All member reviews for Paranormal Activity

Indie scare fest doesn't need blood and gore to terrify.

Adult Written bynti757 November 8, 2009

How this movie made it to the screen is unbelievable

This movie is waste of your time.....
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Extremely Scary!

Okay this movie does not have any blood, gore, or violence (brief gory excorcism from afar off computer screen) no sex, no drugs, no consumerism, but what it does have, is EXTREME TERROR!! Warning parents: this movie is so scary, that even you won't be able to sleep for days! I saw it at night, and it is horrifying. Other than that and the language, its okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009
Such a great movie! Very creepy all the way through! And the final scene.....Woah.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya June 23, 2015

Lol only okay for 16+? I'm watching just because you said that.

Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2011

Please, use your mind and save time... don't watch it.

It wasn't scary at all and was filmed by a regular camera which gives you a headache until they set it down. I didn't like it because I mean they swore all the time for no reason. And for some random reason the two decide to have sex in the middle of the movie. (they turned off the camera at this point but after that one of them mentions about how it was)
Adult Written byemjay11911 November 3, 2009
Lammmeeee... this movie was so boring up until the last 20 minutes, half the people in the theatre left before it was even half over. It was not scary at all. The only plus was the way it was filmed, sort of like clover field or the salem witch trial. It made it seem more real in a sense. The only thing inappropriate for children is the extent of the f word used by micah.
Written byAnonymous August 7, 2013

Mediocre film

This movie was very mediocre. A lot of it is made up by loud noises and opening and closing doors. It's just not very scary and the acting was average. Some bits were just stupid and unrealistic and one scene was actually funny. What my dad made me realise is it might not even be based on true events. My dad said that it has been proved people have been saying things happened at their house and it was just made up so keep it in your mind that it may not even be true.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byAmira1976 May 22, 2012

It Is a Horror Movie After All

Whatever others say, this movie IS scary and a horror movie after all. And we all know horror movies are NOT for kids....Unfortunately, my 10 and 14 y-o kids started to watch it on YOUTUBE (I wish someone was out there to check such things and take it off ) so they believed it was a genuine home-made video... I was around and kept telling them it was not real but they got so hooked they almost jumped out of their skin at some parts. My son got really scared and so I went to the Internet to check upon the movie and I turned out to be right: it was all just a horror story made up to frighten. So I hope he will be okay and my daughter as well knowing it is all just a tale. But this experience did show how a movie can affect children if it is not age-appropriate and that we parents need to be much more careful with Youtube...:(
Adult Written bygogreen November 5, 2009

Bad movie choice

VERY, VERY disappointed in this one. I kept thinking that something scary was going to happen. And I waited and waited until about the last 15 to 20 minutes of the movie before it finally had anything remotely scary to take place. That's what you see on the movie trailer when everyone jumps. It was so boring during the entire movie the teenage girl next to me kept saying are we going to watch them sleep again? Then she would start texting. So how scary is this movie? You might want to think twice before spending your money on this one because I wanted mine back!
Adult Written byalexandras April 15, 2015

Waste

It was a waste of time. The scariest thing was when there was a spider in the bathroom. Nothing ever happened. Ever. And the ending just made me laugh at how stupid it was. I thought this movie was supposed to be scary, but no it wasn't at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexbarkerhook February 21, 2015

Extremely scary, without any blood, gore, or jump scares

This movie scared the heck out of me, without any blood or disturbing images. Movie is intense the whole time because you are waiting for something to happen, but you don't know when they are going to come up
Kid, 9 years old November 15, 2014

Scary no. Bloody not at all!

Wow barely any blood. But this movie is TERRIBLY overrated. Its not scary at all to me! It is just LAME! The Conjuring is waaaaaaaay scarier.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenhorrorlover13 October 31, 2014

great for halloween

ive just watched this on halloween its creepy good for teens would advise maybe 14 + think about wether younger teens can handle it but not for below 13 unless you are like 99% sure they can watch with out being sleepless for months but other than that good middle of the range horror quite slow at beginning though taes a good 30 mins to get going
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Fine for Middle School and up

Not violent at all It attempts for a creepy feeling and somewhat succeeds. Plenty of language No on screen deaths
Adult Written bytvgirl December 31, 2009

Traumatizingly Scary

Finished watching this movie like five minutes ago, which means I started it around 1:00 AM, and I will not sleep at all tonight. I am truly scared. Well made. Well written. Brillant acting. Almost too convincing. The scariest part is that this was based partially on true events.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 June 26, 2015

please don't waste your time with this awful film that kids from my generation call horror.

The only reason I'm giving this movie a no kids rating is because while it isn't really heavy on sexual references it really shouldn't be viewed by anybody due to how bad of a film it is. The acting is bad most of the time, it's very slow paced for a paranormal horror movie, and it isn't scary at all except for the ending scene. But then again that scene isn't enough to leave you terrified or keep you up at night or anything like that. If you must know about the inappropriate content in the movie there are 45 uses of fu** and two sex related scenes. One is somewhere in the beginning where mika tells his girlfriend katie who he lives with to do a striptease for him and a little later in the movie mika gets into bed with katie and he says play time? Katie then notices that the camera is still on and she tells mika to turn it off. So the scene ends implying that they had sex. Like I said before this movie is not scary at all except for one scene and you shouldn't waste your time with it. I'm also a fan of classic horror films so I actually know what horror is unlike most kids from my generation. Please don't waste your time with this piece of crap movie unless you want an hour and 20 something minutes of your life wasted. Trust me.
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler June 13, 2015

Words cannot describe how stupid this movie is.

Get ready for a movie full of couples blabbering, scenes of people lying still in bed, and more F words than the amount of dollars in this movie's budget! Enjoy! Ahem. Scariest movie ever? Stupidest movie ever is more like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 23, 2014

Paranormal Activity

Paranormal Activity is a classic film, i watched this a few days before my 12th birthday and this film kept me on my feet but not screaming. A classic film, a must watch. If you're a fan of documentaries or horror or even both- you need to watch this classic!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 January 4, 2014

Not really scary, just a little creepy/erie.

I love the Paranormal Activity movies. I saw the new one, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. It was the best one yet!! It tied in with ALL of them sooo well! Especially the first one actually. But anyways, this movie isn't actually too scary. I think all of the Paranormal Activity movies are good for ages 14 and up, just for language and stuff, because in these movies, they say f--k maybe 8-12 Times in each one. The latest one has nudity in it for a total of like 15 or 20 seconds, so I would say the last one is for 15 or 16 and up. Lol oops, guess I shouldn't have seen the last one. It was really good with many jump scares tho!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonica141414 November 2, 2013

Disappointing!

If you watch this movie when its on TV then the langauge is beeped out. I waited a long time to watch this movie. Everyone was telling me how scary it was, and i finally got to watch it a few days ago. It was a total disappointment its only scary the last fifteen minutes. A complete watse of time!