All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya June 23, 2015

Lol only okay for 16+? I'm watching just because you said that.

Written byAnonymous August 7, 2013

Mediocre film

This movie was very mediocre. A lot of it is made up by loud noises and opening and closing doors. It's just not very scary and the acting was average. Some bits were just stupid and unrealistic and one scene was actually funny. What my dad made me realise is it might not even be based on true events. My dad said that it has been proved people have been saying things happened at their house and it was just made up so keep it in your mind that it may not even be true.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009
Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler June 13, 2015

Words cannot describe how stupid this movie is.

Get ready for a movie full of couples blabbering, scenes of people lying still in bed, and more F words than the amount of dollars in this movie's budget! Enjoy! Ahem. Scariest movie ever? Stupidest movie ever is more like it.
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonica141414 November 2, 2013

If you watch this movie when its on TV then the langauge is beeped out. I waited a long time to watch this movie. Everyone was telling me how scary it was, and i finally got to watch it a few days ago. It was a total disappointment its only scary the last fifteen minutes. A complete watse of time!
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byAmira1976 May 22, 2012

It Is a Horror Movie After All

Whatever others say, this movie IS scary and a horror movie after all. And we all know horror movies are NOT for kids....Unfortunately, my 10 and 14 y-o kids started to watch it on YOUTUBE (I wish someone was out there to check such things and take it off ) so they believed it was a genuine home-made video... I was around and kept telling them it was not real but they got so hooked they almost jumped out of their skin at some parts. My son got really scared and so I went to the Internet to check upon the movie and I turned out to be right: it was all just a horror story made up to frighten. So I hope he will be okay and my daughter as well knowing it is all just a tale. But this experience did show how a movie can affect children if it is not age-appropriate and that we parents need to be much more careful with Youtube...:(
Adult Written bymascj001 December 12, 2011

Great for the Older Teens!

Paranormal Activity is the kind of movie that plays with your brain and takes you back to the time when you were scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night. Since it is a blood and gore free movie, it should be fine for your older teenagers to watch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bad language and a few sexual situations, so if you are uncomfortable with your child watching themes such as that, this is not the movie for you. For Kids under 16 there is a high risk that they will leave the movie scared to sleep in their bed at night and even start using the bad language both characters use when they are scared. Other than that its a great movie for those thrill seekers who are sick of the stereotypical gory thrillers.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

almost wet my pants!

For the horror-loving teen, this movie is much better than almost any alternative I can think of. Very little gore or sexual content. The lack of any visible monster makes for an incredibly terrifying movie! Definitely not for people who hate scary movies, but I loved it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydadthatprotects October 21, 2010
great movie. not too much violence and its a real scare for kids. i would recommend it to all. not much language or violence either so let your kids watch it
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Parent of a 4 year old Written bywoodchuck October 26, 2009

this movie was so bad. it wasnt scary at all the last 20 minutes were ok but thats it. dont waste your time
Adult Written byjacobo1 September 13, 2015

A good movie

I'd really recommend watching it and also watch the ghost dimension when it comes out