All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2011

scary

soooooooooooo scary im 10 but still
Teen, 15 years old Written bydafuddy November 26, 2011

Teen horror flick is very intense, very scary

Paranormal Activity is a very, very cheap bu very well made, very effective and very scary horror flick that was of course, based off of the success of 1999 mega hit The Blair Witch Project. Although, in my humble opinion, it is much better, and much scarier. Pure entertainment is what it is, and most audiences who are so tired of big budget movies and soulless, awful horror movies well find Paranormal Activity a refreshing change of pace. But, it is not appropriate for everyone, because it is Rated R and contains strong profanity throughout, including about 47 uses of the F-word, including numerous other assorted profanities as well. Still, it's fine for teenagers who don't mind profanity and love being scared.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybb20girl November 16, 2011

Not So Scary, Scary Movie

Just so you know I am pretty much the biggest scaredy-cat in the world. This movie is not scary. The only scary thing was you expected it to be more scary so you weren't sure if it was going to be really bad or not. The only scary part to me was the very last scene and one sort of gory thing on the computer. I would have rated this on for children 6 and up but there is a lot of language (f--- words all over the place) and mild sexual content. Overall, I don't really know what all of the hype was about. It was not that great.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO October 31, 2011

Good for 14 up! SCARY But Good!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMols123 October 29, 2011

Many sleepless nights

Scary film, many sleepless nights. It doesn't need gore or violence to scare. Very creepy and jumpy make sure it's not your first horror film....I made that mistake!
Adult Written byB3noise October 23, 2011

It's A Good Movie

Well first off I would like to mention is that this movie isn't for extremely young kids like M.Logan said in a review below. 3 years and up is way off. This movie is meant to scare people and most children are easily scared. I'm only 18 and I remember watching some scary movies that gave me nightmares at a young age. Now the movie it self... people complain well it's not scary. Well it's not for all people, many different things scare many different things. So of course not everyone will be scared by it. But the whole movie sense is based on a more shock scare than anything... so in other words things happen with out you expecting it which can cause some people to jump a-little and make others pee there pants. So obviously it all depends on your mind set. There is really no blood and gore except in maybe one or two parts in the movie. So it's good but not for all people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 20, 2011

Good horror flick with out all the gore.

This movie is very scary. To the playful poltergeist in the beginning, to the fearful demon at the end. This will send chills up your spine, and make you think twice before turning off that light. Paranormal Activity is a good slumber party flick, and will send those chills right up your spine.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

Decent movie

there is alot of swearing, with some sexy stuff, and it is pretty scary.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2011

paranormal activty

this film is pretty creepy not violent apart from the alternative ending .But there were some bits where it could have scared you but did not happen. But there is lots of scary bits in the film the word f**** and S*** is mentioned heavily throughout the film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybryson delph August 28, 2011

Paranormal Activity is AWESOME!

It's a super scary movie. Some people think it's all nothing but when I first saw it, it took me a while o get to sleep. After a month or two I got over my fear but I still am a little concerned. It's a really good movie though. Check out some scenes on youtube to see if you approve.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2011

good movie

A little scary but the language is most inappropeote out of the other inappropeote. I don't reccomend this movie for young teens and younger.
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2011

om

Great Movie!!! Terrifying! Great for tweens and teens because of little blood and gore! I give it a great review because of those reasons. Just make sure your kids know that the uses of f**k and etc. is not ok and you will be fine!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

You call this HORROR?!

its BORING!!! dont even waste your time, a 5 year old could make a more exciting horror movie! :P
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak July 19, 2011

Very scary. May induce nightmares . Watch if you can handle.

My MPAA Rating, R: Language, and a brief violent moment
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake July 13, 2011

Excellent. Proves you don't need blood to make a horror movie.

Wow this movie was super suspensful and scary. My heart was pounding so fast. Language is the only thing that would give it an R rating. You should see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddiej22 July 5, 2011

It's a good and scary movie, but does use lots of F words...I would definately reccomend that.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2011

Horror with language

This was actually a pretty great movie. Towards the beginning not much happens, but they did that on purpose. Trust me, it just builds suspense. When you're halfway through an R rated scary movie and nothing happened yet and you're questioning wether or not it will, well, a little less than half an hour before the end, you're gonna wish you could rewind, because it's so sudden and you might not even notice. There's 3, maybe 4 scary scenes, not until the end, but they're pretty scary. You should probably try to see it at night, though, it's a better experience. Main thing bad with this movie? Well, as you may have seen in my other reviews, I don't care much about language, hinting at my rating of this as pause for 10 year olds. But, Micah repeatedly says "F" in all it's variations, towards the "demon", the situation itself, and towards Katie. The worst part, though, in one scene, he says to Katie, "You f***ing C**t!", Which is, well, startling. So, add language, my rating would be pause for 14 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Disappointing

This movie was stupid. My dad and I went to see it and at the end we were like ' WTF? '. Very stupid. Bit of language and has a stabbing but you dont see it. Im not even gonna bother to see the sequal
Teen, 16 years old Written by80s Rock Chick :) May 26, 2011

hmmmmm........

i watched it for the first time 4 months back... and while some of it may seem boring... there are some reallllllyyyyy creepy scenes... especially when shes standing over him while hes sleeping, (you know somethings goin to happen) and the end when all that crap is about to happen and the door opens and theres that shadow... and then BANG!!!!!!!! I liked it... the ending was especially insane... I screamed lol... :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeorgia. May 26, 2011

so bad.

I was expecting this film to be scary, it was the most lame thing in the world. i kept waiting for the scares and they just never came. soooo boring.