All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009

Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Written byAnonymous August 7, 2013

Mediocre film

This movie was very mediocre. A lot of it is made up by loud noises and opening and closing doors. It's just not very scary and the acting was average. Some bits were just stupid and unrealistic and one scene was actually funny. What my dad made me realise is it might not even be based on true events. My dad said that it has been proved people have been saying things happened at their house and it was just made up so keep it in your mind that it may not even be true.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya June 23, 2015

Lol only okay for 16+? I'm watching just because you said that.

Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009

Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Adult Written bymascj001 December 12, 2011

Great for the Older Teens!

Paranormal Activity is the kind of movie that plays with your brain and takes you back to the time when you were scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night. Since it is a blood and gore free movie, it should be fine for your older teenagers to watch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bad language and a few sexual situations, so if you are uncomfortable with your child watching themes such as that, this is not the movie for you. For Kids under 16 there is a high risk that they will leave the movie scared to sleep in their bed at night and even start using the bad language both characters use when they are scared. Other than that its a great movie for those thrill seekers who are sick of the stereotypical gory thrillers.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

almost wet my pants!

For the horror-loving teen, this movie is much better than almost any alternative I can think of. Very little gore or sexual content. The lack of any visible monster makes for an incredibly terrifying movie! Definitely not for people who hate scary movies, but I loved it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydadthatprotects October 21, 2010

great movie. not too much violence and its a real scare for kids. i would recommend it to all. not much language or violence either so let your kids watch it
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Parent of a 4 year old Written bywoodchuck October 26, 2009

boooo

this movie was so bad. it wasnt scary at all the last 20 minutes were ok but thats it. dont waste your time
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 12, 2015

SCARY MOVIE WITH STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT : I WILL NOT RECOMMENDED FOR UNDER 12 YEARS / FILM EFFRAYANT AVEC AMBIANCE STRESSANTE: JE LE DECONSEILLE AUX MOINS DE 12 ANS.

ENGLISH : Paranormal activity is a horror film directed by Oren Peli . It does not show the ghosts or demons ; but only suggested by a thud , a door slamming , footsteps ... leaving much to the imagination of the viewer face his own fears : the effect is much more scary. The film is too scary for children under 12 years , which could be struck by this film with , at times , intense fears. I myself was scared. There are just some times when they talk about sex. Rating 9/10 Great movie horror ; amateur horror movie paranormal activity will make you startled more than once ! FRANÇAIS : Paranormal activity est un film d’épouvante réalisé par Oren Peli. Il ne montre pas les fantômes ou démons ; mais les suggère seulement, par un bruit sourd, une porte qui claque, des traces de pas… laissant beaucoup plus d'imagination auspectateur face à ses propres peurs : l'effet est beaucoup plus angoissant. Le film est donc trop effrayant pour les enfants de moins de 12 ans, qui risque d’être heurté par ce film, avec, à des moments, des peurs intenses. J’ai moi-même eu peur. Il y a juste certains moments où ils parlent de sexe. Note 9/10 Très bon film d’épouvante ; amateur de film horrifique, paranormal activity vous fera sursauté plus d’un fois
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 June 26, 2015

please don't waste your time with this awful film that kids from my generation call horror.

The only reason I'm giving this movie a no kids rating is because while it isn't really heavy on sexual references it really shouldn't be viewed by anybody due to how bad of a film it is. The acting is bad most of the time, it's very slow paced for a paranormal horror movie, and it isn't scary at all except for the ending scene. But then again that scene isn't enough to leave you terrified or keep you up at night or anything like that. If you must know about the inappropriate content in the movie there are 45 uses of fu** and two sex related scenes. One is somewhere in the beginning where mika tells his girlfriend katie who he lives with to do a striptease for him and a little later in the movie mika gets into bed with katie and he says play time? Katie then notices that the camera is still on and she tells mika to turn it off. So the scene ends implying that they had sex. Like I said before this movie is not scary at all except for one scene and you shouldn't waste your time with it. I'm also a fan of classic horror films so I actually know what horror is unlike most kids from my generation. Please don't waste your time with this piece of crap movie unless you want an hour and 20 something minutes of your life wasted. Trust me.
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler June 13, 2015

Words cannot describe how stupid this movie is.

Get ready for a movie full of couples blabbering, scenes of people lying still in bed, and more F words than the amount of dollars in this movie's budget! Enjoy! Ahem. Scariest movie ever? Stupidest movie ever is more like it.
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

Waste

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini March 31, 2015

Low budget movie doesn't satisfy

This movie is extremely overrated. There are jumpscares, but no blood or gore. There is sexy stuff in this movie, but nothing teens can't handle. I didn't find it very scary personally. It's very mediocre and there's a little cheese with it being low budget. There's a lot of swearing too. Don't bother watching it.