All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Written byAnonymous August 7, 2013

Mediocre film

This movie was very mediocre. A lot of it is made up by loud noises and opening and closing doors. It's just not very scary and the acting was average. Some bits were just stupid and unrealistic and one scene was actually funny. What my dad made me realise is it might not even be based on true events. My dad said that it has been proved people have been saying things happened at their house and it was just made up so keep it in your mind that it may not even be true.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya June 23, 2015

Lol only okay for 16+? I'm watching just because you said that.

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Adult Written bymascj001 December 12, 2011

Great for the Older Teens!

Paranormal Activity is the kind of movie that plays with your brain and takes you back to the time when you were scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night. Since it is a blood and gore free movie, it should be fine for your older teenagers to watch. Keep in mind that there is a lot of bad language and a few sexual situations, so if you are uncomfortable with your child watching themes such as that, this is not the movie for you. For Kids under 16 there is a high risk that they will leave the movie scared to sleep in their bed at night and even start using the bad language both characters use when they are scared. Other than that its a great movie for those thrill seekers who are sick of the stereotypical gory thrillers.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydadthatprotects October 21, 2010
great movie. not too much violence and its a real scare for kids. i would recommend it to all. not much language or violence either so let your kids watch it
Teen, 15 years old Written byJWilliams303 December 28, 2009

One of the worst scary movies ever

No offense to anyone who did think this was scary, but i thought it was one of the most boring movies ever. It wasnt even scary at all. I thought it would be good since i heard from a lot of people that it was scary, but i thought it was just boring, but then again i am one of those people whose seen a lot of scary movies that they wouldnt really scare me as much anymore. I'd probably say skip this movie unless you are scared by paranormal things
Adult Written byjacobo1 September 13, 2015

A good movie

I'd really recommend watching it and also watch the ghost dimension when it comes out
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoĂŻc July 12, 2015

ENGLISH : Paranormal activity is a horror film directed by Oren Peli . It does not show the ghosts or demons ; but only suggested by a thud , a door slamming , footsteps ... leaving much to the imagination of the viewer face his own fears : the effect is much more scary. The film is too scary for children under 12 years , which could be struck by this film with , at times , intense fears. I myself was scared. There are just some times when they talk about sex. Rating 9/10 Great movie horror ; amateur horror movie paranormal activity will make you startled more than once ! FRANÇAIS : Paranormal activity est un film d’épouvante réalisé par Oren Peli. Il ne montre pas les fantômes ou démons ; mais les suggère seulement, par un bruit sourd, une porte qui claque, des traces de pas… laissant beaucoup plus d'imagination auspectateur face à ses propres peurs : l'effet est beaucoup plus angoissant. Le film est donc trop effrayant pour les enfants de moins de 12 ans, qui risque d’être heurté par ce film, avec, à des moments, des peurs intenses. J’ai moi-même eu peur. Il y a juste certains moments où ils parlent de sexe. Note 9/10 Très bon film d’épouvante ; amateur de film horrifique, paranormal activity vous fera sursauté plus d’un fois
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 June 26, 2015

please don't waste your time with this awful film that kids from my generation call horror.

The only reason I'm giving this movie a no kids rating is because while it isn't really heavy on sexual references it really shouldn't be viewed by anybody due to how bad of a film it is. The acting is bad most of the time, it's very slow paced for a paranormal horror movie, and it isn't scary at all except for the ending scene. But then again that scene isn't enough to leave you terrified or keep you up at night or anything like that. If you must know about the inappropriate content in the movie there are 45 uses of fu** and two sex related scenes. One is somewhere in the beginning where mika tells his girlfriend katie who he lives with to do a striptease for him and a little later in the movie mika gets into bed with katie and he says play time? Katie then notices that the camera is still on and she tells mika to turn it off. So the scene ends implying that they had sex. Like I said before this movie is not scary at all except for one scene and you shouldn't waste your time with it. I'm also a fan of classic horror films so I actually know what horror is unlike most kids from my generation. Please don't waste your time with this piece of crap movie unless you want an hour and 20 something minutes of your life wasted. Trust me.
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini March 31, 2015

Low budget movie doesn't satisfy

This movie is extremely overrated. There are jumpscares, but no blood or gore. There is sexy stuff in this movie, but nothing teens can't handle. I didn't find it very scary personally. It's very mediocre and there's a little cheese with it being low budget. There's a lot of swearing too. Don't bother watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexbarkerhook February 21, 2015

Extremely scary, without any blood, gore, or jump scares

This movie scared the heck out of me, without any blood or disturbing images. Movie is intense the whole time because you are waiting for something to happen, but you don't know when they are going to come up
Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2014

Scary no. Bloody not at all!

Wow barely any blood. But this movie is TERRIBLY overrated. Its not scary at all to me! It is just LAME! The Conjuring is waaaaaaaay scarier.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenhorrorlover13 October 31, 2014

great for halloween

ive just watched this on halloween its creepy good for teens would advise maybe 14 + think about wether younger teens can handle it but not for below 13 unless you are like 99% sure they can watch with out being sleepless for months but other than that good middle of the range horror quite slow at beginning though taes a good 30 mins to get going
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie776 October 12, 2014

Scariest Psychological Horror Movie!

Paranormal Activity is the best horror movie ever! There is almost no violence or gore, except for the ending scene, but I won't spoil it! There is a brief inappropriate scene, but almost nothing is shown. The movie itself is about a couple, Katie and Micah, and their experience with a demon that has followed Katie since she was 8 (she's around 25-30 now). There is almost constant language, including the f-word and s-word used multiple times. It is a found-footage horror movie, so if you get motion sickness easily, you might need to close your eyes for the majority of the movie. It is rated R, but only for language. This is a great horror movie with little blood or gore, perfect for the people who hate gore but love horror.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamkwong September 6, 2014

Should Not Be Rated R

This movie is unique, creative, and entertaining. There is barely any violence. It was most likely rated R for the swearing. I didn't find it very scary, but it depends on who you are. The scariest part is at the end. You have been warned.