All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009

Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009

Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity October 10, 2009

How can an insanely low budget and a few unknown actors make a scary horror movie? It worked for the Blair Witch Project. Ten years later, it works (though not as much) for Paranormal Activity. The basic plotline is simple. A woman named Kate and her boyfriend Micah are both haunted by a demon. Micah uses a video camera to tape the paranormal activity, as well as the couple searching frantically for ways to stop it. This film doesn't have a lot of physical scares (and very little gore), and when you walk out of the theater, you might not think it was scary, but the psychological terror will linger long after you've seen this film. If your city is showing this film, SEE IT. On the content side, Paranormal Activity is pretty tame for an R-rated horror film. There are a lot of f-bombs, but not as many as you'd expect. However, this is a very scary film. I've set the age for Paranormal Activity at 13+, but KNOW YOUR KID.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Teen, 16 years old Written bynUkeBomB October 27, 2010

HORRIABE BAD CRAPPY WORST MOVIE EVER

WORST MOVIE EVER MAN IF THEY MAKE ANOTHER ONE IT WILL BE EVEN WORSE DONT WATCH THIS MOVIE ITS NOT SCARY AND ITS CRAPPY
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

almost wet my pants!

For the horror-loving teen, this movie is much better than almost any alternative I can think of. Very little gore or sexual content. The lack of any visible monster makes for an incredibly terrifying movie! Definitely not for people who hate scary movies, but I loved it.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Disappointing

This movie was stupid. My dad and I went to see it and at the end we were like ' WTF? '. Very stupid. Bit of language and has a stabbing but you dont see it. Im not even gonna bother to see the sequal
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Parent of a 4 year old Written bywoodchuck October 26, 2009

boooo

this movie was so bad. it wasnt scary at all the last 20 minutes were ok but thats it. dont waste your time
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Not good if you don't like to sit stalk upright every time you here a bump at night.

It wasn't that bad to get an R... Except for that scene not mentioned here where Micah showed Katie the picture of the woman who chewed her own arm of. That was a little gory.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byzachsmama November 7, 2009

I want my time back!

Dumbest movie ever. Can I have my money back? Can I have my time back? You can fool us once (Blair Witch) but as a society, please tell me you're not so stupid as to be fooled twice. I actually laughed at the end, it was so bad!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeorgia. May 26, 2011

so bad.

I was expecting this film to be scary, it was the most lame thing in the world. i kept waiting for the scares and they just never came. soooo boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written by80s Rock Chick :) May 26, 2011

hmmmmm........

i watched it for the first time 4 months back... and while some of it may seem boring... there are some reallllllyyyyy creepy scenes... especially when shes standing over him while hes sleeping, (you know somethings goin to happen) and the end when all that crap is about to happen and the door opens and theres that shadow... and then BANG!!!!!!!! I liked it... the ending was especially insane... I screamed lol... :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bymilkandhoney May 9, 2011

eh

it was ok a cheap shock at the end but the scare isn't deep at all good for people who don't particularly like horrors
Adult Written byilikemusik23 December 24, 2009

Paraboring Activity

I went to this movie expecting to get the "you know what" scared out of me. Instead i sat through an hour and a half of a guy going "What the f**k!?, What The F**K". The movie was so bad and unscary it got to the point where me and my friends were laughing the movie was so bad. It was boring and nothing even happended for the first 30 minutes of the movie. The only part that was the slightest bit scary was the ending. Don't waste your time on this movie.