Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byAmira1976 May 22, 2012

It Is a Horror Movie After All

Whatever others say, this movie IS scary and a horror movie after all. And we all know horror movies are NOT for kids....Unfortunately, my 10 and 14 y-o kids started to watch it on YOUTUBE (I wish someone was out there to check such things and take it off ) so they believed it was a genuine home-made video... I was around and kept telling them it was not real but they got so hooked they almost jumped out of their skin at some parts. My son got really scared and so I went to the Internet to check upon the movie and I turned out to be right: it was all just a horror story made up to frighten. So I hope he will be okay and my daughter as well knowing it is all just a tale. But this experience did show how a movie can affect children if it is not age-appropriate and that we parents need to be much more careful with Youtube...:(
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 June 26, 2015

please don't waste your time with this awful film that kids from my generation call horror.

The only reason I'm giving this movie a no kids rating is because while it isn't really heavy on sexual references it really shouldn't be viewed by anybody due to how bad of a film it is. The acting is bad most of the time, it's very slow paced for a paranormal horror movie, and it isn't scary at all except for the ending scene. But then again that scene isn't enough to leave you terrified or keep you up at night or anything like that. If you must know about the inappropriate content in the movie there are 45 uses of fu** and two sex related scenes. One is somewhere in the beginning where mika tells his girlfriend katie who he lives with to do a striptease for him and a little later in the movie mika gets into bed with katie and he says play time? Katie then notices that the camera is still on and she tells mika to turn it off. So the scene ends implying that they had sex. Like I said before this movie is not scary at all except for one scene and you shouldn't waste your time with it. I'm also a fan of classic horror films so I actually know what horror is unlike most kids from my generation. Please don't waste your time with this piece of crap movie unless you want an hour and 20 something minutes of your life wasted. Trust me.
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexbarkerhook February 21, 2015

Extremely scary, without any blood, gore, or jump scares

This movie scared the heck out of me, without any blood or disturbing images. Movie is intense the whole time because you are waiting for something to happen, but you don't know when they are going to come up
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009
Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenhorrorlover13 October 31, 2014

great for halloween

ive just watched this on halloween its creepy good for teens would advise maybe 14 + think about wether younger teens can handle it but not for below 13 unless you are like 99% sure they can watch with out being sleepless for months but other than that good middle of the range horror quite slow at beginning though taes a good 30 mins to get going
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler June 13, 2015

Words cannot describe how stupid this movie is.

Get ready for a movie full of couples blabbering, scenes of people lying still in bed, and more F words than the amount of dollars in this movie's budget! Enjoy! Ahem. Scariest movie ever? Stupidest movie ever is more like it.
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 January 4, 2014

Not really scary, just a little creepy/erie.

I love the Paranormal Activity movies. I saw the new one, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. It was the best one yet!! It tied in with ALL of them sooo well! Especially the first one actually. But anyways, this movie isn't actually too scary. I think all of the Paranormal Activity movies are good for ages 14 and up, just for language and stuff, because in these movies, they say f--k maybe 8-12 Times in each one. The latest one has nudity in it for a total of like 15 or 20 seconds, so I would say the last one is for 15 or 16 and up. Lol oops, guess I shouldn't have seen the last one. It was really good with many jump scares tho!
Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2014

Scary no. Bloody not at all!

Wow barely any blood. But this movie is TERRIBLY overrated. Its not scary at all to me! It is just LAME! The Conjuring is waaaaaaaay scarier.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTonyBoi August 8, 2016

Smh nah fam

So me and my homebois were fixin to watch a scary movie that would KOSO (knock our socks off) so we whipped real quick over to the library. My boi Gerald pulls up on the librarian for a recommendation and right off the bat she goes "I got u fam." So we chillin thinkin we about to eat, when the bul comes back with this home movie lookin ish Paranormal Activity. Now right off the bat I'm like let's dip fam, but Gerald was all like "we'll take it yung bul"...smh. So we skrt outa there and head back to the crib real fast to see what this hype is all bout. Ok. Review time. First off it looks like the movie be filmed wit a flip phone. I ain't even talkin about Motorola... This ish was straight from a 5th grade ladybug only for emergencies cmon mom it's so lame flip phone. Second, I've seen Disney Jr shows scarier than this joke of a film. They think a door movin by itself is finna scare me? Smh nah fam. Scariest part of the movie was the alternate ending of the chick slitting her throat and tbh, I ain't even sorry with her annoying lil self. Straight up Gerald fell asleep 10 mins in and we end up lobbing him into the lake on a mattress so I think we missed half of it but whatevs. I coulda made a better movie in one day fam no lie (my bois and I actually got a YouTube channel so dm me if interested). In conclusion, steer clear of Paranormal Activity if u don't feel like losing anymore brain cells. As a protective measure, my bois and I ain't even return it to the library to protect the youth from any damage. Consider y'all warned. Peace.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Adult Written byjacobo1 September 13, 2015

A good movie

I'd really recommend watching it and also watch the ghost dimension when it comes out
Teen, 15 years old Written byHarambe Follower August 8, 2016

Harambe doesn't like it

THE WORST MOVIE. I would rather watch Jacob Satorious' vines on a loop than watch this movie. I could have made a better movie on my phone. There are no pop up scares or absolutely nothing that makes the film a bit scary. When there is only 5 cast members, you know that the movie is garbage. Harambe died for our sins and this director obviously is a sinner that Has no faith for Harambe. The boy that fell into the Harambe's enclosure was actually the son of the director of this movie. Moral of the story is that this movie is a waste of time, very boring, NOT scary and a sin to Harambe.