All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009

Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini March 31, 2015

Low budget movie doesn't satisfy

This movie is extremely overrated. There are jumpscares, but no blood or gore. There is sexy stuff in this movie, but nothing teens can't handle. I didn't find it very scary personally. It's very mediocre and there's a little cheese with it being low budget. There's a lot of swearing too. Don't bother watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexbarkerhook February 21, 2015

Extremely scary, without any blood, gore, or jump scares

This movie scared the heck out of me, without any blood or disturbing images. Movie is intense the whole time because you are waiting for something to happen, but you don't know when they are going to come up
Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2014

Scary no. Bloody not at all!

Wow barely any blood. But this movie is TERRIBLY overrated. Its not scary at all to me! It is just LAME! The Conjuring is waaaaaaaay scarier.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenhorrorlover13 October 31, 2014

great for halloween

ive just watched this on halloween its creepy good for teens would advise maybe 14 + think about wether younger teens can handle it but not for below 13 unless you are like 99% sure they can watch with out being sleepless for months but other than that good middle of the range horror quite slow at beginning though taes a good 30 mins to get going
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie776 October 12, 2014

Scariest Psychological Horror Movie!

Paranormal Activity is the best horror movie ever! There is almost no violence or gore, except for the ending scene, but I won't spoil it! There is a brief inappropriate scene, but almost nothing is shown. The movie itself is about a couple, Katie and Micah, and their experience with a demon that has followed Katie since she was 8 (she's around 25-30 now). There is almost constant language, including the f-word and s-word used multiple times. It is a found-footage horror movie, so if you get motion sickness easily, you might need to close your eyes for the majority of the movie. It is rated R, but only for language. This is a great horror movie with little blood or gore, perfect for the people who hate gore but love horror.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamkwong September 6, 2014

Should Not Be Rated R

This movie is unique, creative, and entertaining. There is barely any violence. It was most likely rated R for the swearing. I didn't find it very scary, but it depends on who you are. The scariest part is at the end. You have been warned.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo.1 Ghee June 22, 2014

saw this last year and I was okay but it depends on the kid..13 up should be alright but wouldn't recommend below unless they have an adult watching with them
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2014

Paranormal activity review

Me and my friend watched this and we really liked it! There is a lot of swearing. At the start it wasn't that scary Everything was happening at night. But when it got to the end it was really freaky. I wouldn't recommend it anyone who gets scared easily.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 23, 2014

Paranormal Activity

Paranormal Activity is a classic film, i watched this a few days before my 12th birthday and this film kept me on my feet but not screaming. A classic film, a must watch. If you're a fan of documentaries or horror or even both- you need to watch this classic!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 21, 2014

Disappointing...

Fun to watch for laughs or to be bored, otherwise, don't even bother. Language & inappropriate references.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 January 4, 2014

Not really scary, just a little creepy/erie.

I love the Paranormal Activity movies. I saw the new one, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. It was the best one yet!! It tied in with ALL of them sooo well! Especially the first one actually. But anyways, this movie isn't actually too scary. I think all of the Paranormal Activity movies are good for ages 14 and up, just for language and stuff, because in these movies, they say f--k maybe 8-12 Times in each one. The latest one has nudity in it for a total of like 15 or 20 seconds, so I would say the last one is for 15 or 16 and up. Lol oops, guess I shouldn't have seen the last one. It was really good with many jump scares tho!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonica141414 November 2, 2013

Disappointing!

If you watch this movie when its on TV then the langauge is beeped out. I waited a long time to watch this movie. Everyone was telling me how scary it was, and i finally got to watch it a few days ago. It was a total disappointment its only scary the last fifteen minutes. A complete watse of time!
Teen, 16 years old Written bypowerson November 2, 2013

Amazing

I actually think language is the only issue here, with a bit of sexuality and violence. I'd also rate it a high-end PG-13 instead of R. A brilliantly executed film though, maybe a 15 in the UK. Amazing for a $15,000/£9,000 budget which is unbelievable
Teen, 16 years old Written byKlutzy October 27, 2013

Scary but not nightmare scary

It is a little scary but not in the sense where you will have nightmares. I think 15 year olds should be a little cautious when viewing this but it really isn't that scary. It mostly consists of jump scenes and things that you don't see that your mind fills in. (by the way, watched this days before I turned 16 and it really had no effect)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysouplover98 September 25, 2013

Don't bother

Honestly, don't bother watching it. The plot is so slow and repetitive, I got bored after about 20 minutes. Not even scary either.