All member reviews for Pathfinder

Bloody actioner pits Vikings vs. Native Americans.

Adult Written byritakaysinger April 9, 2008

New Thoughts on Vikings

Just saw "Pathfinder" with my 14 year old son. We both liked it - being fans of "300" - "Gladiator" and others like films we are used to the violence but there was something special about this film. It gave us both a great appreciation for Native Americans and how they made a stand for years against the "intruders". This movie has a lot of great location views - mountains and deep forests - awesome. Go See It!!!!!
Adult Written byAtrix256 April 9, 2008

A fresh of breath air

So many movies lately seem to be more about marketing than about any real story or movie going experience. There have been a handful of exceptions where you can tell the movie was made to tell a story, instead of just being a cash cow. Pathfinder is one of those exceptions. If you want to go see a movie completely different from the norm, go see this movie, you will not be disapointed, very well done.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymcmoses June 3, 2010
Adult Written bykpoc April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

a crap movie

I understand this was severly budgeted. However, that does not excuse bad filmaking. The movie tries very hard to be edgy and violent, trying to capitalize on the movie 300. Were 300 looked spectacular to look at, Pathfinder is full of poor visuals. The movie's "look," is difined by a darkened camera, covering everybody in grime. The "fight scenes," are just various shots of dismemberments, decapitations, disimbowlments, and so forth. Don't forget viking and Indian stereotypes galore. I say that the violence is not an issue because it is not effecting or horrific in any way, unless you are under 10 years of age. It is just shots of carnage, and poor ones at that. It all gets boring after awhile. I couldn't wait for the best part: the end credits.
Adult Written byjboo624 April 9, 2008

Triumph thru trials!

The main character, shunned and whipped by his paternal father for not killing an indian child is left for dead. He is found and raised by a tribe of indians and becomes one of them. However, he can't forget his past. The story builds on this. The boy grows to be both a cunning survivalist as well as a brutal warrior.