All member reviews for Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Kevin James' slapstick comedy will amuse older tweens.

Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2010
i think it is an ok movie, but parents think twice about letting kids see it. there is lots of violence and language, and it should be PG-13. violence-mainly fistfights, but sometimes they use weapons, including guns, knives, and baseball bats. language-at least 9 cuss words, and lots of insults about paul. consumerism-rockband,victorias secret, and dunkin donuts d,d, & s-one scene where people drink alchohol
Parent of a 4, 7, and 11 year old Written by3kidsmama June 15, 2009

You should preview this movie before letting your child see it.

This movie was fun for me and my husband to watch...but not my children. I made a bad parenting move by not checking out Common Sense Media before letting my 11 yr. old buy this movie today. As we watched it, I was mortified by the drinking scene. I didn't like the bad language and violence either but that she knows better about. The drinking was to me the worst part...my child is entering middle school. This is the age when they are very likely going to be confronted with this issue. I need positive role models who show my child that getting drunk is not fun or funny. This movie had the potential to be a great movie for tweens. You don't need the bad language and alcohol to make a movie funny. When is Hollywood going to get this?!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 2, 2010

good but pushing it for a PG movie

I saw this movie a couple months ago and i thought that it was pritty good. But all the vilonce, rude rumor, and language i thought was pushing it for a PG movie. There was tons of vilonce some of it involving guns and there was some language and rude humor.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion January 18, 2009

A Hilarious Comedy for the Family...

PAUL BLART: MALL COP seemed to me, from the trailer, horribly stupid and simple. It seemed like one of those films where the only funny parts were in the trailer. Well, it's not, and it's a great family comedy that will leave everyone in stitches. Language consists of several "a*s"s and one "go to hell". There are some mild innuendos, but no sex. There is the threat of violence and mention of "silencing" hostages and "putting a bullet in your head". Fortunately, all the on-screen violence is comic (pratfalls, stunts, etc.). This is a great movie, highlighted by the clever script and Kevin James's performance as Blart. He's a great guy; a hero you can root for, and his on-screen adventures come without much objectionable content.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byWilliam Adrian ... September 5, 2009
This movie is unbelievable!! My kids wanted to see this so I decided to let them . We all went to see it and left during the middle of it . It was very violent and language was horrible . He got very drunk in one part , he gets hit with a skateboard and falls through a tall window . I don't think it's a kids movie at all!! Sex was extreme too . Not even for adults .
Adult Written byMs.Mommy May 24, 2009

Should Be PG-13

I went to go see this movie with my son who is 13 and we both thought it was a good movie with a nice moral at the end. However i felt it should've been PG-13 due to all the violence in it. There were also some sex jokes that didnt need to be there and the scene where he got drunk wasnt very funny. Better for older kids
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2009

Hiiiiiylarios

This a very funny movie. The thing where kids under 6 can't watch it is where Paul gets drunk.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byYOUTUBEYAY July 29, 2009
i LOVE this movie and theres no shi*
Parent of a 6 year old Written byTheMoopies May 26, 2009
Teen, 17 years old Written bythatgirl24 January 16, 2009

kevin james was awesome :]

this is a definate keeper, the only thing ikn this movie is lanuage, and its like 2 words...buts its extremely funny. parents if your wondering if you should take your kids...as long as there over like the age of ten, go for it!! things explode...paul blart falls down alot its great! ha
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written byproverbs226mom July 3, 2009

fine for seven and up

The movie had some very funny scenes in it. I watched it with my children and thought that it was a good movie.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byB12 June 3, 2009

Fun and goofy for family friendly viewing

Goofy movie with ninja style action.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byMoira May 31, 2009

Awful awful awful movie!!!!!

Awful movie. Couldn't watch the whole thing. Bored and didn't laugh at all. My 10 yr old daughter did finish it but didn't laugh either. Was basically a toned down action movie for tweens. Made fun of fat people, had information about hypoglycemia all wrong and no laughs (well I chuckled once truth be told). Too much violence, too much insulting of fat people and boring!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTobster December 9, 2015

Good

This movie is great for kids! All injury's are for laughs and nobody is badly hurt. This movie has great messages and positive themes.
Parent Written byTheUltimateDad December 27, 2010

Good Movie

I watched this and I loved it. Very funny comedy. Most people would like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 22, 2009

Don't freak out. geez.

Wow. some people are immature. my 7 year old cousins love this movie:) sure it has violence, but it is hilarious. and it has "consumerism" but it's not a commercial. it is not pushing the envelople at PG-13. who even says that? well. let your 8 and 9 year olds see it(:
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written bysoph May 31, 2009
mean spirited not family friendly very weird
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 February 20, 2016

paul blart mall cop is not for little kids

i think paul blart mall cop is a amazing movie but its not for little kids because it has some raunchy humor like paul blart running over a dog at the begining of the movie and paul blart gets drunk at a bar theirs some swearing like hell and shit and some people take over the mall and threaten to kill some people with that being said i dont reccomend paul blart mall cop for anyone under the age of 13
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 June 29, 2015

Enjoyable Kevin James flick.

Overall, this film is fun.
Adult Written byage 10+ April 22, 2012

great family flick for older kids