer. But even though I respect its intentions, it still leaves me with a bland and tired film that tries to hard to make you ask questions. But as if that weren't bad enough, the film is astonishingly short on scares; the silent chills of the nighttime sequences seen in the previous three films are now gone, instead replaced with, well, pretty much nothing. And when there are nighttime scares, they're brief and disappointing. Plus, this film has way too many fake jump scares (such as a cat jumping in front of the camera by surprise or something like that); I mean, I think fake jump scares can be pretty fun if done a few times or so, but this pushed the boundaries until I just started groaning. Plus, it can't seem to find much of an excuse for filming everything, especially since in this movie, the main character uses a laptop as a camera; I mean, I have a feeling that it would get kind of exhausting to carry an entire laptop around with you while you're being chased around the house by a demon (Oops! Spoilers!). On the positive note, it does have some decent performances (although I have NO IDEA why they would cast Matt Shively, that awkward kid from True Jackson VP, as the boyfriend), and the script is at least mildly realistic. Alex is a pretty likeable heroin, and the two male child actors are really good, especially the one playing Robbie, who gives a rock-solid performance as a dark and mysterious kid without going too over-the-top. And I guess there are a few mildly scary moments here and there. But these few good traits aren't enough to recommend this tepid, lazy, contrived, unexplained, and arguably meaningless addition to a really good franchise.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 9, 2013

Paranormal Activity 4 Review

Paranormal Activity 4 sadly continues the series' downslide, most drearily with a mid-film twist that enables the filmmakers to go about essentially remaking the second entry. They could have called this Paranormal Inactivity.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2013

VERY GOOD

very good, really enjoyed it. Everyone is complaining that it wasn't scary enough. It was terrifying. Very well shot and excellent acting, makes this a real treat. Contains strong horror, threat and language.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2013

THIS SUCKS

THIS MOVIE IS COMPLETELY LAZY.IT SUCKS SO MUCH.ITS SO BORING LIKE MY EFFORT IN WRITING THIS REVIEW.NO WONDER WHY A 2 YEAR OLD BOY CRIED AT THE END.THIS MOVIE SHOULD ONLY BE IN THE RAZZIES.NOT RED DAWN,NOT GHOST RIDER 2,NOT EVEN BATTLESHIP BUT JUST THE MOVIE ITS SELF SHOULD ONLY BE IN THE RAZZIES.WORST EVERYTHING.IF YOU SEE THIS AWFUL MOVIE BRAINWASH YOURSELF AND FORGET THE WHOLE THING.DONT EVEN BUY THIS IN THE 99 CENT RACK OR A PENNY.YEP ITS THAT BAD.PS I AM YELLING THIS OUT.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire November 24, 2012

TOO SCARY!

This is Too Scary. I saw it In Theaters.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2012

WASTE OF TIME

its a waste of time watching this movie, its violent and scary and boring.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2012

Good scares but 17 and younger don't bother.

These movies are entertaining yet very inappropriate and very scary. But a great Halloween movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylolipop12345 October 21, 2012

too scaaaryyy

i think this movie is good but very scary and I'm 14 so yeah i couldn't sleep at night for like 1 week ..
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoĂŻc July 12, 2015

To steal 4th in the series, get ready to get... bored the major part of the film ! / Pour se 4eme volé de la série, préparez-vous… à vous ennuyez la majeur partie du film !

ENGLISH: PARANORMAL activity four , should usually be PARANORMAL film ( from the title ) but it is really going paranormal phenomena in the last fifteen minutes of the film , otherwise , the rest of the time there 1 or 1 phenomena par- here and there , and just a little boy LIVING , WHICH iS NOT A DEMON who wanders . I still put a restriction on the age of 12 because the end is still pretty scared. But this film is totally suitable for children of 12 years, which probably will not be afraid in this 4éme opus . Rating: 4/10 Really bad, really need this series stops, because they are really short of ideas ! Excuse me for the mistakes but I'm french ! FRANCAIS PARANORMAL activity quatre, devrait être normalement un film PARANORMAL (d’après le titre) Mais il se passe vraiment des phénomènes PARANORMAUX dans le dernier quart d’heure du film, sinon, tout le reste du temps il y 1 ou 1 phénomènes par-ci par-là, et juste un petit garçon VIVANT, QUI N’EST PAS UN DEMON, qui se balade. Je mets quand même une restriction au moins de 12 ans car la fin fait quand même assez peur. Mais ce film est totalement adapté aux enfants de 12 ans, qui n’aurons surement pas peur dans ce 4émeopus. Note : 4/10 Vraiment très mauvais, il faut vraiment que cette série s’arrête, car ils sont vraiment à court d’idées !
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2015

Great row models but bad things happen

Great movie not too scary the girl is a great row model because she takes care of her brother and listens to parents but the teen boy is very inappropriate asking to see her "boobie" she said no and the boy swears a lot the little boy is so creepy but bad things happen to good people
Teen, 15 years old Written byMetzgeraz123 February 4, 2015

paranormal Activity review

Parents should know that Paranormal activity is a horror series based on real footage. This movie contains brief blood, scary faces and monsters, and a small bit of swearing such as F**k and Sh*t. This film is okay for teens 15 or up, but it will scare the daylights out of young children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz April 28, 2014

Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)

This movie is the fourth addition to the horror franchise. Some mild scary moments in it, enough to scare a 13-year-old, definitely! This film does send infrequent shivers down your spine but only shivers, add i said the scariness is mild. Language is rather frequent in this film, but that adds on to the effect that this film is real (this film is fictional but tries to give the real effect by how the characters control the camera- Alex). Kathryn Newton and Matt Shively make a good team and a believable couple. The two young boys Robbie+(SPOILER) Wyatt/Hunter are really good child actors as they are able to give a freaky performance without going over the top. Alex (Kathryn Newton) is a very good role model, how she deals with situations and is firm with her boyfriend (when he asks her to flash)- she's good at dealing with freaky situations creating a likability for her as the main antagonist and a great heroine. No sex, but some references are mentiones- but kept mild. Also, not much violence, some but not as much as expected. The ending doesn't make sense, as SPOILER- Alex jumps out the window and finds Wyatt/Hunter looks to her left possessed zombies or something then to her right she finds a possessed Katie. Where did these zombies come from? Apart from the ending, this film is really good.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

worst horror ever

absolutely terrible film i am 13 and didn't jump once
Teen, 14 years old Written byTv teen October 11, 2013

All right not that scary

This is not that scary think about it 1.it is a movie 2.it is about demons not ghost 3.u haven't encountered it so u don't know it's even real now a days they will probably say Elmo is based on a true story C'MON PEOPLE!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

Iffy for 12+

This is one of my fave scary movies. Kids Under 12 can't handle PA4.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 29, 2013

Don't listen to commonsense! You don't have to be 16!

This movie is quite creepy. I have to admit that some parts of the movie were supposed to be scary but my sister and I thought that some of those parts were actually kind of funny. This movie does contain pretty bad language though. It contains around 10 f words and maybe around 8 s words. I'm almost 14 years old, and I saw this movie last night with my sister who is almost 17 years old. We both thought the movie was great, and there were many jump scares. My sister and I are into ghosts and horror movies like these, but we aren't into the bloody and and gory ones. This movie isn't really for the faint at heart, just so you know. I say ages 13 and up! Great horror movie for teenagers!
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2013

AMAZING MOVIE

I'm 10 and I watched this with my friends (yes I was aloud ) and I usually get really scared at movies like this but this one wasn't that bad there is violence because a teens head gets twisted round and stuff like that there is no sex scenes at all though the mother gives her teen girl a sleeping pill because she had not been getting to sleep and the mum and dad argue about that the end is the only scary part but some bits are actually funny I recommend this to 12 and ups oh and some swearing is said but its mostly F**k and S**T that is said several times
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome April 23, 2013

boobs

This movie was ok not the best
Teen, 14 years old Written byshans10 March 24, 2013

Scares are scares!

I watched this film only yesterday. I'm 14 and started watching these films when I turned 13. I love these films, so much. There good and scary, the story line is there, if you take the time to figure it out, they all link and make so much sense! There is NO sex, only Alex's boyfriend who made one reference to showing him a body part which she laughed at and refused.They do say f**k and s**t but in their situation, who wouldn't? Its not overused like it is in some of their past films. Poor Alex tries so hard to look after her brother and keep her breaking family together, if only they listened to her! Their is Violence but only a little. So many jump, I found myself yelling at the TV 'LOOK BEHIND YOU, RUN.' The ending was a bit naff to be honest but if you like the scares, you'll love it like you did the rest!