All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 13, 2012

Paranormal activity

Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2012

Fantastic Movie

This was such a good movie! It wasn't so scary that it would cause me nightmares, but it did give me a creepy feeling as I was clinging to the edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going to happen next. This movie isn't really scary at all, so I rate it 12 and up! They do cuss quite a bit in this movie, but if you're mature it shouldn't be a problem.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 23, 2012

Arguably one of the scariest movies ever is a must-see for horror fans

Many people consider The Blair Witch project to be the greatest found-footage horror movie ever. Sure, it is agood movie, by all means, and it still has it's fair share of shocks and chills that do affect the viewer while watching it, in this day and age, but, my mind could not be set against it more. No. To me, Paranormal Activity is easilly the best, although when you deal with found footage movies, there are not a lot of very good movies in the genre, because, honestly, let's just face it, already: This genre has had a lot more bombs than hits, but Paranomral Activity is a horror masterpiece in my mind. It so effective, some deeply unnerving and so memorable that by the time you have watched the horrifying final scene, you will be shaking in your boots. Not very many horror movies have that real effect ion you as the viewer, and even less for the found footage horro genre. But, this movie if Rated R, and foir good reason, too: There is very frequent and strong profanity throughout the movie, with about 47 uses of the F-word and its derivatives, but also includes numerous other words such as sh-t, hell, -ss, god, d-mn, and even two comical uses of the middle finger.Also, there is one one very crude but mostly off-screen sex scene, with what had just happened being heavily, obviously and painfully implied. And, finally, there is some very infrequent but intense terror, but, to be honest, there is almost no actual violence in the movie, what so ever. But, the couple also has several very vicious, harsh and loud arguments. So, with that being said, I think that this is a horror movie that is most definitely worth checking out, even for extremely die-hard horror fans, such as myself. So, do yourself a favor, and check it out, already, if you have not yet done so. Reccomended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byElmii January 5, 2012

Not scary at all

I exptected this movie to be really scary since most of my friends who had already seen it told me that it was the scariest movie they had ever seen. While I was watching it I kept on waiting for a scary moment although it never came. The end was kinda scary however overall the movie was disapointing.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

PA1

pa1 doesnt really cloify as a horror, little scary, average scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 3, 2012

Really good movie and ok for young teens

My uncle recently gave me the DVD of this movie as a late Christmas present, and I watched it with my mom. I have to admit, it wasn't really that scary. The DVD included an alternate ending, but I haven't watched it yet, so I can't comment on it. Anyway, the movie was good and had very little blood or gore. OK for kids 13+. Violence: A ghost haunts Kate and Micah, doing some mildly violent actions (Ex. Throwing things around, or creating loud thuds.) It also posseses Katie in her sleep and makes her do things without remembering them, and it also bites her and stabs her with a miniature cross, with a little blood shown. In the end, the ghost possesses Katie, making her kill Micah and throw his body at a camera, but very little blood is shown. Sex: Micah and Katie are shown kissing and hugging fairly frequently, wear revealing clothes, and apparently have sex at one point, but they do it off camera. Language: Use of strong language like "s**t", "f**k", and "bulls**t" Drinking: Wine is shown at one point, but nobody is shown drinking it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 28, 2011

great paranormal ghost movie

this 2009 horror film is not scary, the only thing that is scary about this movie is the 3rd ending with the demonized woman. this movie supposed to be real life but the 3rd ending is fake because the person the died in the 3rd ending is still alive. but great horror film. i do not know why this movie should be rated R. i know some PG-13 movies that have more than 1 f word. this movie only has about 15 sh words and about 27 f words, but awesome movie for younger teenagers. if you love paranormal stuff and movies about ghosts this is a movie for you. many kids i know absolutly love this movie. i even love this movie. so if you didn't see this movie, than it is your chance to see it. this movie is fantastic
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

Is it any good? No, it is utterly useless!

A very disappointing movie that did not have any scares or suspense. It does not terrify whatsoever. The longer you watch, the more bored you get. This is not a "scarefest," it is not terrifying and I have no desire to see the sequels. Movies like these just don't work. The movie spends most of it's time dealing with the lives of the main characters, and a only small portion of the movie is devoted to "scares" that last no longer than two seconds each. You don't worry about what may happen, and I think that any child five or older could watch it without getting nightmares. That's my opinion, anyway, but I'll just recomment the film for people twelve years of age or older, because I'm probably wrong. Overall, this movie is no scarier than your average comedy, just not as funny. It probably would be more terrifying with blood and gore. This is just a Youtube video, nothing more. It's less entertaining than most Youtube videos, and the camerawork here is worse than most Youtube videos. Please don't buy or even rent this film unless you're afraid of everything. You don't need to force yourself to watch this boredom. Awful, useless trash.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2011

scary

soooooooooooo scary im 10 but still
Teen, 15 years old Written bydafuddy November 26, 2011

Teen horror flick is very intense, very scary

Paranormal Activity is a very, very cheap bu very well made, very effective and very scary horror flick that was of course, based off of the success of 1999 mega hit The Blair Witch Project. Although, in my humble opinion, it is much better, and much scarier. Pure entertainment is what it is, and most audiences who are so tired of big budget movies and soulless, awful horror movies well find Paranormal Activity a refreshing change of pace. But, it is not appropriate for everyone, because it is Rated R and contains strong profanity throughout, including about 47 uses of the F-word, including numerous other assorted profanities as well. Still, it's fine for teenagers who don't mind profanity and love being scared.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybb20girl November 16, 2011

Not So Scary, Scary Movie

Just so you know I am pretty much the biggest scaredy-cat in the world. This movie is not scary. The only scary thing was you expected it to be more scary so you weren't sure if it was going to be really bad or not. The only scary part to me was the very last scene and one sort of gory thing on the computer. I would have rated this on for children 6 and up but there is a lot of language (f--- words all over the place) and mild sexual content. Overall, I don't really know what all of the hype was about. It was not that great.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO October 31, 2011

Good for 14 up! SCARY But Good!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMols123 October 29, 2011

Many sleepless nights

Scary film, many sleepless nights. It doesn't need gore or violence to scare. Very creepy and jumpy make sure it's not your first horror film....I made that mistake!
Adult Written byB3noise October 23, 2011

It's A Good Movie

Well first off I would like to mention is that this movie isn't for extremely young kids like M.Logan said in a review below. 3 years and up is way off. This movie is meant to scare people and most children are easily scared. I'm only 18 and I remember watching some scary movies that gave me nightmares at a young age. Now the movie it self... people complain well it's not scary. Well it's not for all people, many different things scare many different things. So of course not everyone will be scared by it. But the whole movie sense is based on a more shock scare than anything... so in other words things happen with out you expecting it which can cause some people to jump a-little and make others pee there pants. So obviously it all depends on your mind set. There is really no blood and gore except in maybe one or two parts in the movie. So it's good but not for all people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 20, 2011

Good horror flick with out all the gore.

This movie is very scary. To the playful poltergeist in the beginning, to the fearful demon at the end. This will send chills up your spine, and make you think twice before turning off that light. Paranormal Activity is a good slumber party flick, and will send those chills right up your spine.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

Decent movie

there is alot of swearing, with some sexy stuff, and it is pretty scary.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2011

paranormal activty

this film is pretty creepy not violent apart from the alternative ending .But there were some bits where it could have scared you but did not happen. But there is lots of scary bits in the film the word f**** and S*** is mentioned heavily throughout the film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybryson delph August 28, 2011

Paranormal Activity is AWESOME!

It's a super scary movie. Some people think it's all nothing but when I first saw it, it took me a while o get to sleep. After a month or two I got over my fear but I still am a little concerned. It's a really good movie though. Check out some scenes on youtube to see if you approve.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2011

good movie

A little scary but the language is most inappropeote out of the other inappropeote. I don't reccomend this movie for young teens and younger.
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2011

om

Great Movie!!! Terrifying! Great for tweens and teens because of little blood and gore! I give it a great review because of those reasons. Just make sure your kids know that the uses of f**k and etc. is not ok and you will be fine!