All member reviews for Pay It Forward

Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic92 April 9, 2008

A wonderful movie

This was a touching movie, although some people may not like it. It was well acted, but I did not like the ending. I thought it was just put in so there was a sad moment, but overall it was still a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymatt_m April 9, 2008

Brilliant Motion Picture

*Sex - Mother works at a strip club *Violence - Stabbing near end *Language - Frequent profanity *Social Behavior - The point of the movie was about helping other people *Commercialism - None *Drugs/Alcohol - Child helps mother beat drinking problem Rating:***** (5/5)
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

sad

ah, i cried. our yr 6 teacher let us watch it and it's M15+ anyway. sad movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeF4ck June 8, 2014

Bad

not very good. make us watch dis in school thinking we could change ze world! pah, dont bother watching
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written by Swim3456 May 6, 2014

Amazing!

i actually have so may mixed emotions over this movie I have no idea what to think. At some parts i felt super uncomfortable. At some parts i felt happy. At some parts (ok maybe a lot of parts) i felt sad. It's a really emotional movie let's just say. But the whole idea of "pay it forward"is so sweet, I actually love it so much.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 June 4, 2012

One Wors to this movie

one word amazing
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2012

This can't be a PG-13, defenitily R

My MPAA rating is R for persasive language, sexuality, partial nudity, intense violent peril, mature thematic materiel, strong drug and drinking references throughout, and smoking.
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2012

Very well made

I saw the movie in my AVID class and I must admit, was pretty surprised by the amount of drugs, violence, and profanity. Especially by Trevor; no seventh grader has any business saying things like sh*t or bullsh*t. However, it was a great movie- I cried at the end. I strongly recommend this to kids mature enough to understand it (14 or 15 and up)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySchipperke March 29, 2012

Forced To Watch This In School

We were forced to watch this for school with teachers standing around. The amount of cursing, drug usage, sex, and general stereotypical Vegas-ness made it incredibly uncomfortable. I don't feel like it's worth it to try to ignore all that just to watch this movie--it seems to be a pretty standard inspirational film.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2012

okay but not excellent

oits a good movie but it has too much achohol and smoking involved and it has strong language
Teen, 15 years old Written bypaigenatane December 29, 2011

Amazing

A wonderful story with amazing messages. There is some violence, including severe but healed burns on one character and one character death. There is a mild strip club scene and one mild, not revealing sex scene. There is some brief language. One character is an alcoholic but this is a great point to talk about to your kids. Overall, a great movie. Watch with your kids and discuss everything. Such a thought-provoking movive. One of my favorites.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 6, 2011

Great movie with inspiring messages. It made me want to help people, and coincidentally I have since watching it today. I just called 911 to save a woman being attacked and possibly raped in my neighborhood. Very good movie, a charactder swears a lot. 15+ sh**ts. Some sexuality. Drinkig throughout. Emotional.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypersonator February 11, 2011

kinda disturbing and sad. My seventh grade class watched this. A few kids cried. I had to hold back the tears b/c I don't like the idea of crying at school. All in all good movie. Some iffy stuff. After the teacher and Mom have made love, the next morning Trevor refers to it as a sleepover. Some drug abuse, Trevor's Mom slaps Trevor(but apologizes after that). Very emotional and moving. Cool but if your kids cried during Marley & Me or Romona & Beezus they are not emotionally ready to see this film cuz it will totally make them cry.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRhythmofLove1997 November 4, 2010

o my gosh!

i frikin love this movie, has an absolute fabulous message. deep for sure so uh probably not best for kids under 12. honestly, i wouldnt watch it again, its a one time movie for me, its quite sad, for anyone who hasn't watched it, it is sad so i recommend watching a comedy or something. aside from the sadness it has some of its funny parts, most certainly touching i mean ive never really been touched by many movies but this makes the the list. i would recommend it to anyone, just know that its sad, also i think Haley Joel Osment does a fantastic job. he plays as an 11 almost twelve year old seventh grader named Trevor who has every right to hate like, but he takes this social studies class with Mr. Simonet (Kevin Spacey, who also does a fantastic job) Mr. Simonet encourages the kids to go out and make a difference in the world. Trevor goes out and starts something called "the pay it forward plan" meaning if i did something nice for you, you would have to go out and keep the chain of good deeds going. I don't want to say to much, its a movie you'll just have to watch. I can't say enough about it, i love it, and thats rare for me to like a sad movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2010

SAD

this movie was incredibly sad. The movie is about a young 11/12 year old boy trying to make a difference in the world. The movie does claerly have many positive messaes about carring for others to make the world a better place and helping people in need ect......... But even though the film has positive messages you must keep in mind it is a very sad and somewhat vilont film. Characters talk about abuse they suffered or someone else suffered including beating and burning. Some vilonce iseven shown on screen including a young boy being stabbed in the stomach and constint somewhat scary arguments between characters. The ending is sad and heartbreaking but the ending does show that if you try hard and dont give up you can make a diffrence. Some parts of this film i have to edmit where even to intense for me to watch. That is why i recomend pay it forward to teens ages 13 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySgt-Samson July 3, 2010

Good concept, but the movie has some funny moments, but mostly sad moments that are too much for teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 April 10, 2010

great acting in this movie, makes you cry throughout the whole movie especially the end
Teen, 13 years old Written byMedia Lover March 20, 2010

An amazing and emotional film

this one of my favorite movies. some of it may not be completely ippropriate, but the overall message is what really sticks, and it is definetely a good message. This movie definetely deserves its PG-13 rating. It is an AMAZING movie, and anyone who watchs it will love it.
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2009

Pretty Good

Pretty Good. I mean I thought it would be a really bad movie but it turned out to be pretty good. I was watching tv when my mom changed the channel to this so I had no choice. she said it was good and my mom has good taste so yeah that's why. PS: I was going to cry at the ending.