All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009

Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written bymascj001 December 12, 2011

Great for the Older Teens!

Paranormal Activity is the kind of movie that plays with your brain and takes you back to the time when you were scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night. Since it is a blood and gore free movie, it should be fine for your older teenagers to watch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bad language and a few sexual situations, so if you are uncomfortable with your child watching themes such as that, this is not the movie for you. For Kids under 16 there is a high risk that they will leave the movie scared to sleep in their bed at night and even start using the bad language both characters use when they are scared. Other than that its a great movie for those thrill seekers who are sick of the stereotypical gory thrillers.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

almost wet my pants!

For the horror-loving teen, this movie is much better than almost any alternative I can think of. Very little gore or sexual content. The lack of any visible monster makes for an incredibly terrifying movie! Definitely not for people who hate scary movies, but I loved it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydadthatprotects October 21, 2010

great movie. not too much violence and its a real scare for kids. i would recommend it to all. not much language or violence either so let your kids watch it
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009

Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bywoodchuck October 26, 2009

boooo

this movie was so bad. it wasnt scary at all the last 20 minutes were ok but thats it. dont waste your time
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

Waste

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini March 31, 2015

Low budget movie doesn't satisfy

This movie is extremely overrated. There are jumpscares, but no blood or gore. There is sexy stuff in this movie, but nothing teens can't handle. I didn't find it very scary personally. It's very mediocre and there's a little cheese with it being low budget. There's a lot of swearing too. Don't bother watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexbarkerhook February 21, 2015

Extremely scary, without any blood, gore, or jump scares

This movie scared the heck out of me, without any blood or disturbing images. Movie is intense the whole time because you are waiting for something to happen, but you don't know when they are going to come up
Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2014

Scary no. Bloody not at all!

Wow barely any blood. But this movie is TERRIBLY overrated. Its not scary at all to me! It is just LAME! The Conjuring is waaaaaaaay scarier.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenhorrorlover13 October 31, 2014

great for halloween

ive just watched this on halloween its creepy good for teens would advise maybe 14 + think about wether younger teens can handle it but not for below 13 unless you are like 99% sure they can watch with out being sleepless for months but other than that good middle of the range horror quite slow at beginning though taes a good 30 mins to get going
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie776 October 12, 2014

Scariest Psychological Horror Movie!

Paranormal Activity is the best horror movie ever! There is almost no violence or gore, except for the ending scene, but I won't spoil it! There is a brief inappropriate scene, but almost nothing is shown. The movie itself is about a couple, Katie and Micah, and their experience with a demon that has followed Katie since she was 8 (she's around 25-30 now). There is almost constant language, including the f-word and s-word used multiple times. It is a found-footage horror movie, so if you get motion sickness easily, you might need to close your eyes for the majority of the movie. It is rated R, but only for language. This is a great horror movie with little blood or gore, perfect for the people who hate gore but love horror.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamkwong September 6, 2014

Should Not Be Rated R

This movie is unique, creative, and entertaining. There is barely any violence. It was most likely rated R for the swearing. I didn't find it very scary, but it depends on who you are. The scariest part is at the end. You have been warned.