All member reviews for Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Kevin James' slapstick comedy will amuse older tweens.

Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2010

i think it is an ok movie, but parents think twice about letting kids see it. there is lots of violence and language, and it should be PG-13. violence-mainly fistfights, but sometimes they use weapons, including guns, knives, and baseball bats. language-at least 9 cuss words, and lots of insults about paul. consumerism-rockband,victorias secret, and dunkin donuts d,d, & s-one scene where people drink alchohol
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 2, 2010

good but pushing it for a PG movie

I saw this movie a couple months ago and i thought that it was pritty good. But all the vilonce, rude rumor, and language i thought was pushing it for a PG movie. There was tons of vilonce some of it involving guns and there was some language and rude humor.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2009

Hiiiiiylarios

This a very funny movie. The thing where kids under 6 can't watch it is where Paul gets drunk.
Parent of a 4, 7, and 11 year old Written by3kidsmama June 15, 2009

You should preview this movie before letting your child see it.

This movie was fun for me and my husband to watch...but not my children. I made a bad parenting move by not checking out Common Sense Media before letting my 11 yr. old buy this movie today. As we watched it, I was mortified by the drinking scene. I didn't like the bad language and violence either but that she knows better about. The drinking was to me the worst part...my child is entering middle school. This is the age when they are very likely going to be confronted with this issue. I need positive role models who show my child that getting drunk is not fun or funny. This movie had the potential to be a great movie for tweens. You don't need the bad language and alcohol to make a movie funny. When is Hollywood going to get this?!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion January 18, 2009

A Hilarious Comedy for the Family...

PAUL BLART: MALL COP seemed to me, from the trailer, horribly stupid and simple. It seemed like one of those films where the only funny parts were in the trailer. Well, it's not, and it's a great family comedy that will leave everyone in stitches. Language consists of several "a*s"s and one "go to hell". There are some mild innuendos, but no sex. There is the threat of violence and mention of "silencing" hostages and "putting a bullet in your head". Fortunately, all the on-screen violence is comic (pratfalls, stunts, etc.). This is a great movie, highlighted by the clever script and Kevin James's performance as Blart. He's a great guy; a hero you can root for, and his on-screen adventures come without much objectionable content.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byWilliam Adrian ... September 5, 2009

This movie is unbelievable!! My kids wanted to see this so I decided to let them . We all went to see it and left during the middle of it . It was very violent and language was horrible . He got very drunk in one part , he gets hit with a skateboard and falls through a tall window . I don't think it's a kids movie at all!! Sex was extreme too . Not even for adults .
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written byproverbs226mom July 3, 2009

fine for seven and up

The movie had some very funny scenes in it. I watched it with my children and thought that it was a good movie.
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 27, 2010

Good Movie

I watched this and I loved it. Very funny comedy. Most people would like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 22, 2009

Don't freak out. geez.

Wow. some people are immature. my 7 year old cousins love this movie:) sure it has violence, but it is hilarious. and it has "consumerism" but it's not a commercial. it is not pushing the envelople at PG-13. who even says that? well. let your 8 and 9 year olds see it(:
Teen, 17 years old Written bythatgirl24 January 16, 2009

kevin james was awesome :]

this is a definate keeper, the only thing ikn this movie is lanuage, and its like 2 words...buts its extremely funny. parents if your wondering if you should take your kids...as long as there over like the age of ten, go for it!! things explode...paul blart falls down alot its great! ha
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 June 29, 2015

Enjoyable Kevin James flick.

Overall, this film is fun.
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

mixes action and comedy without being stupid
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bylulugiru August 24, 2010

Good Family movie

Love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byChocolate Chip September 5, 2009

Slapstick Comedy

This movie is kind of dumb, but at the same time it is funny and sweet.
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written bysoph May 31, 2009

mean spirited not family friendly very weird
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 January 28, 2009

funniest movie I've seen in ages!

Consistantly funny and I really enjoyed it. I went out of the theater really liking it, not regretting I saw it. I guess I really needed a good laugh!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015

Slapstick humor in Kevin James cop comedy

My rating:PG comic violence,crude language
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvolute Creator July 18, 2015

Hilarious, some violence and one drinking scene

This was just a wonderful movie, I watched it in the middle of the night in a car, and I found it incredibly amusing. There are tons of rude jokes, and some meanness, but overall has great positive role models and messages. It has some violence, lots of pratfalls and slapstick. Also, there are scenes with gunplay and chases and fights. It was the most tense I've ever felt watching a movie, and I've watched all four Jurassic Park movies, plus more meant to be tense. There was a little bit of sexual innuendo, and Paul is looking for a lover, seeming a bit obsessive over the leading female. There is one kiss. The movie is set in a mall, so there is a LOT of consumerism, but that's still worth it. "Ass", "damn", "oh my God" are used, along with "sweet mercy", and a few insults like: "idiot", "fat", "loser", and others. There is one scene where Paul gets extremely drunk, and as revealed later in the movie, gets tattooed during his drunkenness. He acts extremely drunk and so does one other character. Overall, this is a great movie, iffy from ages 5-6, okay 7+. I say YOU should watch it, too!
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2015

Awesome Movie!!!!!

Great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeidi14 July 7, 2015

Mall Cop

I think Mall Cop is a good movie. I would say that over 10s can watch it. There's a bit of violence in it but mixed with comedy. There is a bit when he's drunk so you could say you do not wont your children to see that. But other then that it's a family comedy movie.